News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RUSH Geeks rejoice!!

Started by PIE-GUY, April 08, 2010, 09:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barnesy305

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 07, 2011, 08:45:54 AM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on June 07, 2011, 01:01:13 AM
Quote from: postjack on June 05, 2011, 10:20:37 AM
Funny story yesterday. I have a sekret drawer I keep all my tickets to upcoming shows in. Recently we've been trying to get the house cleaned up, you know, clear out all the junk that has accumulated over the past 4-5 years. Part of that mission was to clean out the ticket drawer. So I very carefully went through and checked every envelope to make sure there wasn't tickets left in any of them, or stubs. The empty envelopes I threw away, or other stuff in there (letters from loved ones etc) I removed and put away in a file I designated for those types of documents.

Fast forward to yesterday, I'm talking to my buddy about coming to pick up his half of the Rush tickets, since he is heading over to New Orleans before I am next weekend, and when I get off the phone I get a funny feeling about the tickets I had in the ticket drawer. After I heat up some Publix brand spaghetti and meatballs I go take inventory of the drawer's contents, which include MMJ + Neko Case, Voodoo Fest, and Phish summer tour tickets. NO RUSH! Jesus Christ, did I throw away my Rush tickets? I must have, there is no other explanation since all my tickets always go into the sekret drawer. Luckily, due to Memorial Day, the trash pickup dates confused me, so I never took the garbage out to the street, so I can still go get my tickets from the trash which has been sitting in the outside garbage can for a week, in the Alabama sun, the same week I for some reason made Matza ball soup for the first time, ate half of it, then dumped the rest in the garbage can.

So I am outside with no shirt on for some reason like a crazy person picking through my matza ball soup covered trash. I dump all the trash in my yard, and slowly go through it piece by piece, throwing it in a new garbage can. I find all the envelopes I threw away, soaking in soup and garbage funk, but none of them have my Rush tickets. I clean up the garbage, go inside, take a shower, then check my ticket STUB drawer. Underneath them all is an envelope with my Rush tickets.

Would have been nice to just check there first. :)

Rush this Friday! Yeah!! :banana:O

Anyone know how late Rush comes out usually? They don't strike me as the type to come out late, but I'm hoping they do, as we'll be cutting it real close getting to the arena.

Funny....have fun at the show.  They are coming here, I might go if I can find a cheap ticket.  They probably come on pretty early...last time I saw them I barely made it in for the opener.

Yeah, they are quite punctual, and be forewarned YYZ will not be played until the encore. :wink:

I thought they are doing Moving Pictures in it's entirety in order on this tour.

mistercharlie

Quote from: barnesy305 on June 07, 2011, 10:02:37 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on June 07, 2011, 08:45:54 AM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on June 07, 2011, 01:01:13 AM
Funny story yesterday. I have a sekret drawer I keep all my tickets to upcoming shows in. Recently we've been trying to get the house cleaned up, you know, clear out all the junk that has accumulated over the past 4-5 years. Part of that mission was to clean out the ticket drawer. So I very carefully went through and checked every envelope to make sure there wasn't tickets left in any of them, or stubs. The empty envelopes I threw away, or other stuff in there (letters from loved ones etc) I removed and put away in a file I designated for those types of documents.

Fast forward to yesterday, I'm talking to my buddy about coming to pick up his half of the Rush tickets, since he is heading over to New Orleans before I am next weekend, and when I get off the phone I get a funny feeling about the tickets I had in the ticket drawer. After I heat up some Publix brand spaghetti and meatballs I go take inventory of the drawer's contents, which include MMJ + Neko Case, Voodoo Fest, and Phish summer tour tickets. NO RUSH! Jesus Christ, did I throw away my Rush tickets? I must have, there is no other explanation since all my tickets always go into the sekret drawer. Luckily, due to Memorial Day, the trash pickup dates confused me, so I never took the garbage out to the street, so I can still go get my tickets from the trash which has been sitting in the outside garbage can for a week, in the Alabama sun, the same week I for some reason made Matza ball soup for the first time, ate half of it, then dumped the rest in the garbage can.

So I am outside with no shirt on for some reason like a crazy person picking through my matza ball soup covered trash. I dump all the trash in my yard, and slowly go through it piece by piece, throwing it in a new garbage can. I find all the envelopes I threw away, soaking in soup and garbage funk, but none of them have my Rush tickets. I clean up the garbage, go inside, take a shower, then check my ticket STUB drawer. Underneath them all is an envelope with my Rush tickets.

Rush this Friday! Yeah!! :banana:O

Anyone know how late Rush comes out usually? They don't strike me as the type to come out late, but I'm hoping they do, as we'll be cutting it real close getting to the arena.

Funny....have fun at the show.  They are coming here, I might go if I can find a cheap ticket.  They probably come on pretty early...last time I saw them I barely made it in for the opener.

Yeah, they are quite punctual, and be forewarned YYZ will not be played until the encore. :wink:

I thought they are doing Moving Pictures in it's entirety in order on this tour.

