News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RUSH Geeks rejoice!!

Started by PIE-GUY, April 08, 2010, 09:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

My cousin is freakin' pumped!  Maybe I'll finally get around to seeing these guys.....
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mistercharlie

Foo Fighters covers Tom Sawyer a few days ago and a video surfaced last night of it. (Caveat emptor: The video is out of sync with the audio and the vocals are kinda bad (Ghrol is no Geddy))

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

Presale for Rush 40 tomorrow.  Gonna try and scoop up a couple if they're good seats.

PIE-GUY

I really want to go to this, but the good seats are $150+ and I just spent $300 on good seats for Stevie Wonder and have about $600 or whatever tied up in Dead MO.

I think I'm gonna end up buying some lawn tickets as it gets closer. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Caravan2001

Quote from: PGLHAH on February 04, 2015, 10:12:04 PM
I really want to go to this, but the good seats are $150+ and I just spent $300 on good seats for Stevie Wonder and have about $600 or whatever tied up in Dead MO.

I think I'm gonna end up buying some lawn tickets as it gets closer.

Same here.  I got into the presale 1/2 hour after it started (was working) and pulled 22nd row on the floor for $150+...gonna troll Craigslist as it gets closer and hope to pick up a deal....

barnesy305

I caught the Greensboro show last night. Jacob's FUCKING Ladder.

VA $l!m

Quote from: barnesy305 on May 29, 2015, 09:48:00 AM
I caught the Greensboro show last night. Jacob's FUCKING Ladder.
!!!! noice!  :mrgreen:  :rawk:

a couple weeks ago i was really bummed when i found out the day after from the local paper that they played the new arena here. it was the 1st time an act i dig played it too.
hopefully they'll end up here again. haven't seen them in over 20 years, but still my boyz!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Buffalo Budd

Thought I read somewhere that this was a farewell tour of sorts but I can't see them hanging it up for good while they are still able to play so well.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VA $l!m

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on May 29, 2015, 12:45:17 PM
Thought I read somewhere that this was a farewell tour of sorts but I can't see them hanging it up for good while they are still able to play so well.
ack,  :-(
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

khalpin

Neil has Chronic Tendonitis, so while it probably won't be their last live performances, they're not planning on doing any lengthy touring after this one.

barnesy305

Quote from: khalpin on May 29, 2015, 02:37:43 PM
Neil has Chronic Tendonitis, so while it probably won't be their last live performances, they're not planning on doing any lengthy touring after this one.

And honestly, some of his fills aren't quite what they used to be and I could see him being the kind of guy who would stop touring if his playing wasn't up to his own high standards.

Caravan2001

I will prob hit the Portland show....

Portland show is the same night as Bend so.....

mopper_smurf

Alex Lifeson just posted this one on his FB. Vintage goodness.

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

khalpin

Hearing Todd's story of Trey playing Guitar Hero made me remember this gem:

PIE-GUY

the whole second set of this is so great!!

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul