News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Furthur

Started by redrum, August 23, 2009, 05:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGrupp

Quote from: goodabouthood on January 05, 2010, 03:30:50 PM
Poor fake jerry's, they're like santa claus at christmastime, all over the place. I never met a fake jerry before, but if I did, I think I'd pull his beard.

You are on point today, sir. Thanks for the sig.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

guyforget

pull his beard? come on, Aa, we all know you just wanna sit on his lap. 
-AD_

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: guyforget on January 05, 2010, 04:03:17 PM
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

Quote from: Phishy69 on January 05, 2010, 04:04:49 PM
Quote from: guyforget on January 05, 2010, 04:03:17 PM

:lol:

Quote from: McGrupp on January 05, 2010, 03:35:03 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on January 05, 2010, 03:30:50 PM
Poor fake jerry's, they're like santa claus at christmastime, all over the place. I never met a fake jerry before, but if I did, I think I'd pull his beard.

You are on point today, sir. Thanks for the sig.

YW! That's great. Don't think I've ever been sig'd before. Yay for me!  :banana:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

thatfargone

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 05, 2010, 03:11:32 PM

If Fake Jerry had any balls or pranksterism in him
If Bobby we're so far out-of-it
If Jay Lane didn't suck ass

I'd be too psyched for Furthur to consider anything else.

This is exactly how I feel.  But wanted to see for myself.  Thankfully I went to SF on vacation NOT just to see Furthur.

This band is no where near worth the $60 ticket price.  NYE didn't even sell out until the 2nd set and capacity was 7000.  DO NOT BUY TICKETS TO FUTHUR.  You will find cheaper tix on lot or even walk up to the box office when you get there.  But, again...I can't recommend seeing more than 1 show.  There nothing worth seeing multiple nights for. 

Unless of course you love a militant Phil guiding a nearly unconscious Bobby through uninspired and overly rehearsed jams, a guy that sounds like Jerry just strumming the guitar while Phil and Bobby "sing" your favorite Jerry tunes, and the appearance of two drummers...however you only can really tell there is one there since one seems to have no clue. 
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

RabeldyNugs

Wow,I just heard of the recent SBD's and I was so disappointed by the lack of everything an I think I will defiently not hit up any Feb shows like I thought I would see at least 1 but now, not thanks.
The Dead 09 with Warren was much better if you had to compare IMHO.....
I'm dead sober right now, but when I try to read that Gumbo post, I swear to god it feels like I am tripping face.

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/RabeldyNugs

sprobeck

I listened today to the Matrix recording of 09-19-2009 and I really enjoyed it!
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

justjezmund

snaggin stabler tickets this week anyone else hittin the lehigh valley?  im guessin its gunna be barren, you can still get floors and its on a monday.  but ill be there.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

danje

Quote from: JustJezmund on January 10, 2010, 01:10:06 PM
snaggin stabler tickets this week anyone else hittin the lehigh valley?  im guessin its gunna be barren, you can still get floors and its on a monday.  but ill be there.

I'm thinking about it.

thatfargone

Quote from: JustJezmund on January 10, 2010, 01:10:06 PM

Most likely by show time it will fill up.  NYE didn't sell out until 2nd set.
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

mehead

was driving to work today and heard Let It Grow (no idea which show it was from) on Jam On..holy zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..almost fell asleep behind the wheel..NOOOOOOOOO energy at all..just going thru the motions..Bob was either whispering or his voice was just reeeeeeaaaal low in the mix..it EVENTUALLY got to a nice little jam by Fake Jerry..I just don't see the point
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Caravan2001

Quote from: mehead on January 17, 2010, 12:05:56 AM
was driving to work today and heard Let It Grow (no idea which show it was from) on Jam On..holy zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..almost fell asleep behind the wheel..NOOOOOOOOO energy at all..just going thru the motions..Bob was either whispering or his voice was just reeeeeeaaaal low in the mix..it EVENTUALLY got to a nice little jam by Fake Jerry..I just don't see the point

I dunno, they were playing the December Asbury Park show on the GD channel last week, and it was aww-ite....still a glorified cover band, but it sounded decent....as good or better than any of the other post-Jerry incarnations IMO.....still it is a little weird having the TOTAL Jerry style guy on lead git.....at least the PLF lineups were a bit different......but, I think they sounded OK, for that type of thing...

phillyphan

I'll be at the Stabler show. I can walk there in 10 min.... or stumble!

justjezmund

Quote from: phillyphan on January 18, 2010, 06:15:12 AM
I'll be at the Stabler show. I can walk there in 10 min.... or stumble!
word, living in saucon valley ehh
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

phillyphan

Yep, in the great city of Hellertown!