News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Possible Festival Locations

Started by Undermind, December 08, 2009, 09:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mattstick

Quote from: Phishy69 on December 09, 2009, 08:28:58 AM
My vote goes to Limestone as I will definitely be there if it goes down.

As for Indio, I think it's great that so many of you had such a great experience there but does it seem likely that the band will go back seeing as attendance was about half of what it would be on the East coast.  I don't like to think of Phish as a band all about the mighty $ but I would think they'd rather have 70,000 tickets sold as opposed to 35,000.

I'm pretty sure we'll see both in 2010.

rowjimmy

I've never sat in traffic that was any more than an inconvenience @ limestone... Sure, a little bit but never a lot... Nothing like Big Cypress.

Indo's lack of traffic was surely due to having FAR fewer attendees.

That's all I can say about Indio, though. Sure looked beautiful on the interwebs.

Undermind

The longest I ever had to wait in traffic at Limestone was 2 hours for the Great Went.  Also I think Loring can withstand quite a bit of rain as a lot of the land is pavement.  It rained a lot on the Friday night of the Went and that wasn't too big of an issue.  Plus we were able to leave the site and go to a laundry mat to dry our stuff on Saturday morning.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

sunrisevt

Getting in to IT was a headache for my crew, and for several thousands, I'm sure. I believe part of the issue was the week of rainy weather that preceded the festival--much of the usually hard & dry grassy area b/w runways was swampy, so parking was taking a lot longer than usual. From the time we hit the back of traffic until we set up camp was about 8 hours, I think.

Worth it.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mattstick

@ IT we made it into line around 10pm and didn't get inside and camped until daybreak.

susep

getting inside to IT was a major pain in the ass, if they play Loring again I'll leave 2 days early to get in line.

Indio did look amazing, beautiful really.  Hawaii seems very un-realistic from a logistical standpoint and yes cactus Hendrix did play there below a volcano but it was for a very small crowd, maybe less then 2k for the movie Rainbow Bridge.

When I do my recycling the local xsfer station is next to our local airport and I always look over and think how cool it would be if Phish played there. :lol:

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Undermind on December 09, 2009, 08:42:57 AM
The longest I ever had to wait in traffic at Limestone was 2 hours for the Great Went.  Also I think Loring can withstand quite a bit of rain as a lot of the land is pavement.  It rained a lot on the Friday night of the Went and that wasn't too big of an issue.  Plus we were able to leave the site and go to a laundry mat to dry our stuff on Saturday morning.
i wonder if we met up there.  I remember having a great time chatting it up with a bunch of folks at the laundromat the next day.  What a lifesaver that was.

Quote from: mattstick on December 09, 2009, 08:30:38 AM

I'm pretty sure we'll see both in 2010.
That would be pretty kickass.  I'd love to make it to Indio as it looks like the perfect place to host a fest.  I just wish it wasn't that far of a hike.  Plane ticket definitely drives up the cost of a Phish trip.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sophist

I heard they've booked a sick ass crater on the moon for next summer. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mistercharlie

Quote from: Mr Minor on December 09, 2009, 07:09:26 AM
I say do it in Michigan as there has been no mid-west Festivals.  Use the site for Rothbury and rock it out.

And it's only an hour from my house.  Breakfast at mr minors the day before.  You can all camp in my yard and woods the night before!

I support this idea!!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Bobafett

Quote from: Sophist on December 09, 2009, 09:22:41 AM
I heard they've booked a sick ass crater on the moon for next summer.
< in.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

thatfargone

I've been to Limestone and while it is great being that far removed from anything and it would be a homecoming of sorts for us that have been there, Indio sounds way too nice and convenient.  Plus there are resorts for those that don't/can't camp. Sorry, I lost my car @ the Went and pretty much slept on the air strip the 1st night...plush polo field wins hands down.
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

mehead

mr. minor's or the moon

hmmmmmmm....decisions, decisions

Mr Minor

Quote from: mehead on December 09, 2009, 10:13:00 AM
mr. minor's or the moon

hmmmmmmm....decisions, decisions

:lol:

I have oxygen at my place...

mehead

but won't nitrous do the same thing for us since we'll be in space?

:wink: