News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

11/28 - Times Union Center - Albany, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by whatapiper, November 28, 2009, 11:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumbo72203

show of the year.

7 > ghost was at least half an hour.... without a doubt.  peaked....  3 or 4 times.  pure improv.  Shine jam in ghost, slay'd and face'd.

not joking. 

everything....  peak.  i can't believe that all happened.  You could see their elation as they collectively realized how to turn the faucet knob again.  it was control.  EVERYTHING.  dood, think about the kind of playing it would take to make JULIUS an appropriate SET TWO closer.  fucking right. 

called the YEM encore.  no doubt. 

I'm actually injured.  Twice I fell over the chairs jumping up and down and screaming, probably both during Ghost.  my legs are all cut up from it.  and i'm most certainly not drunk.  so...  don't bother.

i'm almost debating whether I should A) never shower again, so that I can keep the physical manifestation of that hose-age on my physical body forever, or B) grabbing a knife or something and like, scraping the chum off of myself and then sell it on ebay as hard-earned sweat and gunk from the 2nd Albany show.  not sure. yet.

wheres the petition to get the sound man to turn the fuckinG TREBLE FUCKING DOWN??!???
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Gumbo72203

i swore they were gonna take a bow after Ghost......   cuz that place was screaming so hardd for like 2 minutes straight..... 

Phish woke up.  They get it now.  Back to Fall/Dec '99 fellas.......  mmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

its on now.  They're not fucking kidding. 

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

aphineday

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 29, 2009, 12:54:56 AM
:banana: :banana: :banana:

SOOO EXCITED RIGHT NOW!
ME TOO! And I heard the stream ;) It was rockin' tonight (when it was up) via Joephus. SOLID!
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Gumbo72203

you have no idea what you're in for.

this show must be approached while one is seated, packed tightly, and ready to burn. 

honestly, i think i want to retire from Phish now.  Unless they prove they can do this again.........

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

aphineday

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 29, 2009, 12:59:55 AM
let's hope this show is just the beginning of something huge!!
I agree with you man, I think it is. TONIGHT may redefine 3.0. Ser. :beerbang:

Gumbo72203

oh and i counted 9 tapers tonight....i was right behind them so you'll hear me all over i'm sure.  can't talk anymore now.... but... 

show of the year.  without a doubt.  even Let Me Lie is USELESS against this show.  Perfect.  everything was perfect.  They figured it out again.  Pending re-listen, these top Camden Sand/Tweezer........   

man, i don't want to be a downer, but I seriously feel horrible about those who didn't get to be there.  i know how much Phish means to all of you, and like....  man, fucking christ.  I hate that all of us weren't able to be there and witness....  that.  like, its actually depressing me lol. 

This will be talked about.  For a while.........

Gumbo72203

Listen for the Shine jam, and the TWO legit 2001 teases....  Mike wanted it, so badly.  they fooled us all, twice.  But Trey's all like "know what, shut the fuck up and drink this hose damnit"     

UGH HURRY UP LIVEPHISH

Superfreakie

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on November 29, 2009, 12:58:37 AM
you have no idea what you're in for.

this show must be approached while one is seated, packed tightly, and ready to burn. 

honestly, i think i want to retire from Phish now.  Unless they prove they can do this again.........

They used to do this on a nightly basis. I only hope/pray/beg we are that much closer now to this being a regular occurrence again.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

aphineday

aphineday

aphineday

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.