News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/01 - Red Rocks - Morrison, CO - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mistercharlie, August 02, 2009, 01:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blatboom

justjezmund

Quote from: blatboom on August 02, 2009, 01:32:42 PM

sweet thanks blat

been you to have any slush? def a cool antelope
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

guyforget

sick throwdown in the 'paug section last night w/ hicks, slim, cactusfan, disco & his crew, etc. 

great show for some bust-outs but not my favorite of the 3 rr's so far.  hood might be my highlight of the night... 

tough call though.

fri (night 2) is still my favorite so far

im sure we get another throwdown tonight, yem, slave, wilson, golgi, reba...
-AD_

justjezmund

mistercharlie

Quote from: JustJezmund on August 02, 2009, 12:29:01 PM
woah passed out for a minute (hour and a half) had to start over again so i am still listening to "with" and i must say it is great

well at the tube now and this would be me if not hung over  :crazy:
That was me last night during Tube. :-D
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

justjezmund

Quote from: Mistercharlie on August 02, 2009, 02:35:23 PM
woah passed out for a minute (hour and a half) had to start over again so i am still listening to "with" and i must say it is great

what up bro, i heard the stream was better last night. T/F?

ytowndan

The streams last night were pretty good, actually.  It sounded better than the LP sbds for the first leg.   :wink:
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

Quote from: JustJezmund on August 02, 2009, 02:43:27 PM
Quote from: Mistercharlie on August 02, 2009, 02:35:23 PM

what up bro, i heard the stream was better last night. T/F?
Quote from: ytowndan on August 02, 2009, 02:46:18 PM
The streams last night were pretty good, actually.  It sounded better than the LP sbds for the first leg.   :wink:
Dan's dead on here.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

justjezmund

Quote from: ytowndan on August 02, 2009, 02:46:18 PM

word but this leg is sounding awesome and they are still getting them up within hours of end show.  these even sound good on the little laptop speakers.

Gol D. Roger

,,Teenage Dreams, So Hard To Beat"

mistercharlie

Bobafett

maybe tonight will be one of those 16 song shows that just grooves your brain out of your ears.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

jedifunk

quick thoughts: very solid show, that is generating much debate here in CO... many of my peeps feel this was better than the other 2, but i feel that 1st night is still holding it down on top.

very well played first set with a nice groove to it, but nothing really too special IMO... 2nd set was once again off the hook!  RnR > DWD > Free was sweet... DWD stole the show IMO.

again, others in the group felt that the Tube & free were the hightlights, but i found both of those to be somewhat standard.

Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

blatboom

PIE-GUY

OK - finally finished listening to the whole night from LP... I gotta say, it rocked. The only down point, imo, was the beginning of Rock & Roll which Trey completely screwed... I mean, it sounds like he forgot how the lick is supposed to be played for the entire first verse. Am I the only one bothered by this?

Anyway, the whole show is really solid.

Bag - sweet opener!
With - nailed it -- just beautiful!
Mound - welcome back!
Jibboo - Fantastic building jam, starts so quiet. Loved it.
Guyute - sweet first set Guyute. Perfect placement.
PYITE - Always fun - not flubbed too bad.
Tube - not epic, but great jam and nailed throughout.
Alaska - Say what you will, I dig this tune - Page owns it!! Plus the jam is pure R&R fun.
'lope - Solid set closer.

R&R - mentioned how rough the start of this was, but the jam is solid. Like really solid. Love how it comes down to Mike in the end for the transition into...
DwD - Also an amazing jam. They are really listening to each other here. It shows! It's like they're finally getting their sea legs back!
Free - also nice - not out there, but really nice
Esther - You got your meat and potatoes in the first three songs of the set - the rest is dessert! Perfect!
Dirt - more dessert
Hood - perhaps the 2nd best hood of 3.0 - as a bonus, Trey nails the Mr. Minor segment!!

Sleeping Monkey - This song never gets old for me... NEVER!
1st Tube - This closed so many Trey shows during the "no Phish period" it seems weird to me here. Nothing bad about it, just strange. i would have been jumping up and down during it, fo sho!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul