News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Paug Runners' World

Started by GBL, August 21, 2009, 06:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBL

Quote from: ghost_2000 on October 21, 2009, 11:12:20 AM
Gotta hydrate, regardless of the temp. 

Lots of strange marathon happenings recently! 

http://deadspin.com/5386175/marathoners-never-trained-get-it-for-this

I will never get those 20 seconds of my life back, thanks..
If this is love, I'm never going home..

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on October 20, 2009, 01:00:07 PM
I was thinking the cold might have had something to do with it.

They were cases of dehydration, and possibly the cold might have fooled these people into not drinking enough water... or something.

temp was in the 40s - that's actually reasonable for runing 26.
tragic.

Quote from: GBL on October 21, 2009, 03:30:59 PM
Quote from: ghost_2000 on October 21, 2009, 11:12:20 AM
Gotta hydrate, regardless of the temp. 

Lots of strange marathon happenings recently! 

http://deadspin.com/5386175/marathoners-never-trained-get-it-for-this

I will never get those 20 seconds of my life back, thanks..

Maybe something like this gave Rosie Ruiz the idea for her stunt
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

hesthemamba

this thread just inspired me to go for a double hood run., felt great

soundtrack:
10/21/95 Hood (4 years ago today)
7/16/94 Hood ->TOTAL divided sky tease in the middle of trey's solo @ 13:48... if you wanna get teased.

EDIT: they didn't even play divided sky that night, schweet.
He was a naked pa.

ghost_2000

I love that Sugarbush "Hood!"

Found this via Deadspin:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/22/fashion/22FITNESS.html?_r=2&ref=todayspaper

I've already lost one nail and will probably lose my big nail on my right foot here in the near future.  Argh.

Play_It_Leo

I'm trying to get my ass back in running shape. Any of the midwestern runners up for a possible half marathon in the spring? I feel like I really need to set my next goal to get my training more consistent again.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

mattstick

If it was a painless and cheap procedure I would have a couple toenails removed.

sunrisevt

Quote from: Play_It_Leo on October 22, 2009, 12:54:54 PM
I'm trying to get my ass back in running shape. Any of the midwestern runners up for a possible half marathon in the spring? I feel like I really need to set my next goal to get my training more consistent again.

I won't be out there, but I ran the Oshkosh (WI) 1/2 marathon in April of '07--it was a great little local race. Of course, there's probably one closer by you, too.

Welcome back.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

aphineday

Quote from: Play_It_Leo on October 22, 2009, 12:54:54 PM

Depending on where you are thinking, I'd possibly be down. I'm not real fast, but I'll do it with ya!
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

Play_It_Leo

My wife has mentioned doing the local (St. Louis) half in April. I'm thinking that's what I'll shoot for probably, although I wouldn't mind checking out a race a few weeks before or after that one. I'll see if I can do a little researching for April/May and see what I come up with.
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

aphineday

Quote from: Play_It_Leo on October 22, 2009, 11:23:21 PM
My wife has mentioned doing the local (St. Louis) half in April. I'm thinking that's what I'll shoot for probably, although I wouldn't mind checking out a race a few weeks before or after that one. I'll see if I can do a little researching for April/May and see what I come up with.
Sweet, yeah I'd be down to give STL a shot. I'm open to others as well, so let me know what you come up with. I could use a good goal to work towards as well. I'm running a 7 mile off road costume race in Des Moines, IA in November. Looks like crazy fun!

ghost_2000

aphineday

Quote from: ghost_2000 on October 23, 2009, 08:56:58 AM
What's your costume?!

Good question. We have a team, so we were thinking something that works together. Someone thought of getting hospital gowns, etc. and doing the whole "escaped inpatient" idea. I'll post once we have an original or "good" idea ;)

Play_It_Leo

Just knocked out 4 miles this AM. Perfect weather here for running--50s w/ a light breeze, all the fall colors. Wonderful.

ghost_2000

Quote from: Play_It_Leo on October 24, 2009, 03:38:59 PM
Just knocked out 4 miles this AM. Perfect weather here for running--50s w/ a light breeze, all the fall colors. Wonderful.

:beers: