News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish 4.0

Started by VA $l!m, January 22, 2010, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casey Lenahan

i feel ya slim  :crazy:
I owe Aug $20

jedifunk

jerry's dead, phish sucks, get a job
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

Quote from: Marmar on January 23, 2010, 10:16:55 AM
lmao @ 4.0

MAYBE 3.01.....MAYBE

thanks for sharing.

Quote from: mattstick on January 23, 2010, 06:53:09 AM
There isn't anything happening in the Miami shows (bust outs aside) that didn't happen in the Fall Tour.

I still feel that Red Rocks & The Gorge were the most creative shows of the year, and the big "Rock Peak" jams in Miami are all very reminiscent of Fall Tour.

unfortunately neither of our opinions is fact, even though you word yours as such.

&  i respectfully wholeheartedly disagree.  in fact the bustouts are the absolute last thign i consider to be important to this run. for me its the entire package.  it just sounds correct to my ears, or normal, whereas the rest of the year always seemed as if somethign wasnt quite right. clear cut BLack and white imo., but to each his own.
i'm just glad i dont have to go on dreading the future of wishing i could like phish again. wheew!

i guess its just like the DOnna discussion hate from the other thread. i'm not going to lose sleep because other people lose enjoyment of the GDead with donna, whereas i couldnt be happier with everythign she does. i'm not here to change anyones mind, i just wanted to share how happy i am...well i was happier before people decided to laugh at me and get all defensive, but hey i guess if that makes them feel better about themselves than i shouldnt give a shit. w00t!

well, here's to hopefully getting to experience what i consider to finally be the real deal in 2010 with Some of ya'll.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

redrum

stay happy slim.
it's nice to hear that phish is doing that for you again.
with so much talk about what they're not doing, and how it's not good yet, it's good to hear when people are really feeling it again.

that's what they're there for.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

mattstick

Quote from: VA slim on January 23, 2010, 04:11:26 PM
unfortunately neither of our opinions is fact, even though you word yours as such.

Should I have added an IMO?  I should always preface notions that are clearly opinions with some sort of disclaimer?

My opinion is that you're in a place where you're choosing to enjoy the Miami shows, because musically there isn't anything that is really "next level" on the heels of the summer and fall.  Certainly nothing worthy of calling it 4.0.

i'm not here to change anyones mind, i just wanted to share how happy i am...well i was happier before people decided to laugh at me and get all defensive, but hey i guess if that makes them feel better about themselves than i shouldnt give a shit. w00t!

You started a thread, which kind of makes it up for discussion.  I also don't really see anybody laughing at you or getting defensive - we're just doing what we do, talking about Phish.

mbw

i'm not here to change anyones mind, i just wanted to share how happy i am...well i was happier before people decided to laugh at me and get all defensive, but hey i guess if that makes them feel better about themselves than i shouldnt give a shit. w00t!

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on January 15, 2010, 07:04:31 PM
i would like to nominate this for most paranoia fueled post of 2010.

VA $l!m

The funniest part of this entire thread is that the people that are disagreeing with my POV (-which is of course is fine with me) are actually taking me seriously at labeling something as PHISH 4.0.
wow, i mean, i just posted my stream of conscious of how i felt about the where phish was at, and all of a sudden i'm being cornered into defending a simple label that i made as a complete joke.
HOly serious Phishheads batman!

i agree matt, that by posting a topic that it is meant to be open for discussion, and NO i dont expect you to preface everything with an "IMO", but IMO i did feel that your initial reply was basically worded in a manner meant to undermine my general excitement, and degrade my opinion. But  maybe i'm just reading into it the wrong way, and I Have ZERO beef with you matt seriously, i apologize if i quipped in your direction.

