News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Operation Every Phish Show HDD BP and other Every Show Discussions...

Started by mbwoellert41, March 27, 2010, 09:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBL

Quote from: Marmar on April 19, 2020, 10:53:47 AM
How many TB we talkin....and where do I sign up?

At least 12 TB..

I too will join in, though I don't want any 3.0
If this is love, I'm never going home..

Superfreakie

Quote from: GBL on April 19, 2020, 12:00:37 PM
Quote from: Marmar on April 19, 2020, 10:53:47 AM
How many TB we talkin....and where do I sign up?

At least 12 TB..

I too will join in, though I don't want any 3.0

It is 12 TB.....so how do we want to do this?

Let me give you all the exact breakdowns tomorrow morning. How big the 1.0 section is. How big 2.0 is. And what the breakdown of the 3.0 era is. I also have another drive with 4K video muxed with 24bit audio......
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

emay

sunrisevt

Not in my budget until stimulus money and unemployment kick in, but I'm psyched to see this go active again and it'll be a good motivator to update my shit once things are flowing.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

WhatstheUse?

The multiple sources is a bit intimidating. Do you keep notes and/or do you do a quick a/b of source everytime you pick a show?
Bring in the dude!

Marmar

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Superfreakie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 20, 2020, 03:12:42 PM
The multiple sources is a bit intimidating. Do you keep notes and/or do you do a quick a/b of source everytime you pick a show?

My goal has always been to weed through the catalog and only keep the best source for a given date. The only reason I haven't done that is that I did not have a playback system at my disposal of late that would have permitted me to truly assess what the better source truly is, as some do sound better on some systems. However, now that my headphone setup is tuned in, I'm ready to start culling. However, for now, you'll have to do the culling yourself.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Superfreakie on April 20, 2020, 05:40:15 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 20, 2020, 03:12:42 PM
The multiple sources is a bit intimidating. Do you keep notes and/or do you do a quick a/b of source every time you pick a show?

My goal has always been to weed through the catalog and only keep the best source for a given date. The only reason I haven't done that is that I did not have a playback system at my disposal of late that would have permitted me to truly assess what the better source truly is, as some do sound better on some systems. However, now that my headphone setup is tuned in, I'm ready to start culling. However, for now, you'll have to do the culling yourself.

Right on. That would likely be my method as well.

It's been a life goal of mine to listen to every show chronologically - this may be my time to shine.
Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

Storage is getting CHEAP these days. I haven't bought an external hard drive in over 8 years but it looks like you can grab a 12 TB for $215 these days? That's wild.

WD 12 TB Hard Drive
Bring in the dude!

Marmar

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 20, 2020, 07:04:46 PM
Storage is getting CHEAP these days. I haven't bought an external hard drive in over 8 years but it looks like you can grab a 12 TB for $215 these days? That's wild.

WD 12 TB Hard Drive

Keep looking....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

anthrax

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 20, 2020, 07:01:01 PM
It's been a life goal of mine to listen to every show chronologically - this may be my time to shine.

there's no freaking way

mattstick

Quote from: anthrax on April 21, 2020, 06:46:44 PM

there's no freaking way

You'd hate Phish by the time you got to 1992.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Marmar on April 21, 2020, 04:31:31 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 20, 2020, 07:04:46 PM

WD 12 TB Hard Drive

Keep looking....

I was thinking maybe it was too good to be true. What brand do you recommend?

Quote from: anthrax on April 21, 2020, 06:46:44 PM

there's no freaking way

Many years ago I made it through all of 97-04 in order.

1829 shows played so far.....so..... at one show a day.... only 5 years!

Okay. Maybe not....
Bring in the dude!

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

anthrax

i gotta think 3 different 5tb hard drives is probably the way to go.  doesn't make it easy on the one who is doing the transferring, but 14tb is too damn big, no?