News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Your Favorite BUST OUT from Summer Tour 09'

Started by JelloJigglers, August 18, 2009, 10:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blatboom

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 25, 2009, 12:21:11 PM
That Camden Fee was def one of my favorite jams of the summer.

What a way to start off a show... I can remember looking at my friend in aw and saying, "THEY'RE JAMMING FEE MAN, THEY'RE JAMMING FEE!"

gave it a spin on my ride home.  so good.

danje

Quote from: blatboom on August 25, 2009, 06:25:53 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 25, 2009, 12:21:11 PM
That Camden Fee was def one of my favorite jams of the summer.

What a way to start off a show... I can remember looking at my friend in aw and saying, "THEY'RE JAMMING FEE MAN, THEY'RE JAMMING FEE!"

gave it a spin on my ride home.  so good.

I think there is a 7/10/99 Chalkdust tease in the opening lick to the jam.

Gumbo72203

this thread fails because it took 6 pages for someone to mention McGrupp and TMWSIY.

heh. 

and kinda an inverted topic threadjack, i think its funny how Rock and Roll and Drowned both became un-bustdowns/kickouts. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on August 27, 2009, 12:47:36 AM
this thread fails because it took 6 pages for someone to mention McGrupp and TMWSIY.

heh. 

and kinda an inverted topic threadjack, i think its funny how Rock and Roll and Drowned both became un-bustdowns/kickouts.

heh, you make a very good point.

I, for one, was jumping with joy when they played TMWSIY @ alpine.

Also, good point about the R&R and Drowned, but I could NEVER complain about them paying either of those songs too much.  Probably two of my favorite covers they do.
Bring in the dude!

fauxpaxfauxreal

well the mcgrupp was kinda mediocre, and TMWSIY isn't exactly a bustout (i don't consider either of them to be at that level), so it doesn't really surprise me.

The TMWSIY was cool to hear, and getting another McGrupp would have been awesome tho (my first since '96!).

WhatstheUse?

I basically "jumped for joy" @ any song I had not heard live yet....  :banana:
Bring in the dude!

whatapiper

depends on what shows you see, destiny was my first at the gorge, but i havnt seen a tube since 1.0 so to me that would be a "finally!" moment, TMWSIY is cool but not a bust out imo, tela on the other hand...

crosseyed was nice too, usually one a year was the norm then two in back to back runs :-o
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

fauxpaxfauxreal

That's how I was circa '96.

At hampton, I got another Ha Ha Ha (but I loved the song), my first Makisupa, my first Maze, my first Hood, my first NICU and my first Tube and I think I jumped for joy like they were all the greatest bustouts ever.

I seriously thought that Hampton '96 was a show for the ages walking out.

LOLLERZ.

justjezmund

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on August 25, 2009, 06:21:14 PM
I don't know why none of us have mentioned it...

...but I really liked the "Bike" at Burgettstown.

one of the coolest vac solos i have ever seen
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

JelloJigglers

McGrupps wasn't played that well, I was on the floor in st. louis, and it was amazing being there, but the song wasn't the quintessential phish jam cause they probably didn't hit every change correctly, it wasn't perfect but tons of fun.

fauxpaxfauxreal

After re-listening to "Lengthwise" last night, they really need to bring this back into some kinda rotation.

The crowd sing along is awesome.