News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

best Phantom Menace review of all time

Started by cactusfan, December 18, 2009, 04:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: khalpin on October 31, 2012, 03:31:59 PM
Clone Wars is halfway through Season 5 right now. 

The only other Irvin Kershner movie I've seen is Never Say Never Again, which is a must see if you're a Bond fan (obviously).
dam, really?
i was thinkin it should be out now, but i havent been able to find the time slot... which is weird considering my tv is on 24/7...
is it on cartoon net/fri nite like it used to be?

i actually caught some old EPs on CW the other night. omg that network is so much fail. for some reason theyre HD channel didnt even have it widescreen and it looked like it was SD. totally killed the experience, lol.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

khalpin

Quote from: VA $l!m on October 31, 2012, 05:24:48 PM

The only other Irvin Kershner movie I've seen is Never Say Never Again, which is a must see if you're a Bond fan (obviously).
dam, really?
i was thinkin it should be out now, but i havent been able to find the time slot... which is weird considering my tv is on 24/7...

i actually caught some old EPs on CW the other night. omg that network is so much fail. for some reason theyre HD channel didnt even have it widescreen and it looked like it was SD. totally killed the experience, lol.
They snuck it in on Saturday mornings.

VA $l!m

Quote from: khalpin on October 31, 2012, 09:13:22 PM

dam, really?

wow, LAME!!  :evil:

heh, i saw it was on SAT listing, but MORNING?!? guess i could start scheduling my week around it... though it might mess up my sleep schedule for Walking Dead on Sun night... hmmm, lol.
  :crazy:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

twatts

Quote from: VA $l!m on October 31, 2012, 10:30:11 PM
Quote from: khalpin on October 31, 2012, 09:13:22 PM

dam, really?

wow, LAME!!  :evil:

heh, i saw it was on SAT listing, but MORNING?!? guess i could start scheduling my week around it... though it might mess up my sleep schedule for Walking Dead on Sun night... hmmm, lol.
  :crazy:

DVR...  My sat mornings are already scheduled out for Cody and Cassady...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

justjezmund

well here's hamills thoughts

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/10/31/mark-hamill-star-wars-episode-vii-disney/

QuoteENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What did you make of the big news yesterday?
MARK HAMILL: Oh my gosh, what a shock that was! I had no idea that George was going to sell to Disney until I read it online like everybody else. He did tell us last summer about wanting to go on and do [Episodes] VII, VIII, and IX, and that [newly appointed Lucasfilm president] Kathleen Kennedy would be doing them. He seems to be in a really good place. He's really happy. And that's nice because I know that when we were making the movies, he was not a jolly guy on set. [Laughs] I always felt badly for him because he agonizes over details, and I'm sure after imagining it in his head for so many years, to see it realized — he'd look up and just hang his head and groan. Harrison [Ford], Carrie [Fisher], and I were always trying to cheer him up and joke him out of his doom and gloom. I missed his call yesterday, but I spoke to him maybe three weeks ago. But until we know more, it's hard to make any comment other than congratulations to George.

So you met with George this past summer and he told you about his plans to make another trilogy?
Yeah, last August, he asked Carrie and I to have lunch with him and we did. I thought he was going to talk about either his retirement or the Star Wars TV series that I've heard about — which I don't think we were going to be involved in anyway, because that takes place between the prequels and the ones we were in and, if Luke were in them, he'd be anywhere from a toddler to a teenager so they'd get an age-appropriate actor — or the 3-D releases. So when he said, "We decided we're going to do Episodes VII, VIII, and IX," I was just gobsmacked. "What? Are you nuts?!" [Laughs] I can see both sides of it. Because in a way, there was a beginning, a middle, and an end and we all lived happily ever after and that's the way it should be — and it's great that people have fond memories, if they do have fond memories. But on the other hand, there's this ravenous desire on the part of the true believers to have more and more and more material. It's one of those things: people either just don't care for it or are passionate about it. I guess that defines what cult movies are all about. We'll see. I'm anxious to know what's going on, but the main story [yesterday] was the sale to Disney. I have mixed feelings about that, but they haven't done badly by Marvel and the Muppets and Pixar. It's one of those big decisions that at first seems unusual but then the more you look at it, the more it makes sense.

When you had lunch with George, did he get into any details with you about where the story would go in the next three films, or whether you would have a part in them?
Well, no, he was just talking about writers and the fact that he wouldn't be directing. I guess he wanted us to know before everybody else knew. He said, "Now you can't tell anybody!" [Laughs] Even now I'm nervous about saying anything. I just don't know!
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

rowjimmy

Did you guys see that Lawrence Kasdan has signed on to pen ep 8?

Shit just got real, dudes.

barnesy305

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 21, 2012, 03:44:41 PM

Sweet! If only Irvin Kershner was still alive.

blatboom

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

khalpin

kellerb

rowjimmy

Quote from: barnesy305 on November 21, 2012, 03:57:11 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 21, 2012, 03:44:41 PM

Sweet! If only Irvin Kershner was still alive.

Hey, if Tupac could perform at Coachella...

blatboom

seriously though was that a typo or are they really lining up writers 2 movies out?

ytowndan

Quote from: blatboom on November 21, 2012, 10:07:24 PM
seriously though was that a typo or are they really lining up writers 2 movies out?

Not a typo.  The article I read said he would be doing either VIII or IX.  So, to one degree or another, they're starting to plan all three. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

blatboom

interesting... as long as Lucas stays far far away I'll remain cautiously optimistic