Really!?!?!  Maybe I should shell out the $70 bucks to see them again then. I F'n LOVE Moving Pictures!!!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

barnesy305

I'm pretty sure because it's the 30th anniversary of it's release. I'm kicking my self for not going last month.

gah

Rush this Friday! Yeah!! :banana:

Funny story!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

barnesy305

Quote from: Caravan2001 on June 07, 2011, 10:48:10 AM
I though Moving Pictures was the last tour?  FWIW, I saw the actual Moving Pictures tour, but they obv did not play the whole album...

I think this is the same tour but a second north American leg. I could be mistaken. Just got a boot from the Permanent Waves tour, St. Louis 1980, and it's fucking awesome, of course.

mistercharlie

Quote from: barnesy305 on June 07, 2011, 11:09:16 AM
I though Moving Pictures was the last tour?  FWIW, I saw the actual Moving Pictures tour, but they obv did not play the whole album...

I think this is the same tour but a second north American leg. I could be mistaken. Just got a boot from the Permanent Waves tour, St. Louis 1980, and it's fucking awesome, of course.

The Snakes & Arrows tour seemed to go on for two years, so what's to stop the Moving Pictures tour from doing the same thing.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

barnesy305

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 07, 2011, 06:44:14 PM
Quote from: barnesy305 on June 07, 2011, 11:09:16 AM

The Snakes & Arrows tour seemed to go on for two years, so what's to stop the Moving Pictures tour from doing the same thing.

i checked the setlists from a month ago and Moving Pictures starts the second set. I imagine that this is a second leg.

khalpin

Yes, the past couple tours they've done two legs.  A summer shed leg and then an arena leg.  Or at least that's how it's seemed.  I would think they'd be doing sheds now, though.  I saw then about a month ago in Hershey in the arena.

On a related note, here's a recent interview with Neil (which doesn't happen often). 
http://www.cbc.ca/strombo/show-music/neil-peart-on-moving-pictures-track-by-track.html
Couldn't figure out how to embed the video.

barnesy305

Quote from: khalpin on June 07, 2011, 07:16:52 PM
Yes, the past couple tours they've done two legs.  A summer shed leg and then an arena leg.  Or at least that's how it's seemed.  I would think they'd be doing sheds now, though.  I saw then about a month ago in Hershey in the arena.

On a related note, here's a recent interview with Neil (which doesn't happen often). 
http://www.cbc.ca/strombo/show-music/neil-peart-on-moving-pictures-track-by-track.html
Couldn't figure out how to embed the video.

Awesome! I go through phases every six months or so where Rush is all I listen to, which has been happening for 25 years. This thread is about to kick off another one.

Caravan2001

Just went to go peep tickets for the Portland show in a couple of weeks.  Cheapest I could find was $65 which is not a big deal, but it is the same night as My Morning Jacket, which I already have a ticket for.  Oh well.  Hopefully they will come around again (I say that every year!)

khalpin

So tonight/tomorrow is "RUSH HASHANAH" on VH1 Classic.  At 8:00 EST they're premiering the upcoming Time Machine Tour 2011 DVD.

QuoteVH1 Classic is once again ringing in the Jewish New Year with a 24-hour marathon of Canada's greatest music export, Rush. The "Rush Hashanah" takeover will begin on VH1 Classic in US on Wednesday, Sept. 28 at 7PM and end on Thursday, Sept. 29 at 7PM, giving viewers the opportunity to immerse themselves in all things Rush. With a glimpse into the band's life with the award-winning VH1 Rock Doc Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage, Classic Albums 2112 & Moving Pictures, there is no portion of Rush's legacy that will go unseen. Then VH1 Classic will be premiering a special airing of Rush TIME MACHINE 2011: Live in Cleveland - preview of what you will see on the forthcoming DVD release TIME MACHINE 2011: Live In Cleveland available November 8th, 2011!

barnesy305

On it watching from 2112 to moving pictures doc right now.

Caravan2001

Quote from: barnesy305 on September 28, 2011, 07:54:08 PM

Shoot...wish I got to see that...The have been playing that live show from Germany on Fuse or something and that is a pretty good concert vid....But the doc that came out last year is awesome...Beyond The Lighted Stage...has it been mentioned in this thread?  It is a must see, I almost got boner the first time I saw all the ancient footage....

barnesy305

Quote from: Caravan2001 on October 01, 2011, 03:47:03 AM

Shoot...wish I got to see that...The have been playing that live show from Germany on Fuse or something and that is a pretty good concert vid....But the doc that came out last year is awesome...Beyond The Lighted Stage...has it been mentioned in this thread?  It is a must see, I almost got boner the first time I saw all the ancient footage....

Yeah, I'm sure it has been mentioned, but if not, it fucking rules! The extras on it are pretty sweet as well.

Caravan2001

Quote from: barnesy305 on October 01, 2011, 08:56:34 AM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on October 01, 2011, 03:47:03 AM

Yeah, I'm sure it has been mentioned, but if not, it fucking rules! The extras on it are pretty sweet as well.

I should buy it...I got the torrent and it didn;t have a menu or anything, just the feature....suppose I should just drop the $