News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Paug Runners' World

Started by GBL, August 21, 2009, 06:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

21:32, 6:58 pace

2nd in AG
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

August

Nice work!!
You still got it!!!

Ran the Bellmore 4M this AM.
26:53/6:43p
PR!

sls.stormyrider

"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Caravan2001

Congrats to Aug on a mile PR this morning: 5:38.  I don;t know a lot about running, but that seems pretty legit to me!

birdman

Quote from: Caravan2001 on August 06, 2016, 03:08:32 PM
Congrats to Aug on a mile PR this morning: 5:38.  I don;t know a lot about running, but that seems pretty legit to me!
I'm betting he had a tail wind.

Nice work Aug.
Very impressive
Paug FTMFW!

August

Thanks, guys!!!
Actually, a pretty decent headwind!
Nice time trial for next month's Main Street Mile.
Hoping to break 5:30.

14 on tap for tomorrow morning!!!

Caravan2001

Quote from: August on August 06, 2016, 03:55:33 PM
Thanks, guys!!!
Actually, a pretty decent headwind!
Nice time trial for next month's Main Street Mile.
Hoping to break 5:30.

14 on tap for tomorrow morning!!!

Nice dude...I'm planning on getting out for a few hours tomorrow myself.  It's been really hard for me to find time to train in the summer between work and vacation and the kids being around all the time.  Running is nice because even when you do go on vacation, you just throw on your shoes and go.  Not so much with a bike so I have found myself having to go 4-5 days without a single ride.  At least my legs are always fresh!

August

Nice!
I wait all week for my long runs.
Great chunk of time to just clear out your head.

Buffalo Budd

5:38?
Shit Aug, nice going.  :beers:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

August

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on August 06, 2016, 07:04:48 PM
5:38?
Shit Aug, nice going.  :beers:

Thanks!
Also set a 1k PR while I was at it at 3:27 ;)

VDB

Good work on the PRs.

A friend and I have been telling each other we'll do a half marathon. Just need to set up a training program and stick to it. I sure don't run as much as I once did, and my endurance could use some work.
Is this still Wombat?

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: VDB on August 07, 2016, 06:00:24 PM
Good work on the PRs.

A friend and I have been telling each other we'll do a half marathon. Just need to set up a training program and stick to it. I sure don't run as much as I once did, and my endurance could use some work.

I feel like there are so many things I could say to this right now..  :angel:

anyhow, nice work AUG.
I need to get back to the running love I started in Chicago... maybe when this house shit is settled.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

VDB

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on August 08, 2016, 03:35:38 PM
Quote from: VDB on August 07, 2016, 06:00:24 PM
Good work on the PRs.

I feel like there are so many things I could say to this right now..  :angel:

Is this still Wombat?

sls.stormyrider

very strong work Aug,
congrats
:beers:

Igbo

Reaching out to the Paug runners for some advice. Probably a noob running question but.....

About a month ago i was on my normal run/walk of about 5-6 miles. Towards the end of the run I felt pain in my left foot lower arch. Stung to even walk. Went to a local runinng store and they said potentially its plantar fascitis. They recommended buying plantar specific inserts and no running for a couple of weeks. I did all this and the pain did subside.

My question is changing my foot plant when i run... i was a heel to toe runner (more like slamming my flat foot on the surface) previously. I have now tried to focus on being a toe to heel runner to help minimize the pain. IT feels unnatural to me... Should i continue to try to do this or go back to my old style since it's my more natural way to run?