News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Which band do you enjoy listening to/ seeing more?

Started by Undermind, July 22, 2009, 05:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

Quote from: okelnard on August 19, 2009, 04:40:47 PM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on August 19, 2009, 04:30:12 PM
Quote from: okelnard on August 19, 2009, 10:48:34 AM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on August 19, 2009, 06:24:52 AM
Quote from: okelnard on August 14, 2009, 02:10:34 PM
If you like historical weirdness try Gong.  Now those fellas threw down some early trance-rave type acid rock.  Get the albums Angel's Egg and You.
They have their own mythical storyline featuring the pot-head pixies and zero the hero.   If you like those there are plenty more albums with some nice twisted psychedelic playing and satirical lyrics, great stuff and they had a wonderful sax player too.

I have an advance copy of their forthcoming album 2032. First album with Daevid Allen and Steve Hillage since 1974. Great stuff. Going to catch these guys live in Amsterdam in November  :-D

You lucky bastard!!!  I have seen Daevid once (Last Concert Cafe in Houston '90 or '91)... never seen Steve Hillage live, of course he didn't realyl tour much the last 20 years.  I'll have to check the interweb for the new album... (wouldn't want to ask for a pirated copy after all).  Thanks for that info on the new album...

Track list for 2032:
http://blogger.xs4all.nl/werksman/archive/2009/07/12/497971.aspx

Video for "How To Stay Alive":

It might be worth mentioning that I busy setting up an interview thru email with Steve and Daevid ...

Cool, if you can pm me or somehow post a link to the interview when it is all said and done, I would greatly appreciate it!

And tell them that there are still interested GASers here in the states waiting for a US tour!  :wink:  I'll check out the youtube when I get home, no youtube at work.

Will do. And I'll them ...
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

ned_ryerson

UM for sure. Havn't had as much fun at shows seeing these guys since phish back in the day. (not that i didnt enjoy my show this summer). But yeah , the connect with me and the prog rock. When im not listening to improvisational rock im listening to metal so um it is.
wait..what?