News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish 4.0

Started by VA $l!m, January 22, 2010, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrum

Quote from: mehead on January 24, 2010, 02:46:01 PM
..I truly hope Trey's Feb tour injects a little somethin somethin into him..

uhhh, be careful what you wish for. (..or how you word your posts!)
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

VA $l!m

there's nothing there for me in the NYE run to somehow completely separate it from the other shows and label it as 4.0..or 3.1..as was w/ plenty of other shows NYE had it's moments - been listening to the Ghost a lot lately  :banana:
..sure there were bustouts but shit look at the bustouts at cccc alone..for me the NYE was pretty much on par w/ 3.0 - nothing more, nothing less...I truly hope Trey's Feb tour injects a little somethin somethin into him..with that said, I'm super stoked that they are back together and can't wait til summer tour

cool.
the only thing that consoles me about the fact that it seems a lot of people dont hear what i hear in these shows, is the fact that many other people DO agree with me 100%. not being alone is a start, but its FUcking really Odd when i consider pretty much 90-100% of the songs played in miami to be the best versions of the year by Miles and miles. like not even in the same ball park. oh well.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mehead

Quote from: VA slim on January 24, 2010, 07:05:16 PM
there's nothing there for me in the NYE run to somehow completely separate it from the other shows and label it as 4.0..or 3.1..as was w/ plenty of other shows NYE had it's moments - been listening to the Ghost a lot lately  :banana:
..sure there were bustouts but shit look at the bustouts at cccc alone..for me the NYE was pretty much on par w/ 3.0 - nothing more, nothing less...I truly hope Trey's Feb tour injects a little somethin somethin into him..with that said, I'm super stoked that they are back together and can't wait til summer tour

cool.
the only thing that consoles me about the fact that it seems a lot of people dont hear what i hear in these shows, is the fact that many other people DO agree with me 100%. not being alone is a start, but its FUcking really Odd when i consider pretty much 90-100% of the songs played in miami to be the best versions of the year by Miles and miles. like not even in the same ball park. oh well.

why do you need consoling about this issue?  it's all opinions brah..I don't think you are wrong and I am right...I don't think the run was shit by any means - I just don't walk away thinking "wow, they've def. turned the corner and now we're on to 4.0"
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mehead

Quote from: redrum on January 24, 2010, 03:05:43 PM
..I truly hope Trey's Feb tour injects a little somethin somethin into him..

uhhh, be careful what you wish for. (..or how you word your posts!)

agreed..I tend to do that every now and then    8-)

mattstick

This thread is too melodramatic.

mehead

Quote from: mattstick on January 25, 2010, 10:18:21 AM

yup...peeps need to stop getting defensive if someone doesn't agree w/ their opinion.............

still fun though  :wink:

VA $l!m

yeah, i apologize for coming off as defensive or whatever when i posted a few times here.
no excuses, its all good. i still think these shows are on a completely different level than the rest of the year. so,  thanks to the band from me at least.
i guess there's nothing more to really say about 09 now, i just hope that these shows were a sign that maybe 2010 will put an end to what i consider was a somewhat inconsistently meh year of comeback shows.
carry on,  you bitchez.  :wink:

-slimmmmm
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Declan

peoples opinions seem very hard to change around here.

I was entirely optimistic while attending these shows and it paid off
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

susep

back on topic, I've been listening to my Summer '09 Mix and its preety good, the music that is.  After I was thinking about making a 'ween/Fall/NYE compilation to round out the year but the music/jams from the latter half of the year hasn't inspired me as much to want to do it.  I might come back and do it anyway for shits and giggles.  Specifically I compared versions of Drowned from 19June and 22Nov. and I thought the DC version smoked it hard.     

Gumbo72203

Slim, I think I can see where you're coming from.  I haven't super-dissected the whole run yet, but a few things jumped out at me right off the bat.

First off, I had already claimed here that the Jibboo > Wilson > Jibboo > Heavy Things bit was the most important thing they played all year, because it signaled that they were now able to drop into that hole of having a goofy, retardedly absurd of a fun time on stage, and able to also seamlessly meld their spur-of-the-moment whims into the current show being played, AND to make it WORK. 

When was the last time that ANY Phish song was broken in half, after '95?  Aside from the Moby Dick show, which was a return to that goofball-ness itself...

But aside from that fact, the jamming in Tweezer and GBOTT point to a completely new entity.  The jamming is so different from everything theyve done...  its all spaced out, and it moves forward, but it doesn't peak like Chalkdust or an Arrival. 

I gotta get to class now.... but i'll be back
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

G. Augusto

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on February 01, 2010, 08:26:58 AM
When was the last time that ANY Phish song was broken in half, after '95?  Aside from the Moby Dick show, which was a return to that goofball-ness itself...

06-22-2000 Harry > DFB > Hood

thatfargone

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on February 01, 2010, 08:26:58 AM

Did you REALLY just ask this? :?

Seriously I'll just start with 2009:

2009.06.12: YEM>Wilson>YEM

Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

mattstick

12/31/03 Chalkdust > Slave > Chalkdust

G. Augusto

08-01-1998 2001 > Magilla > 2001

G. Augusto

07-07-2000 Maze > Shafty > Maze