News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/05 - Shoreline - Mountain View, CA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mistercharlie, August 06, 2009, 02:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

No one said that MBW couldn't have pitched in and kept setlist in his Page 1 post, though.

mbw

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 06, 2009, 08:47:51 AM
No one said that MBW couldn't have pitched in and kept setlist in his Page 1 post, though.

that would just be enabling your self-destructive non-setlist keeping behavior

rowjimmy

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on August 06, 2009, 08:59:01 AM

Perhaps.

Props, btw, to ceevee, for pitching in and tracking & reposting the setlist throughout the night. there were others as well, but I thought I'd call out the new guy. +k to him.  :clap:

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 06, 2009, 09:04:09 AM

Perhaps.

Props, btw, to ceevee, for pitching in and tracking & reposting the setlist throughout the night. there were others as well, but I thought I'd call out the new guy. +k to him.  :clap:
Yes, I definatly +k'd Ceevee last night. He seems like a good new addition to our little community.

Oh Yeah, Thanks for fixing my first post rj.!! sorry for missing the Stealin' Time.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: Mistercharlie on August 06, 2009, 10:46:36 AM

Perhaps.

Props, btw, to ceevee, for pitching in and tracking & reposting the setlist throughout the night. there were others as well, but I thought I'd call out the new guy. +k to him.  :clap:
Yes, I definatly +k'd Ceevee last night. He seems like a good new addition to our little community.

Oh Yeah, Thanks for fixing my first post rj.!! sorry for missing the Stealin' Time.

np. that's what magic powers are for.

gah

Quote from: ytowndan on August 06, 2009, 03:58:01 AM
Quote from: disco on August 06, 2009, 02:44:13 AM
    Cities > Maze > Mike's Song -> Simple > Weekapaug Groove
    Encore:
      Let Me Lie, Bold As Love

looking forward to hearing that part

Me too.  Also, I can't wait to hear this 20 min DWD

Yes, wtu's text on that was:

QuoteHoly Fu#k! This dwd is out of this world!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: goodabouthood on August 06, 2009, 10:51:50 AM
Quote from: ytowndan on August 06, 2009, 03:58:01 AM
Quote from: disco on August 06, 2009, 02:44:13 AM
    Cities > Maze > Mike's Song -> Simple > Weekapaug Groove
    Encore:
      Let Me Lie, Bold As Love

looking forward to hearing that part

Me too.  Also, I can't wait to hear this 20 min DWD

Yes, wtu's text on that was:

QuoteHoly Fu#k! This dwd is out of this world!

:)
i heard wtu had some pretty awesome seats behind a drummer.. mickey i think was his name? ;)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

PIE-GUY

Just got through set 1 - gotta say, Golgi and Divided were both pretty rough. Like 2.0 rough. Painful to hear the flubs.

The Bowie was hot, though!

starting set 2 now.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 06, 2009, 11:27:07 AM
Just got through set 1 - gotta say, Golgi and Divided were both pretty rough. Like 2.0 rough. Painful to hear the flubs.

Well Red Rocks sounded very 1.0, So shoreline = 2.0, Back to 3.0 for the Gorge. :-D
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

okelnard

starting set 2 now.

A redemption Bowie... the RR version was rough... how was the comet>cdt?
"What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on here?" - Taggart

"We liked number 217."  - Trey

"If you think you know what the hell is going on, you're probably full of shit."  - Robert Anton Wilson

Hicks

Quote from: okelnard on August 06, 2009, 11:34:36 AM

starting set 2 now.

I can tell you without listening to it that it's your standard slam into the next song that they've been doing with Halley's since they came back a la 1994. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Hicks on August 06, 2009, 11:36:49 AM
Quote from: okelnard on August 06, 2009, 11:34:36 AM

starting set 2 now.

I can tell you without listening to it that it's your standard slam into the next song that they've been doing with Halley's since they came back a la 1994. 

exactamundo!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

justjezmund

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

ceevee

Quote from: Mistercharlie on August 06, 2009, 10:46:36 AM

Perhaps.

Thanks for the kind words RJ, MisterCharlie, Phishy, and all. Right back at you.  :beers:
It was these live setlist threads that drew me here in the first place!

I haven't heard the recordings yet, but to look back on paper, the setlist is nothing to sneeze at. Especially with the Oh Sweet Nothin' bustout/kickdown...and everything that follows. And I'm a fan of Circus - as I said, my favorite Los Lobos cover. My only real complaint would be TTE, but going to the Gorge I can't complain about that one too much either! I actually wouldn't mind a short TTE Reprise - just the end jam out of (________?).

Oh, I think that there should be a segue arrow between DWD and LxL.