News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/30 - AA Arena - Miami, FL - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, December 30, 2009, 11:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

burmesepython

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 14, 2010, 08:00:57 AM
Truly great shows stand up to that measure on tape.

For sure... there are countlessssssssss shows that I wasn't at that I listen to all the time. I just wanted to weigh in on the energy side since I felt it was under represented in this thread.

VA $l!m

finally got around to listening to some of this show.
pretty impressive first set, very organic/ flowing set list.
some of the best sounding, relaxed TREY i've heard all year...in fact i'll go out on a limb and say it's the best Trey i've heard in '09.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

...update on 1st set:

Did i actually just hear Trey nail the BOWIE composed section?
is that even possible?
i don't think i've heard him not slop that in over 10 years.
+K Trey!
mind=blown.

VA $l!m

OK, Trifecta here:

WTF is going on in theis BOWIE? this actually sounds like Phish!
this is IT. this is what i've been looking for all year. its 3.0, yet it's perfect. short and sweet, but not Lame.
TRey is actually letting go and playing with the band, and even coming up with some very interesting ideas in the jam.
what is going on?
did he catch a contact buzz or something?
i'm speechless.

overall, def. one of my fav sets of the year.
ROck and roll!  :clap:

fauxpaxfauxreal

burmesepython

Quote from: VA slim on January 14, 2010, 07:20:33 PM
OK, Trifecta here:

WTF is going on in theis BOWIE? this actually sounds like Phish!
this is IT. this is what i've been looking for all year. its 3.0, yet it's perfect. short and sweet, but not Lame.
TRey is actually letting go and playing with the band, and even coming up with some very interesting ideas in the jam.
what is going on?
did he catch a contact buzz or something?
i'm speechless.

overall, def. one of my fav sets of the year.
ROck and roll!  :clap:

they technically NAIL... and feel wise kill the Bowie... so many this year were sloppy with a almost "lets rage it and save it" feel and this is tits from start to finish... not ultra spacey... but awesome.

VA $l!m

well, i ended up listeing to the entire second set last night. i couldnt put this one down.
WOW.
WOW.
WOW.
this show= Woweewowow.

where the FUck did this show come from?

i know i've only skimmed the fall tour, but i heard most of fest 8, albany, MSG, etc...
despite there being some good/ really fun stuff throughout the fall, it didnt change any of my feelings about where the band was at for 3.0.

unless i missed something serious, this show is out of left field for me. TRey... did you fall off the wagon? seriously? or have you just gotten used to the wagon?
seriously... i don't get it, but i dig it.

this show hands down is quintuply better than anythign else from this year. on sooo many different levels.
1. TRey, trey, trey--- its good to have you back buddy!
----his playing in this show just doenst make sense to me... its that much of a change from the rest of the year...i cant really make sense of how tight and energized he is...guess i wont look the gift horse in the mouth, but maybe after i hear the rest of the run i'll be able to put it more in perspective.wow, trey, ser. wow, thank god you still have it....now jsut get rid of that awful tone and i'll stop ignoring your calls and texts.
2. the whole flow of the show is ON. not one hiccup. they even perfectly placed Velvet cheese-- i even listened to it! :-o
3. there is progression here. its 3.0, but its good. ::massively confused here::
4. this show finally allows me to say what i've been wanting to say all year: that i finally heard a show that i would trade having seen for one of my attended 1.0 shows.
finally!--wheew!! i was starting to think it wouldnt happen. PRAISE the LORD!

so, this show is the TITS, all the way through. have to admit i skipped JIm... OK, there it is, i skipped JIm, but i didnt skip VElvet sea,,, or chalkdust i dont think... thats big for me.  :wtu:

set one...raocked. just unreal song selection. GONE was the low point for me... personal song preference though. TELA was very nice... not sure how someone said it was one of the best versions ever-- not really a song i would compare versions of personally, but hey it was great, and definitely made it obvious TRey was ON (something) and would have the Mojo this nite. JJLC and STFTFP both were FIRE--re:perfection. and as i stated BOWIe was the point that made me sit up and start processing WTF was going on in this show.

now set 2... honestly i didnt think it was possible to follow up the perfection that was set 1, but man o man,,, SAND!! RIGHT into the perfect FLow song selection and arrangement. i dont think there could have been a better setlsit... its almost hard to believe they wrote it all out, that somehow they didnt just feel this one out as it went, deciding what should be played next.  BTW-- this sand was Kick ass in my book. i cant wait to hear it again. esp after having to endure a year's worth of camden Sand praise. :wink: CUrtain with, good version, solid--again a great follow up to the opener. then GBOTT--jeebuss!!?!? fuck the ALBANY jamz!--this is actually a jam--100% hose people, no BS. jam of the year???? how can thei set keep rolling? i dont believe its possible... but HOLY moses mothe mary of goawd--- BOOGIE_LOPE?!?!?!? WTFTFTFTF?!??! did i actualyl just hear this? shades of 4-3-98 carini=lope?!?!!!!!!!! ::insert GUmbo sounds here::

ok, i'm done, surrender. FIni.

thank you goawd fo rwhatever miracle bestowd this shiznit upon us. i shall furthermore not doubt you as i have these last months.

