News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish 3d Setlist and Reviews ***SPOILER ALERT!!***

Started by Undermind, April 20, 2010, 02:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Undermind

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 21, 2010, 09:03:10 AM
Quote from: Undermind on April 21, 2010, 06:50:44 AM
Uh Oh-  I was afraid there would be to much jumping around.  This guy definitely makes me nervous.

http://www.thewrap.com/blog-entry/phish-great-band-godawful-3d-movie-experience-16505

That guy is an idiot.

This was a rock concert film. Lotta angles. Lotta rock.

I wouldn't say it was "heavy on the stones". There were four Stones songs. There were also four acoustic songs. or was it five? No. Six. They were great.
Torn And Frayed was the song missing from post one. So is Tweezer!!! (before Maze.)
There were no interviews but there were a couple of bits of backstage rehearsal. Very cool.

Nice 3D production. All depth of field and no gimmicky in your face crap.

The lights looked cool in 3d.

Totally worth the $$ and effort.

Nice!  Was there Faulty Plan in there too?
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

blatboom

pcr3

There was no Torn and Frayed.  There was too much jumping of shots.  The volume in Revere was not loud enough for the Bag or Faulty Plan, so it dragged a bit at the beginning.  But it was pretty enjoyable overall, and certainly got me pumped for Summer Tour.

The thing that killed me was that at some point in the first half, they had an extended (maybe 2-3 seconds) look at the lights with some smoke effects, and it looked great in 3D.  It was not until late in the movie that they returned and took advantage of the smoke and lights that really make the image pop.  It felt like the 3D effect was for the most part wasted.  But the balloons....

And for those of you looking for newer and more interesting Tweeprise placements, well, keep wishing.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

thatfargone

Quote from: blatboom on April 21, 2010, 09:13:33 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on April 21, 2010, 09:03:10 AM
Torn And Frayed was the song missing from post one.
they showed Torn And Frayed?

I don't recall this.

As for the 3D experience:  I thought it was cool.  Almost wanted to swat balloons away and the few crowd shots looked really impressive.  The lights looked almost like being there, seriously.  However, these shots were few and far between.  I felt this was a HUGE oversight and major missed opportunity....more shots of tools with lazer pointers than any real look at what CK5 can do.
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

Igbo

I really enjoyed it honestly. For the movie experience, i thought the song selection was just right. For me, i dont think i would want a stretched out version of a song while i'm sitting in a chair.

Since i havent heard any of the music from 8, it was great to hear and see some of these songs. Everything with Sharon Jones was great!

Bit of advice: Go see it in a theatre that has a bar!

mistercharlie

So was Torn and Frayed in it or not? rj says yes everyone else says no. But usually 'Row Knows".  :|
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

thatfargone

Quote from: Igbo on April 21, 2010, 09:27:33 AM

Bit of advice: Go see it in a theatre that has a bar!

Yeah but make sure to time it right or you'll get back in the middle of the acoustic section. :wink:
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

PIE-GUY

Hidden Track updated the setlist... no Torn and Frayed, yes Happy

QuotePhish 3D Movie Setlist

AC/DC Bag, Stealing Time From The Faulty Plan, Undermind, Tweezer, Maze, Mike's, Back On The Train@, Strange Design@, The Curtain With@, Sleep Again@, Train Song@, Wilson@, Loving Cup, Happy, Shine A Light, Soul Survivor, Suzy Greenberg, Tweezer Reprise
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

macaronihead

happy about Tweezer -> Maze, hope they don't cut in and out between songs.

Mr Minor

Bought my ticket for next Friday night!  Looking forward to it.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: Mr Minor on April 21, 2010, 10:24:04 AM

it let you?!?!

the theater here won't let me buy them  :|
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Mr Minor

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on April 21, 2010, 10:26:02 AM

it let you?!?!

Weird.  They were/are onsale here and I can buy them online.  Maybe it's sold out, although it should tell you that.  Hmm.  Call the theater and ask wtf?

blatboom

Quote from: macaronihead on April 21, 2010, 10:08:56 AM
seemed to be intact and was one of the highlights imo..

Mr Minor

Quote from: blatboom on April 21, 2010, 10:30:19 AM
Quote from: macaronihead on April 21, 2010, 10:08:56 AM
seemed to be intact and was one of the highlights imo..

Sweet.  That will be nice.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: Mr Minor on April 21, 2010, 10:29:55 AM
Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on April 21, 2010, 10:26:02 AM

it let you?!?!

Weird.  They were/are onsale here and I can buy them online.  Maybe it's sold out, although it should tell you that.  Hmm.  Call the theater and ask wtf?

i tried all four times.
in the two theaters (that equals 8 showings) and they all said i couldn't get them.

but it did say that the theater i was trying to buy for wasn't available for online sales, yet. maybe noontime.

gonna keep trying.... or i'm calling them before work this evening.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