News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Hot Deals!!! Storage, Blank Media, etc...

Started by ucusty, August 08, 2005, 01:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G. Augusto

WD all the way.
Got a 320GB, 1TB and 1.5TB.

ytowndan

I always go WD, too. 

I have four 1TB mybooks, one 500 GB mybook, and two passports.  They treat me well.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

WhatstheUse?

WD here as well -- they haven't failed me yet! (knock on internet wood)
Bring in the dude!

kellerb

I haven't had issues w/ any of the major brands, but that doesn't help anyone make decisions

jephrey

My last bunch have been seagate without any issues.  I have all internals though.  There was this 500G external seagate that was always on sale about a year ago and a bunch of people got them.  I think they're good.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Lifeboy

I have two WD's as well. 500 and a 320. Absolutely love 'em. I like them waaay more than my Seagate.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

jephrey

tipetoo, I've never had a WD, but a lot of people swear by them.  I suppose I don't want to fix what ain't broken and the Seagate has always worked well.  Not that it's the defining factor, but in the same price range, the seagates were 7200RPM and the WDs were 5400.  I know from the specs that the performance is based on other factors, but I was always for a faster drive for some reason.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Alumni

I screengrabbed the following item from NewEgg's Memorial day sale (for email listmembers). Doesn't look like it has eSata or Firewire, but 1.5TB for $100, delivered...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Cause I got a degree

Play_It_Leo

Also check out compusa.com.  Iomega external HD's 1.5TB for $90 or 500GB for $60. Both are after-rebate prices.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

jasonsobel

Western Digital Elements 1.5TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive WDBAAU0015HBK-NESN
$10 off with promo code EMCYSNW42, ends 6/3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136505
total = $105, free shipping.

I just saw this today.  the deal ends tomorrow.  $105 is a great price for 1.5 TB.
I already have two of these drives (both the 1.5TB variety), and they've been great drives for me.  I almost bought another one at this price, but I'm going to hold off until I really need it.
sing me back home before I die

leshphilen

This tour has forced me to add to my HD storage space. Not to sound all spammy but here's a public service announcement for those in the same boat.

PSA: Tiger Direct has 1T Seagate Internal HD's for $39.99 after rebate. But you can only order 1.  I think the sale runs through June 18th.

I just bought 2Tb, 1 Seagate for 39.99 and 1 Hitachi for 69.99.

If others find better deals after 18th please post.
I read the book, saw the movie, but the show was better than both of them...

jasonsobel

sing me back home before I die