News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/14 - Comcast Theatre - Hartford, CT - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mistercharlie, August 15, 2009, 12:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tweezy

if I could go back, knowing then what I know now, I'd trade my Fox AND Fenway for Hartford.

(probably not, but u kno.)
If I haven't seen it, it's new to me!

fauxpaxfauxreal

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Undermind

Show was absolutely well played.  On the car ride home and can't wait to dl the show when I get home!
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

thechad

Quote from: Mistercharlie on August 15, 2009, 01:10:46 AM
The show is up on LP now.

D00000dddd!!!!1!!1!!!!! You're stealin' my gig!   :x :evil: :-P :mrgreen:
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

mistercharlie

Quote from: thechad on August 15, 2009, 01:18:10 AM
Quote from: Mistercharlie on August 15, 2009, 01:10:46 AM
The show is up on LP now.

D00000dddd!!!!1!!1!!!!! You're stealin' my gig!   :x :evil: :-P :mrgreen:

Sorry, I was anxious for tonights show. I think I wore-out the F5 button.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Superfreakie

Absolutely brilliant set list construction. This is what I love about Phish and what makes them more addictive than crack; just look at this poor guy, serious addict there pholks  :wtu:

Can't wait to hear if the quality of playing holds up. Generally a set list like this bodes well  :rawk: :rawk: 
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

cactusfan

Tweezy

i just started listening... is this really 2009 phish?   :-o
If I haven't seen it, it's new to me!

fauxpaxfauxreal

Superfreakie

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on August 15, 2009, 02:09:14 AM
someone slipped trey that tab of acid i was hoping for?

newni newni new.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

jasonsobel

just got home from the show.  I won't write much tonight - but they really nailed it tonight.  top notch playing, huge energy (both crowd & band).  for the pre-show music, they had on Talking Heads, and when Psycho Killer came on, the whole crowd was singing along with the "Fa fa fa fa fa...."  I mentioned it to the guy I was talking to at the time (some random dude from LA who I didn't really know), but didn't give it much more thought until set 2 :)

After Catapult Psycho Killer, they went back into the Ghost jam for a couple of minutes before going into Catapult.  They brought it all down and Trey was talkative and dancing around.  then Fish came out from behind the drums and did a short dance as well.  from there, they went into Catapult.  During Icculus, Trey was talking about video games, cell phones, iphones, etc, etc...  but when was the last time you picked up a BOOK!?!!  totally awesome.

on another note, it was cool to meet up with Travis (aka "inourdr" here on week4paug) and his wife before the show.  and I think "JustJezmund" called me before the show too, but after I had gotten stubbed down.  I could barely hear him on the phone, and we didn't end up getting together.  I spent the whole show with my taper friends, Dave Flaschner, Jason Adler, Andy Murray, Myco, Keith, and some other guys too :)
sing me back home before I die

whatapiper

:clap:Just got service driving through Montana and Idaho on hwy 12 and holy shit, I was listening to forbins from the foxy run wondering if tonight was the night, I guess so. Icculus, forbins> mockingbird, and the just about everything else, I mean, holy f-in shit
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

disco

Quote from: jasonsobel on August 15, 2009, 02:15:12 AM
just got home from the show.  I won't write much tonight - but they really nailed it tonight.  top notch playing, huge energy (both crowd & band).  for the pre-show music, they had on Talking Heads, and when Psycho Killer came on, the whole crowd was singing along with the "Fa fa fa fa fa...."  I mentioned it to the guy I was talking to at the time (some random dude from LA who I didn't really know), but didn't give it much more thought until set 2 :)

After Catapult, they went back into the Ghost jam for a couple of minutes before going into Catapult.  They brought it all down and Trey was talkative and dancing around.  then Fish came out from behind the drums and did a short dance as well.  from there, they went into Catapult.  During Icculus, Trey was talking about video games, cell phones, iphones, etc, etc...  but when was the last time you picked up a BOOK!?!!  totally awesome.

on another note, it was cool to meet up with Travis (aka "inourdr" here on week4paug) and his wife before the show.  and I think "JustJezmund" called me before the show too, but after I had gotten stubbed down.  I could barely hear him on the phone, and we didn't end up getting together.  I spent the whole show with my taper friends, Dave Flaschner, Jason Adler, Andy Murray, Myco, Keith, and some other guys too :)

glad you were there to enjoy  :phish:
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..