News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Conservative Bible Project: Because the Bible is too "liberal"

Started by guyforget, October 06, 2009, 03:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

nab

Quote from: ytowndan on October 07, 2009, 12:14:00 AM
Quote from: Mistercharlie on October 06, 2009, 09:08:45 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on October 06, 2009, 07:10:17 PM
bibles, lol

Yep. 

My money is on my man Charlie.

Mine too, but that isn't God that is fighting Darwin, its people speaking for God.  God knows all about evolution.  That's why he did it that way.

IMO anyway.

StCarl

Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

sophist

Quote from: Superfreakie on October 06, 2009, 11:10:05 PM
[img]http://www.anus.com/etc/video/jesus_love.gif[/img]

I'm by no means Christian, but that's a little extreme. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Buffalo Budd

A bit much?  That's an understatement.  It's funny because I can't imagine people drawing the same skits for Buddha or Allah, seems a tad ridiculous to me that someone would take the time to create that.  Even if you don't believe he was God, the guy was crucified on a cross, can't see how that warrants this type of cartoon.  Maybe I'm just missing the humor.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

nab

And the Jesus love doll wasn't?  Hard to know where to draw the line here.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: nab on October 07, 2009, 08:36:25 AM
I was pretty much implying that statement for a few of those cartoons.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

guyforget

Quote from: Sophist on October 07, 2009, 08:06:15 AM
Quote from: Superfreakie on October 06, 2009, 11:10:05 PM
[img]http://www.anus.com/etc/video/jesus_love.gif[/img]

I'm by no means Christian, but that's a little extreme. 

Agreed. 

And I dont think you have to be a Christian to realize the absurdity of re-writing the Bible online to more reflect your moral, social, or political views. 
-AD_

Alumni

Cause I got a degree

sophist

Quote from: nab on October 07, 2009, 08:36:25 AM
It was.  I think a fine line exists between being humorous and degradation.  That was degradation. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: guyforget on October 07, 2009, 09:48:19 AM

And I dont think you have to be a Christian to realize the absurdity of re-writing the Bible online to more reflect your moral, social, or political views.
Definitely, although I'm pretty sure that's what religions have been doing for years.  Trying to suit what they believe, picking and choosing parts they want to emphasize.

Alumni

Quote from: Phishy69 on October 07, 2009, 10:09:34 AM
Definitely, although I'm pretty sure that's what religions have been doing for years.  Trying to suit what they believe, picking and choosing parts they want to emphasize.

qft
Cause I got a degree

mbw

rowjimmy

Those images were offensive to my sensibilities and not exactly SFW.

fauxpaxfauxreal

"Conservative" Bible Thumpers (they're anything but Conservative when it comes to Jesus, imo), are the worst offenders of offensive Christian behavior ever, imo.

They are so anti-everything Christ stood for (imo) without even realizing it, that it hurts.