News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RUSH Geeks rejoice!!

Started by PIE-GUY, April 08, 2010, 09:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

Oof... as much as I want that, I'd be happy just to have the flacs of that live set from YYZ. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mopper_smurf

QuoteOver 100 items will be sold in the Property From The Archives of Alex Lifeson event, set to take place on 20 to 22 May. They include 60 vintage guitars, alongside other musical gear, wardrobe and memorabilia once belonging to the Rush co-founder.
A major highlight of the event is Lifeson's 1976 "Whitey" Gibson ES-355TD electric guitar, heard on all of Rush's albums from 1977's A Farewell To Kings to 2015's R40. It's valued at a "conservative estimate" of $200,000 to $300,000.
"I purchased this guitar in 1976, it was custom-built in Kalamazoo just for me. It has been my main guitar and is the iconic Alex Lifeson guitar," said the 68-year-old guitarist in a statement.

https://guitar.com/news/gear-news/alex-lifeson-vintage-guitars-memorabilia-juliens-auctions/
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

PIE-GUY

How many kimonos are included in the auction? 

mopper_smurf

QuoteHow many kimonos are included in the auction?
:hereyougoyousentimentalbastar
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

This guy have many more 2021 remasters on his channel. Enjoy!
Twitter | FB | Instagram

PIE-GUY

I wore out a VHS copy of that show back in my youth. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 29, 2023, 05:31:08 PMI wore out a VHS copy of that show back in my youth.

Never saw this but I 100% wore out Exit..Stage Left when that came out.

khalpin

If you haven't heard it yet, the 40th anniversary of Moving Pictures boxed set comes with a Live in YYZ show from that tour, which is fantastic (obviously).  One of the perks of a Spotify account is being able to listen to stuff like that without forking over $250 for the entire boxed set.

VA $l!m

yeah been watching those remasters.
great stuff.
Alex Lifeson shredding back then. underrated.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

khalpin

Unfortunately this is mostly a bunch of 3 second clips, but Holy Shit!  Front row footage from 1976!

Caravan2001

I'm a guitar player, so I found this super awesome, but I think any Rush fan would also find it cool.  Haven't really seen a lot of equipment and playing breakdowns with Alex.

khalpin

I am also a guitar player who also likes Rush who also thought that was awesome.  Thanks for sharing.  While he's not my favorite player, I don't think there's a guitar player out there who writes more interesting rhythm guitar than Alex.  So much fun to play.

rowjimmy

Great video. Also not a massive Rush fan and not even particularly a fan of the tone he's using on this video, lol.

Great gear stuff here though. Also big shout out to Veneman Music where I bought my first an only wah pedal.

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 04, 2023, 11:10:09 AMGreat video. Also not a massive Rush fan and not even particularly a fan of the tone he's using on this video, lol.

Great gear stuff here though. Also big shout out to Veneman Music where I bought my first an only wah pedal.

Yeah, in the parlance of today's youth, I found his tone a little "suss".  Crazy with all those stacks of amps he has in there but whatever.  I was impressed he could still break down that solo as in depth as he did and play it pretty flawlessly.  Was interesting to note that a lot of those solos were patched together by Geddy and Terry from bits and pieces.