News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

11/25 - Wachovia Center - Philadelphia, PA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mistercharlie, November 25, 2009, 11:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltMe

nothing i see can be taken from me...

PhishPhan

VDB

Text reports from a friend:

"Fantastic cept for the encore" (Guess he's not an OSN fan.)

and

"Tweezer jam is killin it"
Is this still Wombat?

Superfreakie

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on November 26, 2009, 12:55:25 AM

"Fantastic cept for the encore Time Turns Elastic"

and

fixed your friends text. reasons:

1. Oh Sweet Nothing Rules Face...especially pertinent in encore slot. Show is essentially over, sit back and reflect on its beautiful texture and well written lyrics.
2. Nothing blows harder than TTE....ever.....except maybe Farmhouse....but Farmhouse is not 15 minutes long.....thus nothing blows harder than TTE.  :lol: :lol:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Superfreakie on November 26, 2009, 01:01:06 AM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on November 26, 2009, 12:55:25 AM

"Fantastic cept for the encore Time Turns Elastic"

and

fixed your friends text. reasons:

1. Oh Sweet Nothing Rules Face...especially pertinent in encore slot. Show is essentially over, sit back and reflect on its beautiful texture and well written lyrics.
2. Nothing blows harder than TTE....ever.....except maybe Farmhouse....but Farmhouse is not 15 minutes long.....thus nothing blows harder than TTE.  :lol: :lol:

TTE is the worst song ever and I have a story to go with that.

Tonight during the Live Setlist Thread I'm watching the stream, headphones on and Dagny's sitting on the couch next to me watching Man vs. Food. Phish start playing TTE and I go "Ugyuck".
She says "Did you just go 'ugyuck'? Aren't you listening to Phish? I've never heard you go 'ugyuck' at Phish."
"It's Time Turns Elastic," I reply, "the worst song ever, Phish has written some bad songs before but they're usualy only 4-5 minutes long. This turd lasts 20 minutes!"
"Why do they play it if it's so bad?" she asks.
"Beats the shit outta me." was the only answer I could come up with.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

macaronihead

williaa

Well, if they didn't play the show they did yesterday, this show would hold up pretty well on its own.  However, it will always be the neglected little brother after that beast of a show last night.

Birds jam was great, got pretty "out there" for a while but (as has been the case with most of the jams) right as it got real interesting, they went back into it and finished the song.  Thought there could have been just about ANY song played instead of TTE and this show would've stood out that much more.  Don't sleep on it.

YEM, including a lengthy vocal jam, was also a highlight as was the Antelope close to set 1.  Mike was on point as usual.

Its been fun, can't wait this again soon (rest of this tour and NYE are out of the question but hopefully there are some dates before summer tour).

redrum

Quote from: MeltMe on November 26, 2009, 12:43:45 AM
they got halley's.....did messengerbird hit this show??

nope, she didn't.
she's workin thurs & friday.
and then we're hitting albany > portland > msg,
so maybe she'll get the next one?
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

macaronihead

mehead: "this set just confirmed Albany is getting TTE'd"

:banana:

Dolemite

CK5's lights on Time Turns Elastic were incredible

Birds was very interesting. Liked where they were going

rowjimmy

Undermind

BOAF was one of the highlights in Hartford as well.  I think any set that has a YEM and a Tweezer should not be overlooked.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

mehead

so I stand corrected..never mind the fact that they played TTE but the placement? wtf?  I'm sure that was the last thing people were expecting after Tweezer, YEM, Esther..BUZZKILL
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

birdman

Wow, RJ. Another Tweezer, Esther, and TTE for you. Any more lost children running around? :roll:
Paug FTMFW!

shoreline99

Cribbed this from RJ's facebook. Blatboom got TTE'd. Again.  :tte:

[Edit] - lightened up RJ's photo
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.