News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/31 - Festival 8 - Indio, CA - Post-Show Discusion and Review

Started by mistercharlie, November 01, 2009, 01:39:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

Quote from: blatboom on November 27, 2009, 04:57:52 PM
Quote from: VA slim on November 27, 2009, 04:49:44 PM
Quote from: blatboom on November 27, 2009, 04:45:10 PM
Quote from: VA slim on November 27, 2009, 04:39:08 PM
ok, major slacker here, but i havent really heard anything from this fall yet, so i'm DLin this right now. sorta pumped for Exlie, always been one of my fav albums.

you won't be disappointed.

cool.
hopefully i'm gonna get back in teh swing of things.
can you tell me where i should start cherry picking from the current tour?
sounded like most people thought Syracuse was the pick of the litter so far... ?

I haven't been listening much myself but I bet aug can steer you right.

Start with one song, the "Torn and Frayed" from the Exile set. I can't stop listening to it.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

VA $l!m

just getting through Exile now, and i have to admit i love how they sound.
i'm a big fan of the album and stones in general, and they are completely doing things justice.
also, Sweet VA has always been a song that carries a special meaning for me, and once i heard Fishman come in with the lead vocal i was so happy... seeing that live woulda killed me. i love Fish, and its synchronistic that he always decides to sing certain songs that i have an emotional connection with. this alone gives me hope for 3.0, ser.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mistercharlie

Quote from: Superfreakie on November 27, 2009, 06:14:16 PM
ok, major slacker here, but i havent really heard anything from this fall yet, so i'm DLin this right now. sorta pumped for Exlie, always been one of my fav albums.

cool.
sounded like most people thought Syracuse was the pick of the litter so far... ?

Start with one song, the "Torn and Frayed" from the Exile set. I can't stop listening to it.

I'm right there with ya. I listen to it 2-3 times a day and sing it allllllll the time!!!

'The Guitar player gets restless.'
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Superfreakie

Quote from: Mistercharlie on November 27, 2009, 06:23:44 PM

cool.

I'm right there with ya. I listen to it 2-3 times a day and sing it allllllll the time!!!

The lyrics/story is a perfect encapsulation of Phish at several points in their history.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Superfreakie on November 27, 2009, 07:20:13 PM

cool.

The lyrics/story is a perfect encapsulation of Phish at several points in their history.

yeah exactly.... I was so glad to see them play it again this fall.  I hope it gets put in some-what regular rotation.
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Quote from: Superfreakie on November 27, 2009, 07:20:13 PM

cool.

The "Johnny's got a cough" verse strangely echoes Trey during the past decade.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

whatapiper

Quote from: VA slim on November 27, 2009, 07:51:48 PM
on first listen this Ghost does not suck.

damn slim, first listen?   where you been these days?

i saw your post about moving back east for phish, i hear ya, i work for a small buisiness and my boss wants the first expansion to be nyc, i told him im way down if so.   my wife would maybe go for it for a couple years.  after 15-20 shows each year she would probably catch on :wink:
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

Poster Nutbag

Still lovin` on this "Let it Loose" from time to time... So well done and full of heart and emotions, it has almost brought me to tears, absolutely awesome!!
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