GO PHISH 2010!!!!  :banana: :rawk: :phish:

VA $l!m

oh, BTW, could someone Please refer me to a good audience torrent that might still be active. thx.

on to the 31st. can't wait to see what happens.

-slim.

burmesepython

Quote from: VA slim on January 15, 2010, 10:10:55 AM
well, i ended up listeing to the entire second set last night. i couldnt put this one down.
WOW.
WOW.
WOW.
this show= Woweewowow.

where the FUck did this show come from?

i know i've only skimmed the fall tour, but i heard most of fest 8, albany, MSG, etc...
despite there being some good/ really fun stuff throughout the fall, it didnt change any of my feelings about where the band was at for 3.0.

unless i missed something serious, this show is out of left field for me. TRey... did you fall off the wagon? seriously? or have you just gotten used to the wagon?
seriously... i don't get it, but i dig it.

this show hands down is quintuply better than anythign else from this year. on sooo many different levels.
1. TRey, trey, trey--- its good to have you back buddy!
----his playing in this show just doenst make sense to me... its that much of a change from the rest of the year...i cant really make sense of how tight and energized he is...guess i wont look the gift horse in the mouth, but maybe after i hear the rest of the run i'll be able to put it more in perspective.wow, trey, ser. wow, thank god you still have it....now jsut get rid of that awful tone and i'll stop ignoring your calls and texts.
2. the whole flow of the show is ON. not one hiccup. they even perfectly placed Velvet cheese-- i even listened to it! :-o
3. there is progression here. its 3.0, but its good. ::massively confused here::
4. this show finally allows me to say what i've been wanting to say all year: that i finally heard a show that i would trade having seen for one of my attended 1.0 shows.
finally!--wheew!! i was starting to think it wouldnt happen. PRAISE the LORD!

so, this show is the TITS, all the way through. have to admit i skipped JIm... OK, there it is, i skipped JIm, but i didnt skip VElvet sea,,, or chalkdust i dont think... thats big for me.  :wtu:

set one...raocked. just unreal song selection. GONE was the low point for me... personal song preference though. TELA was very nice... not sure how someone said it was one of the best versions ever-- not really a song i would compare versions of personally, but hey it was great, and definitely made it obvious TRey was ON (something) and would have the Mojo this nite. JJLC and STFTFP both were FIRE--re:perfection. and as i stated BOWIe was the point that made me sit up and start processing WTF was going on in this show.

now set 2... honestly i didnt think it was possible to follow up the perfection that was set 1, but man o man,,, SAND!! RIGHT into the perfect FLow song selection and arrangement. i dont think there could have been a better setlsit... its almost hard to believe they wrote it all out, that somehow they didnt just feel this one out as it went, deciding what should be played next.  BTW-- this sand was Kick ass in my book. i cant wait to hear it again. esp after having to endure a year's worth of camden Sand praise. :wink: CUrtain with, good version, solid--again a great follow up to the opener. then GBOTT--jeebuss!!?!? fuck the ALBANY jamz!--this is actually a jam--100% hose people, no BS. jam of the year???? how can thei set keep rolling? i dont believe its possible... but HOLY moses mothe mary of goawd--- BOOGIE_LOPE?!?!?!? WTFTFTFTF?!??! did i actualyl just hear this? shades of 4-3-98 carini=lope?!?!!!!!!!! ::insert GUmbo sounds here::

ok, i'm done, surrender. FIni.

thank you goawd fo rwhatever miracle bestowd this shiznit upon us. i shall furthermore not doubt you as i have these last months.

GO PHISH 2010!!!!  :banana: :rawk: :phish:

Yup... hence why it eclipsed everything else I saw this year and sits at the top of the heap for me... Gorge was the shit, 10/31 was this shit, the rest of Miami was the shit... but this was FN TITS MCGEE  :crazy:

Declan

:-D

good to hear your thoughs slim...

This show rocked my socks
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

G. Augusto

Declan

slim make sure to check this vid out

back on the train jam front row high def

but it doesnt have the last part
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

VA $l!m

G. Augusto

Quote from: VA slim on January 15, 2010, 06:15:36 PM
Quote from: G. Augusto on January 15, 2010, 05:38:47 PM
Can't wait for your 2003 run thoughts... 8-)

any good Audience source Rec.s bro?

Actually, one of the very few later shows that I only have 1 source for.
The Neumann Lazor pull...