News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Furthur

Started by redrum, August 23, 2009, 05:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPhishman

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 14, 2010, 02:47:29 PM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on November 14, 2010, 02:42:45 PM
Quote from: redrum on November 14, 2010, 02:36:45 PM
doods he just got conductor'd.

doubt he'll be able to function correctly for at least week, never mind coherently typing a review within 36 hrs of the show.

this.

No excuses!!!!

I almost always get my post-show reviews in (coherent or not) the night OF the show!

"People need to know what Whatstheuse? thinks!"
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: JPhishman on November 14, 2010, 03:29:29 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 14, 2010, 02:47:29 PM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on November 14, 2010, 02:42:45 PM
Quote from: redrum on November 14, 2010, 02:36:45 PM
doods he just got conductor'd.

doubt he'll be able to function correctly for at least week, never mind coherently typing a review within 36 hrs of the show.

this.

No excuses!!!!

I almost always get my post-show reviews in (coherent or not) the night OF the show!

"People need to know what Whatstheuse? thinks!"
:wtu: It's true! They're counting on me!  :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

Superfreakie

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 14, 2010, 08:00:39 PM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on November 14, 2010, 02:49:09 PM
i will say this.....BLAM-O!

Looks about right.

Bastions of sobriety................................in a world where day means night, up means down and yes means no.

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

phil

Quote from: Superfreakie on November 14, 2010, 08:37:03 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 14, 2010, 08:00:39 PM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on November 14, 2010, 02:49:09 PM
i will say this.....BLAM-O!

Looks about right.

Bastions of sobriety................................in a world where day means night, up means down and yes means no.

Does anyone else think Ramsay looks like this guy in that picture?:
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

McGrupp

He looks like Conductor Spunion, manning the train to the outer reaches of the galaxy.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

aphineday

Quote from: McGrupp on November 14, 2010, 08:45:08 PM
He looks like Conductor Spunion, manning the train to the outer reaches of the galaxy.
lol, this!
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

ph92

Tonight I went to the Furthur concert in cinci. I didn't roll up with any tickets so we were trying to scalp some, but to no success, we weren't trying to spend over 20 bucks. But then we meet up with our two friends up near the entrance they came from like 2-3 hours away (without a ticket). But there is this couple standing there looking at us and they walk over and ask us if we were together, we said yeah. But they had 2 tickets, they were willing to stub in 2 people. So we let our friends go cause they made the drive, but the couple said we might be able to get some more. But we ended up going back to my friends house, we were there for like 5 minutes then we get a call to come back cause we will get stubbed in for free as well. So we rush back and we get there and run inside and get in there with like 10 min left in the first set. The place was a suite though, it was SO awesome. We got to smoke with all these chill old people :-D. A bunch couldn't smoke though cause of work.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

sophist

Great picture Mirth.  That was during the second set btw.  Yes, I was navigating the outer reaches of space, and two, fuck you Phil  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard . 

Great time in the Windy City.  I love Chicago, and I couldn't of asked for a better time this weekend.  Like I posted before, it was awesome meeting Keller in Indy (Mr. C sorry we missed each other).  The drive from Indy to Chicago was a breeze on Saturday morning.  I got into Chicago around 10:30am.  I decided to drive around for a bit and scope out the downtown sections while I waited for my buddy's flight to get into town.  I cruised down Lake Shore Drive and then cut into the city once I got past all the peers.  I drove by Solider Field as well, which I felt was really fitting.  My buddy's flight was at Midway, so I cruised back over to Midway and picked him up. 

We checked into our hotel, which happened to be about 2 miles from the venue.  I called Mirth, and we set up a meet up at Twin Anchors.  One of my other friends joined us for lunch, but she couldn't make the show.  Mirth, my buddy, and I then headed back towards our hotel where we hit this pub up for more beers, and after that we made moves to hit the lot. 

The lot was bumping by 5:30ish.  It was cold out.  I always liked the sketch factor of Furthur lot, something about controlled anarchy just strikes me right.  The lot here took sketch to a whole new level.  Within 10 minutes of being on lot, I saw two kids (had to both be under 20) get busted for working a tank.  This spunion was also following the cops around yelling, "does anybody have any 6 up gum?  It's the last thing I need for my scavenger hunt."  One of the meat head cops finally snapped, and started yelling back, "why don't you say what you really mean?"  Over and over.  It shut the wook up.  We enjoyed a few beers on lot, procured some goodies.  The lot was full of bunk shit, which is kind of funny and sad.  Funny in that it's so obvious that it is bunk, but sad in that it kind of looks like it's a common practice to fuck people over.  It took me a while to find someone that was legit and had what I wanted.  We tried to find cheap tickets on the lot, but no one was selling tickets for under $50.  Mirth decided to stay in the lot to hang with his friends, while my buddy and I went inside to snag good seats.  I'd say capacity was ~80% for the show.

UIC arena is a bad ass place to see a show, and I loved the set up and vibe of the arena.   As far as the show goes, I loved it.  These guys keep getting better and better to me.  I was kind of thrown off by the slower arrangement of Minglewood (Russo plays the beat very differently), but it's a good opener none the less.  I loved the placement of Mama Tried as well.  Doin that Rag was a good treat, and I will never complain about Dire Wolf.  Overall I thought set one was solid.  It didn't have anything mind blowing, yet it satisfied me. 

My buddy and I found Mirth right as set II started.  So we raged set II with him.  I really, really loved this second set.  I will admit I was a bit thrown off by the Lost Sailer > Saint opener, but it worked.  Mountain Song through the Other One was a blistering run of face melting music.  The highlight being the first jam in Terrapin, and a very soulful Morning Dew where JK had the reins for the whole song.  OMSN is always fun, though again, the change in the beat by Russo makes it odd to hear at times. 

Mirth, my buddy, and I hit the lot for a bit after the show, and then we finally started walking away from the venue in hopes of finding a cab.  After some searching we found one and had the cab driver drop us off at the hotel.  We then decided to go find beer.  F-A-I-L.  We tried three places and got shut down each time.  So Plan B.  We ordered a pizza and had the pizza place deliver us beer (I went on about how awesome this is for several minutes, as my Southern ass has never had this happen before).  Mirth bounced sometime, and eventually I crashed.  I slept til 9ish, then had a quick bite to eat and hit the road.  The drive back wasn't bad, it was just really, really long.  I got in right at 11pm last night, and crashed. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

justjezmund

Great rage story d00d.

furthur is 20 min away tomorrow.  I think I'm going.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

sophist

Here are some pictures. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sophist

sophist

mbw

nice write up sophist!  good times indeed. 

uic was definitely cool, first time back since the  :phish: run in '98

highlights for me in the first set were dire wolf, mama tried, caution and get back.
second set started out pretty slow, but from rider on it was amazing.  when the slow songs deep in set two are morning dew and unbroken chain, there is nothing to complain about.  terrapin > eleven > other one   :crazy:

while i'm not a huge saturday night fan on tape, it is indeed a great way to end a show in person on a saturday night.

i pretty much looked like the above picture all night, as it was impossible to keep a smile off my face and my feet on the ground.  my only regret is not hitting the show friday!

:syf: