News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Furthur

Started by redrum, August 23, 2009, 05:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ph92

Quote from: kellerb on December 08, 2010, 02:36:52 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on December 08, 2010, 01:57:07 PM
Quote from: phishhead92 on December 08, 2010, 12:51:25 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on December 08, 2010, 08:27:01 AM
Kimock's playing is way more than "derivative of Jerry". He plays with African and Indian stuff Jerry never did. Plenty of people who didn't become aware of Kimock until the later 90's or 00's make that mistake all the time but he's been making his own sound (albeit complementary to Garcia's) since the 70's.

That said...

Rawsome!

And I like Kimock a bunch more than I do fake Jerry. I've seen DSO a bunch of times, and a couple times for their own little festival up near me (Grateful Fest, Nelson's Ledges). They are cool live, but I might even say I'd rather hear Kimock on tape then fake Jerry live.

I just think fake Jerry is emulating too much, he needs to throw in some of his own style of playing. That's what I like about Kimock so much more, sure he has that same kind of tone and playing style, but its that same style with his own twist. And I like it.

Also tell me if this is wrong, but my dead-head physics teacher last year told me he has been playing with a GD cover band since like the 70's.

Your physics teacher has been in a cover band since the 70s?

I wonder if they ever do "Day Job"
No, like Kimock has been in a GD cover band since the 70s.

My physics teacher is like ~35, he only saw the dead in the late 90s, but he turned to phish. The best part is I saw him out of class at Sam's Club and he was wearing a dead shirt. So then we traded HDDs, I got most of his dead, and he got all my phish. And he sold me a phish ticket to blossom.... KICKASS TEACHER AWARD!
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

McGrupp

Kimock's playing is way more than "derivative of Jerry". He plays with African and Indian stuff Jerry never did. Plenty of people who didn't become aware of Kimock until the later 90's or 00's make that mistake all the time but he's been making his own sound (albeit complementary to Garcia's) since the 70's.

That said...

Rawsome!

And I like Kimock a bunch more than I do fake Jerry. I've seen DSO a bunch of times, and a couple times for their own little festival up near me (Grateful Fest, Nelson's Ledges). They are cool live, but I might even say I'd rather hear Kimock on tape then fake Jerry live.

I just think fake Jerry is emulating too much, he needs to throw in some of his own style of playing. That's what I like about Kimock so much more, sure he has that same kind of tone and playing style, but its that same style with his own twist. And I like it.

Also tell me if this is wrong, but my dead-head physics teacher last year told me he has been playing with a GD cover band since like the 70's.

I laughed out loud at that one. Nice work.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

rowjimmy

Quote from: phishhead92 on December 08, 2010, 04:03:24 PM

That said...

Rawsome!

No, like Kimock has been in a GD cover band since the 70s.

My physics teacher is like ~35, he only saw the dead in the late 90s, but he turned to phish. The best part is I saw him out of class at Sam's Club and he was wearing a dead shirt. So then we traded HDDs, I got most of his dead, and he got all my phish. And he sold me a phish ticket to blossom.... KICKASS TEACHER AWARD!

You should try google before you start believing and repeating stupid things that people say.

Undermind

Furthur's Spring Tourdates

QuoteFri, Mar 4th Orpheum Theatre Boston, MA
Sat, Mar 5th Orpheum Theatre Boston, MA
Sun, Mar 6th Orpheum Theatre Boston, MA
Tue, Mar 8th Oakdale Theatre Wallingford, CT
Thu, Mar 10th Best Buy Theater New York, NY
Fri, Mar 11th Best Buy Theater New York, NY
Sat, Mar 12th Best Buy Theater New York, NY
Sun, Mar 13th Best Buy Theater New York, NY
Tue, Mar 15th Best Buy Theater New York, NY
Thu, Mar 17th Patriot Center Fairfax, VA
Fri, Mar 18th Tower Theater Upper Darby, PA
Sat, Mar 19th Tower Theater Upper Darby, PA
Sun, Mar 20th Tower Theater Upper Darby, PA
Tue, Mar 22nd Tower Theater Upper Darby, PA
Wed, Mar 23rd Tower Theater Upper Darby, PA
Fri, Mar 25th Radio City Music Hall New York, NY
Sat, Mar 26th Radio City Music Hall New York, NY
Sun, Mar 27th Radio City Music Hall New York, NY
Tue, Mar 29th Broome County Civic Binghamton, NY
Wed, Mar 30th Petersen Events Center Pittsburgh, PA
Fri, Apr 1st Hampton Coliseum Hampton, VA
Sat, Apr 2nd North Charleston Coliseum Charleston, SC
Sun, Apr 3rd Fox Theatre Atlanta, GA
Tue, Apr 5th UCF Arena Orlando, FL
Wed, Apr 6th Mizner Park Amphitheatre, Boca Raton, FL
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

sophist

Thatfargone is hitting 'em all. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mattstick

Sick Toronto dates - oh, wait.

Superfreakie

Quote from: Undermind on December 11, 2010, 10:09:30 AM

WOW. Well, looking at my work schedule, I can only do the Philly run. I'm in. :rawk:  :syf:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

zimbra

Quote from: Undermind on December 11, 2010, 10:09:30 AM

I'll be at the February shows, then moving to WV the day after.  Looking possible!  :syf:
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

McGrupp

Hoping to hit Hampton > ATL.

Sophist and I are going to rage this run hard.

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Superfreakie

It just hit me how awesome that tour is and that I will be able to knock another venue off my bucket list. The Tower is supposed to have unbelievable sound. I will have a hotie if anyone needs a place to crash in Philly. Yeah, my first shows back!!!!!
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Superfreakie on December 11, 2010, 12:45:48 PM
Yeah, my first shows back!!!!!

Hell yeah dude! I'm excited for ya -- this must mean everything is finally worked out with your situation?

And I'll def be at all 3 Boston shows, maybe more :smoke:
Bring in the dude!

McGrupp

It just hit me how awesome that tour is and that I will be able to knock another venue off my bucket list. The Tower is supposed to have unbelievable sound. I will have a hotie if anyone needs a place to crash in Philly. Yeah, my first shows back!!!!!

I might take you up on that offer. Let's talk.

Superfreakie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 11, 2010, 01:57:43 PM
Yeah, my first shows back!!!!!

Hell yeah dude! I'm excited for ya -- this must mean everything is finally worked out with your situation?

And I'll def be at all 3 Boston shows, maybe more :smoke:

I'm back as of the seventh of January. I really want to do that Boston run and Radio City but I have immense work during the weeks of those shows that will require me to work through their weekends.

sophist

Quote from: McGrupp on December 11, 2010, 02:02:14 PM

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Superfreakie

Quote from: McGrupp on December 11, 2010, 02:02:14 PM

No probs, will have floor space for sure and I'm driving down from Montreal, so if you're along the way or need to be picked up at a bus station or airport, I'm game.