News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Paug Runners' World

Started by GBL, August 21, 2009, 06:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunrisevt

Dude, your 1/2 marathon split is a solid minute faster than that. You will crush 8:30.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Augustus

Ran NJ this AM in 3:48:06/8:43p.
Ran insanely great splits up until 19 and then fell apart.
Still happy with the overall time, but the beating sun for the with zero shade for the last 15 miles caught up to me and ruined my chance at a new PR.
Missed it by 45 seconds!
Anyway, still happy with the race.
Running LI next weekend and def hoping to PR.
High Mileage Spring rolls on!

Buffalo Budd

Holy cow, that seems pretty decent.
Nice job and good luck on the next.  :beers:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Augustus

I actually just LOL'd at the "pretty decent."
Yeah, I was looking for a faster time, but had mentally prepared for a much worse time around the 24 mark.
Kinda OK with my time.
LI next weekend and my 50k in 3 wks.

sls.stormyrider

nice job
:beers:

good luck in the LI
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Augustus on April 26, 2015, 06:45:47 PM
I actually just LOL'd at the "pretty decent."
Yeah, I was looking for a faster time, but had mentally prepared for a much worse time around the 24 mark.
Kinda OK with my time.
LI next weekend and my 50k in 3 wks.

When I said pretty decent, it was in relation to your own past performances, lol.
I would have dropped dead before the 8 mile mark.

Augustus

Looking to knock a good chunk off this weekend.
Tired of these 3:40's...;)

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Augustus on April 27, 2015, 10:04:05 AM
Looking to knock a good chunk off this weekend.
Tired of these 3:40's...;)

Yeah, how about you pull up your socks, slacker.

Augustus

Augustus

Also, I ran with the 3:40 group for about 18 and the pace leader had just run the USA 24hr championship. Aside from him running a 3:40 Marathon just days after, the real crazy part is that he ran 159 miles (256k)!
6+ marathons! Insane!

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: Augustus on April 27, 2015, 11:14:07 AM
Also, I ran with the 3:40 group for about 18 and the pace leader had just run the USA 24hr championship. Aside from him running a 3:40 Marathon just days after, the real crazy part is that he ran 159 miles (256k)!
6+ marathons! Insane!

slacker

GBL

So as some of you may know, I quit smoking cigarettes back on February 15th.  A few weeks later, at the end of February, I joined a gym, and started running again.  I have been doing strength training 3 days a week and running 1-3 days a week.  I have been very committed to the weights (3 days a week for all of March and April)  but it took me a little while to get back into the swing of running, however, April was an awesome month as far as running in concerned and I have literally never felt better in my entire life.
Now to why I am posting in here: a week ago on Thursday i went for a run by my house, a perfect 5.5 mile loop right on the bluffs.  About halfway through my run I am noticing some pain on the top of my left foot near my ankle.  After maybe running a quarter of a mile longer it becomes extremely apparent that there is some seriously wrong with my foot, as I am in some serious pain.  Only problem is that I was only about halfway through my run so I ended up hobbling home for over 2 miles, which seriously sucked.
So here I am, over a week later, and I am headed for the orthopedic office, as I am thoroughly convinced I either have some ligament damage or a stress fracture/break in my ankle.  My ankle actually feels a lot worse then it did a week ago  :frustrated:
More then anything I am just bummed because I was really starting to hit a groove as far as getting into shape is concerned (down 10 pounds and 8% body fat)
If this is love, I'm never going home..