News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

11/28 - Times Union Center - Albany, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by whatapiper, November 28, 2009, 11:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

re-listned to &BLo and Ghost.
opinions might have changed on second listen.
not sure which i prefer at this point, though i was much more nit picky on revisiting, and flaws aside the jam of seven Below  seemed more... coherent? i dunno.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Buffalo Budd

Just getting thru the 1st set of this show today and the Foam - Ouch  :frustrated:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: Undermind on December 01, 2009, 12:18:51 PM
Here's a pretty sweet review by my friend Jeremy.  A good read I must say!

http://www.jeremydgoodwin.com/phish-in-albany.html

Did Jeremy used to live in the triangle/Chapel Hill area of NC?  If so, there's a good chance I hooked him up with tapes of 10/26/96 in trade for his tapes of 10/31/96 and also that we went to see "Jazz Mandolin Project" together at the Chi Omega house that winter.

If not, I feel like an idiot.

On the subject, after another listen, this show has quickly become and immediate top show of 2009, tying Camden and Hartford for "first" place.  Second place has been ceded to Cincy I.  This show is the non stop h33t from the beginning of the second set on.  Not only does it have two of the best and most exploratorily raw jams, but it also features my favorite 3.0 Wolfman's (except no "Shirley Temple"ing ala Brahgetsdown), my favorite 3.0 Julius (holy 94-96 style Julius, Batman!) and my favorite 3.0 YEM.  This is totally a special show, and the Cool It Down "bustout" totally attests to it.  I would feel much shame if I had an opportunity to go to this show, and I pussed out.

redrum

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on December 01, 2009, 03:57:26 PM
On the subject, after another listen, this show has quickly become and immediate top show of 2009, tying Camden and Hartford for "first" place.  Second place has been ceded to Cincy I.  This show is the non stop h33t from the beginning of the second set on.  Not only does it have two of the best and most exploratorily raw jams, but it also features my favorite 3.0 Wolfman's (except no "Shirley Temple"ing ala Brahgetsdown), my favorite 3.0 Julius (holy 94-96 style Julius, Batman!) and my favorite 3.0 YEM.  This is totally a special show, and the Cool It Down "bustout" totally attests to it.  I would feel much shame if I had an opportunity to go to this show, and I pussed out.

if you're trying to subliminally congratulate me for going, then i accept & agree.

:rockout:
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: redrum on December 01, 2009, 04:07:44 PM

if you're trying to subliminally congratulate me for going, then i accept & agree.

Fuck yes.  I'm glad you got such a rawkus show.   :beers:

redrum

thanks brah.
& thanks for pushing me to go from the start..

:beers:

it raged.
those midwesterners were looking to throw down.

---

Superfreakie

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on December 01, 2009, 04:08:51 PM
Quote from: redrum on December 01, 2009, 04:07:44 PM

Fuck yes.  I'm glad you got such a rawkus show.   :beers:

Think about it. When has Albany not delivered the goods? NEVER. Anyone who had the means and could of gone yet opted not to, is a fool.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

sunrisevt

Quote from: redrum on December 01, 2009, 04:11:23 PM
thanks brah.
& thanks for pushing me to go from the start..

:beers:

it raged.
those midwesterners were looking to throw down.

Sorry I missed you, rr, but it was a tip-ripper of a show, as you know.  :beers:
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mistercharlie

Quote from: JPhishman on November 30, 2009, 08:54:29 PM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on November 30, 2009, 08:49:50 PM
Stealing time was written long ago, remember.
:? I did not know that

interesting

Yep, it was written by Trey and Tom back in '03. Check your Companions for the Studio CD Men From Nantucket.

On a related note, this Melt is very off, but Page seems on the whole time!!!!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

fauxpaxfauxreal

I actually think the Melt is interesting.  They failed on the execution, but they are totally tweaking Melt in a neat way.  I look forward to future versions.

redrum

Quote from: Superfreakie on December 01, 2009, 05:44:42 PM
Think about it. When has Albany not delivered the goods? NEVER. Anyone who had the means and could of gone yet opted not to, is a fool.

you're right.
but we were talking about cincy.  :-D

and sunrise, there's always next time...

---

burmesepython

Quote from: Undermind on December 01, 2009, 12:18:51 PM
Here's a pretty sweet review by my friend Jeremy.  A good read I must say!

http://www.jeremydgoodwin.com/phish-in-albany.html

Did Jeremy used to live in the triangle/Chapel Hill area of NC?  If so, there's a good chance I hooked him up with tapes of 10/26/96 in trade for his tapes of 10/31/96 and also that we went to see "Jazz Mandolin Project" together at the Chi Omega house that winter.

If not, I feel like an idiot.

no Gorge love? both those shows crushed  :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:
Gin, Sally, R&R were  :crazy:

fauxpaxfauxreal

It's good, but I got sick of it pretty quickly.  I'd say those shows are in the top fifty percent, but I have odd taste in a lot of shows...I like Asheville and Burgettstown more than I like the Gorge shows.

McGrupp

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on December 01, 2009, 08:01:00 PM
It's good, but I got sick of it pretty quickly.  I'd say those shows are in the top fifty percent, but I have odd taste in a lot of shows...I like Asheville and Burgettstown more than I like the Gorge shows.

I question your burgettstown love. Like I said i'm not a big fan of that YEM. Def a good show, but I thought the Tube was by a longshot the best jam of the night. I've heard you reference the Wolfman's a few times as well and could never get into it. 6/7 wolfmans pwns 6/18 in a huge way!

my opinion, of course.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?