News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Paug Runners' World

Started by GBL, August 21, 2009, 06:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mattstick

Unless Time Turned Elastic I don't think that was my finishing time. I fell apart around 26 and was a total mess in the last 5.

Definitely a learning experience and the hardest thing I've done in my life.

I want to thank everyone here for your support and intrest - when things got tough I thought of you guys!

guyforget

Holly and I were watching the video stream, waiting for the announcer to say your name.  We watched until it popped up your time on the results page, he didnt ever say your name.  But their feed was bad, it kept cutting out and the guy kept checking his mic.  It broke to a commercial at one point, and also kept showing the huge crowd of 5k'ers.  We were hoping he'd say your name as you crossed.  There were a lot of dudes who looked like you, but the video quality was very poor so you could barely make out any facial features, just dudes w/ the belts w/ water bottles that you wear and ipods on their arms.  We just kept going "is that him?  no, is that him?"  haha. 

But we were cheering for you buddy, from our couch... on our fat asses, eating breakfast.  You were at least 20 miles into your morning when I got out of bed... 

-AD_

mbw

congrats mattstick!  quite an accomplishment.

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

G. Augusto

Congrats, Matt!
You've won because you started... :wink:

sunrisevt

^^^Well said, aug.

Congratulations to both of you.  :beers:
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mattstick

This is what you look like after 42.2 km

aphineday

Quote from: mattstick on September 30, 2009, 08:32:19 AM

Congrats Mattstick. That's huge man.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Mr Minor

Quote from: mattstick on September 30, 2009, 08:32:19 AM

Congrats, dude.  That's huge. 

I am going to start running a few days a week to get in shape for basketball season.  Gotta get those girls in shape before the season starts, too.

mattstick

As I was finishing there was literally a guy crawling across the finish line - so in my finishing picture I will probably be triumphantly crossing, arms in the air smiling, while the guy next to me is crawling.   :-D

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on September 30, 2009, 09:57:07 AM

As I was finishing there was literally a guy crawling across the finish line - so in my finishing picture I will probably be triumphantly crossing, arms in the air smiling, while the guy next to me is crawling.   :-D

That's a photo that I want to see.

VDB

Quote from: mattstick on September 30, 2009, 09:57:07 AM

You smug bastard.  :wink:
Is this still Wombat?

mattstick

G. Augusto