News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Healthcare Content (Protest Instructions) >>>>>

Started by sophist, August 06, 2009, 09:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdman

Brown has basically won with 52% of the vote.
Coakley ran the worst smear campaign I have ever witnessed. I am so sick of hearing how Scott Brown will ruin the world. Not once did Coakley say where she stood on any issues.
Hate  to say it, but I voted for the third party candidate. I cant stand either of the others.
Paug FTMFW!

antelope19

Well, looks like its official.  This health care bill is officially fu**ed  :|
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

guyforget

healthcare bill was fucked before this, frankly.

this could have more far-reaching repercussions, but we'll have to wait and see.

im sure there are quite a few whacko people out there re-remembering the phrase "obama's waterloo" for their tea parties in coming months, as this is the best possible fuel for their fires. 

-AD_

Undermind

On the http://www.cnn.com/ breaking news ticker!

House Democrats have 216 votes needed to pass health care reform, chairman of House Democratic Caucus tells CNN.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

sls.stormyrider

really hope this passes.

I've VERY dissapointed at the Dems for lots of things on this bill, mostly removing the malpractice reform the Pres said he was in favor of. Still we need universal coverage.

The fact that we have people in this countrly w/o medical coverage is a disgrace. I can go on about stories I see every day, but won't for now.

I don't understand what these people are against. There is no expansion of the federal program, so it's not a govt takeover (for better or worse, I don't think we'll ever have single payer in the US). I almost wish some of the ignorant protestors (and some GOP lawmakers) find out what it's like to get sick and have no medical coverage.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Superfreakie

Quote from: slslbs on March 21, 2010, 12:27:52 PM
I've VERY dissapointed at the Dems for lots of things on this bill, mostly removing the malpractice reform the Pres said he was in favor of. Still we need universal coverage.

What seems lost on the majority of your public, is that very few large pieces of legislation ever pass to remain in their original draft. More often than not, legislation is a living entity. These pieces are continuously altered and tailored for contingencies that could not of been foreseen at their inception; social interests and civic understanding inevitably evolve and so must law. Nor is it possible for anyone to envision all the pitfalls without actually putting the concerned legislation to test. Eventually, one must abandon the computer models so that the car may be driven. The Civil Rights Act of '64 hardly looks like it did when it first came into being, with changes often stemming from court challenges, with the court expanding its parameters through interpretation. This health care bill is going to have huge problems and yes, there will be abuses. But as we do with most problems, they will be fixed. To believe that one can present perfection in its infancy is ludicrous, but it does make for a convincing argument.  :wink:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

sls.stormyrider

I definitely agree with that, which is why I am strongly in favor of the bill.
One of the reasons I am dissapointed in the Dems (other than the malpractice issue) is the process. this could / should have been done months ago, and many of them were holding out based upon small parts of the bill rather than looking at the whole. For instance, those on the left, who want single payer, thought this wasn't far enough. Well, it's a hell of a lot better than what we have. They wanted something perfect, and couldn't see the forest from the trees.
One step at a time, and this is a very big step.

anyway, the health care bill process proves my impressions that-
1) to many (not all) of those in congress, political power is more important than the American people
2)the Dems, as a whole, are inept
3)the GOP, as a whole, is scary / dangerous
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Superfreakie

Quote from: slslbs on March 21, 2010, 02:19:44 PM
1) to many (not all) of those in congress, political power is more important than the American people

Correct, correct and correct Steve. You receive a 100% on your Sunday civics quiz.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

sls.stormyrider

twatts

this could / should have been done months ago, and many of them were holding out based upon small parts of the bill rather than looking at the whole.

Due Process...  While I favor passage of The Bill, the fact that the Dems went through the entire horse-beating process gave the passage that much more meaning.  I think all voices should be heard, despite how absurd (*cough* tea baggers), before a final vote is tallied...   

1.  But their Power is derived from the People.  Come November, we may a shift (probably).  Those that "held-out", did so because they had to look favorable to their constituencies...

2.  Yeah, we've known that for along time...  Its the one thing that makes the DNC displeasing to me...  Come on!  Have some balls!  At least the GOP has big hairy ones!

3.  Pretty much!  If the TeaBaggers are the typical GOP, then we're F***ed when they get in power!

I'm glad it passed.  This will be my only post concerning this...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

rowjimmy

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 23, 2010, 11:56:59 AM
Bill >
Law
(end set)
it's not that easy. (not that this was easy)
still a way to go on this