I  do think its just a little unfortunate that many folks-- not YOu MATT-- on the Paug these days, not just in this thread, take such an offensive tone when trying to oppose someone's posts, that might just be general excitement, off hand comments, or a laid back perspective of just chatting.
ITs not always about someone having the answers or knowing more than someone else or their 'grade' of "C+" is sooooooo fucking relevant.
what ever happened to just shooting the shit about something that we both enjoy.
I know a few folks remember when i jumped in a few of the setlists threads this year and people were outright RUde when i would just attempt to chat about the show, because they were SO involved and SO on top of what was going on, and they were actually just completely Whoring the thread at the time.......

and while i'm ranting, i might as well address the other thing that matt brought up thzt noone is "laughing" at me, yet in the post right b4 this MBwrker thinks its obviously funny to label me as paranoid. personally i dont find that funny, but no skin off my back, whatever floats your boat...

anyway, hope that clears thigns up. :-D
BTW., these shows are still the best shows of 09, and i'm super stoked that i could free up some serious GB by deleting all the other crap from the rest of the year. so,  :wtu:

Hicks

When were you replaced by a cylon?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VA $l!m

Quote from: Hicks on January 23, 2010, 08:25:02 PM
When were you replaced by a cylon?

right before io locked this thread in the near future.

BTW., i watched some of that Caprica show last night.... talk about weird.

mbw

Quote from: VA slim on January 23, 2010, 08:23:05 PM
and while i'm ranting, i might as well address the other thing that matt brought up thzt noone is "laughing" at me, yet in the post right b4 this MBwrker thinks its obviously funny to label me as paranoid. personally i dont find that funny, but no skin off my back, whatever floats your boat...

just f'in around man.  i dont think anyone is laughing at you.  i was was just trying to laugh with you.

VA $l!m

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on January 23, 2010, 08:35:25 PM

just f'in around man.  i dont think anyone is laughing at you.  i was was just trying to laugh with you.

word. TY.

sunrisevt

I'm laughing near you. In the sense that TextsFromLastNight.com and ShitMyDadSays.com are right next to the paug in my bookmarks.  :beerbang:
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

VDB

In my opinion --  :-D -- I was about ready to label Red Rocks as Phish 3.2 or 3.5 or some such arbitrary designation. And then my excitement was kind of tempered by a lack of continued, consistent development in the same vein over the rest of summer II and onward. Certain moments excepted. But it's no biggie -- I'm just happy to have new shows and new music to listen to, and going to shows remains about as much fun as you can have, and I'm looking forward to the Trey show next month not just for its own merits but also to hear how he's playing these days and listen for any possible clues about how Phish (1/4th of them anyway) might sound when we next hear from them.
Is this still Wombat?

Mr Minor

The funniest part of this entire thread is that the people that are disagreeing with my POV (-which is of course is fine with me) are actually taking me seriously at labeling something as PHISH 4.0.
wow, i mean, i just posted my stream of conscious of how i felt about the where phish was at, and all of a sudden i'm being cornered into defending a simple label that i made as a complete joke.
HOly serious Phishheads batman!

Dude, I am glad you like the NYE run.  I thought there were some great moments in it as well, just like many moments throughout the fall.
I am glad you are enjoying where the  :phish: is at right now, but disagreeing with the 4.0 comment isn't something to be upset about.   Simply posting, IMO, is showing your opinion and offering it up for people to discuss, dissect, and comment on.  Bottom line is we all love Phish.

The fact that the 1.0/2.0/3.0 nomenclature was even used in the first place is pretty silly, but it's an interesting way to separate the different levels of the bands tenure.  I disagreed because I didn't think they turned a corner as a whole with the NYE run, but they have definitely made some improvements with each of the three "tours" this year (four if you count Hampton as it's own tour).

Personally, I am uber-excited they got back together in the first place.  The fact that they can do what they do blows my mind.  As VOODOO said, I am happy to have new shows and new music to listen.  I can't wait for summer tour and what it brings.

mehead

there's nothing there for me in the NYE run to somehow completely separate it from the other shows and label it as 4.0..or 3.1..as was w/ plenty of other shows NYE had it's moments - been listening to the Ghost a lot lately  :banana:
..sure there were bustouts but shit look at the bustouts at cccc alone..for me the NYE was pretty much on par w/ 3.0 - nothing more, nothing less...I truly hope Trey's Feb tour injects a little somethin somethin into him..with that said, I'm super stoked that they are back together and can't wait til summer tour
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged