News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Coachella camping advice

Started by AntelopeFreeway, October 24, 2009, 04:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leshphilen

Quote from: caravan2001 on October 25, 2009, 06:23:59 PM
Quote from: Hicks on October 24, 2009, 05:01:39 PM
Spring for a chair, it will be the best $15 you've ever spent.

not even $15....unfortunately, no chairs allowed in the concert area....Saturday is going to be a long day.....a seat would be nice, especially for my pregnant wife....oh well...

You may want to check into the camp creek cozy chairs, they are like a sling chair that sit on the ground. They basically two flat sides like a thermarest pad but have two buckles so you have so she can sit and have some back support. They are a little awkward getting into at first, but her back will appreciate it...

And get some real chairs for the campground.
I read the book, saw the movie, but the show was better than both of them...

Caravan2001

yeah, the crazy creek chairs are better than nothing...

nab

1.  If you don't have the space to bring a pillow, bring a pillow case.  That way you can stuff soft articles, like said towel or clothes, into the pillow case and have a soft spot to rest your head.

2.  There is no substitute for having light in your sleeping area.  Any small flashlight will make you a happy man.

3.  Warm. soft, clothes will help make up for a cheap sleeping bag; especially where you are going to be camping.

4.  If you need to buy a tent, get one with a rain fly that goes down as far to the ground and as far away from the tent structure as possible.  Ones that only cover the top of the tent are almost worthless in sustained downpours.  If you already have a tent that doesn't conform to this, bring along a tarp and tie it down so that it covers your tent in a way that it has minimal contact with the main fabric of the tent as possible.

5.  Bring along more water than you think you need if you have the space for it.

6.  Portable alarm clocks that run on batteries are cheap if you are concerned about time.

7.  Bring enough beer.

mistercharlie

Quote from: nab on October 26, 2009, 01:23:27 AM
1.  If you don't have the space to bring a pillow, bring a pillow case.  That way you can stuff soft articles, like said towel or clothes, into the pillow case and have a soft spot to rest your head.

2.  There is no substitute for having light in your sleeping area.  Any small flashlight will make you a happy man.

3.  Warm. soft, clothes will help make up for a cheap sleeping bag; especially where you are going to be camping.

4.  If you need to buy a tent, get one with a rain fly that goes down as far to the ground and as far away from the tent structure as possible.  Ones that only cover the top of the tent are almost worthless in sustained downpours.  If you already have a tent that doesn't conform to this, bring along a tarp and tie it down so that it covers your tent in a way that it has minimal contact with the main fabric of the tent as possible.

5.  Bring along more water than you think you need if you have the space for it.

6.  Portable alarm clocks that run on batteries are cheap if you are concerned about time.

7.  Bring enough beer.

All of the above are great suggestions!!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

postjack

Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

kellerb

Quote from: postjack on October 26, 2009, 09:51:04 AM
Gold Bond Medicated Powder.

its like having midgets with altoids blow on your nuts

WhatstheUse?

Forget the Gold Bond.

Just bring a bunch of midgets with altoids to blow on your nuts.
Bring in the dude!

postjack

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 26, 2009, 12:16:42 PM
Forget the Gold Bond.

i had to stop doing this once airlines started charging extra baggage fees. :|
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

McGrupp

Quote from: postjack on October 26, 2009, 12:20:47 PM
Forget the Gold Bond.

:lol:
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

WhatstheUse?

Forget the Gold Bond.

Fair enough.  I will admit, the gold Bond is much easier to fly with.
Bring in the dude!

justjezmund

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 26, 2009, 12:23:12 PM
Forget the Gold Bond.

Fair enough.  I will admit, the gold Bond is much easier to fly with.
ya considering the midgets have to be less than 3oz per bottle to get on the plane
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

leshphilen

Have a pooping strategy. If you here the sound of a didjeridu in the early a.m get up ad go while the Port-O-Potty is clean. I spent the whole night at Big Cypress feeling like i needed to let loose on an anaconda.

But by that time it just wasn't going to happen... Candy flipping and needing to poop is not a good feeling...
:-o

mbw

Quote from: viola_jam on October 26, 2009, 09:21:13 PM
Have a pooping strategy. If you here the sound of a didjeridu in the early a.m get up ad go while the Port-O-Potty is clean. I spent the whole night at Big Cypress feeling like i needed to let loose on an anaconda.

But by that time it just wasn't going to happen... Candy flipping and needing to poop is not a good feeling...
:-o

ser

leshphilen

Works great until coffee and Donuts start kicking in...  :|

mbw

i dont think i ate the whole weekend of clifford ball, except beer, which was not uncommon with me then.
found a brand new port-o-john sunday morning and sat on that thing for an hour.

at cypress i used my above strategy and didnt have to go the whole weekend, till we got to a motel on the way home.

<<<health nut