News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

11/27 - Times Union Center - Albany, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by blatboom, November 27, 2009, 11:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Superfreakie

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on November 28, 2009, 01:12:07 AM
I'm agreeing more and more with marmar............they are SO avoiding the things that could fucking explode shit onto peoples heads with a vengeance and rage out fucking gyrating nyphm-like goddesses of ego-meltage.

We've all beaten this question to death Gumbo but I haven't heard your opinion on the matter. The question is......why are they doing this?
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

whatapiper

Quote from: Superfreakie on November 28, 2009, 02:07:59 AM
I'm agreeing more and more with marmar............they are SO avoiding the things that could fucking explode shit onto peoples heads with a vengeance and rage out fucking gyrating nyphm-like goddesses of ego-meltage.

We've all beaten this question to death Gumbo but I haven't heard your opinion on the matter. The question is......why are they doing this?
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

cactusfan

guyforget

so i had to hear what it sounds like when phish covers tv on the radio into little feat...

fun stuff

theres nothing type 2 blow your mind about it, but hey, we didnt really expect that anyway did we?

golden age isnt poorly played, outro'd w/ fairly typical 3.0 trey

leo leads on your way down, trey finishes w/ a somewhat blistering solo

then i skipped fluffhead to get to piper and tomorrows song, fingers crossed that it would be as weird as i knew it could be...

like all the PH pipers, they get through the lyrics in a swift 3 minutes and the predictable trey led jam ensues, but instead of full bore shred, he's already leaving a lot of open space before we reach the 4 minute mark page steps up, then mike, and by 5 minutes, mike and trey are pretty evenly loud in my headphones.  fish and page take over to lead us into a rhythmic jam where trey finds some room for a mellow bit of noodling. the whole thing kinda fizzles though so page gets heavy on the clav, trey does his high techno bleepy thing, and mike hits the funk effects.  before this gets too boring trey brings us back to normal tones but none the more upbeat, and the space continues to grow, a semi-whale-call brings another slow melodic outro with a real smooth segue (though at this slow pace, any segue should be smooth, heh) into tomorrow's song.  not quite as weird as hoped, but not bad, just... mellow.  i think that at 4:46, tomorrow's song might be a little long for its place in the set, and the proceeding caspian is a floaty way to bring us into hood, though again the mellow theme kinda continues. 

i quickly forwarded to the end of coil to see how that went...  sounds like the guys did leave the stage, but pulled the fakeout by coming back out to ask page "where you been?"

pretty sure last time i was in albany (03) they encored w/ fire, yeah?

-AD_

RabeldyNugs

Quote from: guyforget on November 28, 2009, 03:56:11 AM

Correct, as well as in '00 they encored 9-8 with Fire.

Also, has anyone noticed the last 4 shows (since Syracuse), they have encored with one-song covers?  A nice little tid-bit.....
But they haven't used Loving Cup since '8'.....I wonder if it's gonna be shelved or what. :|
I'm dead sober right now, but when I try to read that Gumbo post, I swear to god it feels like I am tripping face.

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/RabeldyNugs

Gol D. Roger

i love reading reviews by gumbo!
and omg golden age? can't wait to listen to it.
,,Teenage Dreams, So Hard To Beat"

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

macaronihead

Quote from: RabeldyNugs on November 28, 2009, 04:54:39 AM
Quote from: guyforget on November 28, 2009, 03:56:11 AM

Correct, as well as in '00 they encored 9-8 with Fire.

Also, has anyone noticed the last 4 shows (since Syracuse), they have encored with one-song covers?  A nice little tid-bit.....
But they haven't used Loving Cup since '8'.....I wonder if it's gonna be shelved or what. :|

yesterday was Jimi Hendrix's birthday. have a feeling that had something to do with the choice. I must say this version of Fluffhead was definitely my favorite that I have seen. The arrival part was sshhhweeeeeet.

Oh and Suzy Was out of control. There wasn't necessarily anything different about the way it was played but it seemed to have "IT!" I thought the floor was going to cave in.

mehead

really enjoying the On Your Way Down - great bustout...not sure if I care for the placement - early 2rd set?  oh well..nice to see some different material show up
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Marmar

Quote from: Superfreakie on November 28, 2009, 02:07:59 AM

Quite a few of us had this convo last night....

Trey being sober is why. He's either afraid to go there because in his mind getting "out there" might still be linked with his drug abuse....

-OR-

He's forgot HOW to get out there without being high.....

He's got to learn how to get high off the music being sober.......once he does;

LOOK THA FUK OUT

:clap:
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

mehead

let's just hope it's sooner rather than later.....or never  :cry:
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

tweezerfan

i listened to portions of the show while running.

it seems when i listen to trey from the early days of his career his fluidity when playing was smoother, obviously.

but you can tell trey is trying which makes me really happy to obtain his fluidity again, whether he obtained this type of playing earlier in his career from drugs, or just being young and playing more, who knows.

but being at a few summer shows, and cobo/cinni run, you can tell everyone in the band is getting progressively better.

last night's maze you could tell the band is starting to get "IT" again, trey tried to peak various times and had struggles but his willingness to achieve these peaks are what counts, because earlier this summer that "IT" factor was not there.

i am very happy phish is back, and has evolved as a band through various trials and tribulations. they are all happy playing together feeding off each others energy and it will just keep getting better, i am so happy right now!

gah

Quote from: tweezerfan on November 28, 2009, 12:49:55 PM
i listened to portions of the show while running.

it seems when i listen to trey from the early days of his career his fluidity when playing was smoother, obviously.

but you can tell trey is trying which makes me really happy to obtain his fluidity again, whether he obtained this type of playing earlier in his career from drugs, or just being young and playing more, who knows.

but being at a few summer shows, and cobo/cinni run, you can tell everyone in the band is getting progressively better.

last night's maze you could tell the band is starting to get "IT" again, trey tried to peak various times and had struggles but his willingness to achieve these peaks are what counts, because earlier this summer that "IT" factor was not there.

i am very happy phish is back, and has evolved as a band through various trials and tribulations. they are all happy playing together feeding off each others energy and it will just keep getting better, i am so happy right now!

runners high  :roll:

:-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.