News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

11/20 - U.S. Bank Arena - Cincinnati, OH - Live Setlist Thread

Started by Undermind, November 20, 2009, 03:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGrupp

Quote from: Superfreakie on November 20, 2009, 04:31:51 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 20, 2009, 03:57:28 PM
still surprised they haven't played R&R, Drowned or Crosseyed yet this fall yet...(yeah, i know it's only been 4 shows)

those seemed like staples of the summer tour..

R&R and Drowned should be shelved...for good.

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: McGrupp on November 20, 2009, 04:33:48 PM
still surprised they haven't played R&R, Drowned or Crosseyed yet this fall yet...(yeah, i know it's only been 4 shows)

ummmmm...... no?

Both of those songs have produced some of their best jamming this year.

And they are both kick ass songs.
Bring in the dude!

Scent of a Tuna

Drowned is awesome. Love hearing it...

Rock n Roll on the other hand...im bored with it. Heard some real good versions of it - radio city music hall comes to mind, but again, Ive heard it enough that I could go sometime without hearing it. 

mehead

I wouldn't want to see either of these tunes shelved but to me these are both huge jam vehicles and until 3.0 morphs into a jam machine then I'm fine with the wait on these
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

WhatstheUse?

Rock and Roll is my favorite Phish cover.

I hope they never shelve it!
Bring in the dude!

RabeldyNugs

That is a bold statement my friend....you got any reasons you would like 2 cover jam vehicles put away???
I'm dead sober right now, but when I try to read that Gumbo post, I swear to god it feels like I am tripping face.

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/RabeldyNugs

mbw

Superfreakie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 20, 2009, 04:40:50 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on November 20, 2009, 04:33:48 PM

ummmmm...... no?

Both of those songs have produced some of their best jamming this year.

And they are both kick SHIT ass songs.

The Drowned from Darien Lake is an absolute train wreck. Some of the most pitiful and discombobulated jamming of 3.0. If I wanted to highlight Trey and Fishman's serious technical issues and flaws to someone who understands music, then sadly, this is what I would play. Pathetic. I was stunned at how bad this rendition is. Second, those songs are hardly jam vehicles and more so 5 min. song> 15 min. jam, two very separate structures. It is rarely the patient liquid morphing that I enjoy. Third, to those who say, "you would remove two of Phish's jam vehicles" I say YES....and then replace them with two others, possibly ones that are being played but not jammed ie. a certain Gumbo comes to mind...  S&SS.... and if you want a jammed out cover, I'd take an emotional rescue..... ROSES ARE FREE
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Hicks

Drowned from JB and RR and R&R from the Gorge are all the heat. 

It's a fact.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

fauxpaxfauxreal

WhatstheUse?

And the Rock and Rolls from this year have produced some of there better jams as well imo, particularly the gorge version which I think is one of the best Jams of the year
Bring in the dude!

McGrupp

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 20, 2009, 05:46:05 PM
And the Rock and Rolls from this year have produced some of there better jams as well imo, particularly the gorge version which I think is one of the best Jams of the year

I was just on a huge Cypress R&R kick (again). Fuckin love this tune, and it's open-endedness.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

JPhishman

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 20, 2009, 05:46:05 PM
true  :mrgreen:
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

fauxpaxfauxreal