News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

LivePhish iPhone App

Started by rowjimmy, June 13, 2010, 04:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Multibeast12

Gona wait..............wait first i need a Iphone. Stupid Verizon. :cry:

rowjimmy

Version 1.01 is already pending iTunes app store approval..

Multibeast12

Hey does anybody know that has this app. Does it stream FLAC files in FLAC Quality?

whatapiper

"put down your....uhhh, buy our iphone app!!!!!"
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

tet

Quote from: Multibeast12 on June 14, 2010, 07:49:05 PM
Hey does anybody know that has this app. Does it stream FLAC files in FLAC Quality?

no- the streams are of significantly less quality, but still quite good.  i'm sure it's MP3/AAC @ 128kbit at a maximum, maybe VBR if we're lucky...

love this app though.  no crashes for me, and the access to my own archives is brilliant.  very easy to use, and very worth it even if for nothing else than the free $10 download credit!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Nobes

It's a sweet app, but it looks shitty on an iPad. Could use better/cooler design.

Multibeast12

Hey do you guys think they'll ever make one or have a version come out for the Droid Phones?

roggae

so i've not found a download code yet.  where does it come from?
Clearly it's all awful.

mattstick

They definitely should have made an iPad version - it's 2010, not 2009.

Kid in the Corner

Quote from: roggae on June 17, 2010, 11:56:03 AM
so i've not found a download code yet.  where does it come from?

it gets emailed to the address that you used to register with  livephish.

Guyute

Quote from: mattstick on June 17, 2010, 12:00:38 PM

They definitely should have made an iPad version - it's 2010, not 2009.

They might.  An app like this take a good bit of time for the initial development, just got done with a project where we built one for private use.  Apple wouldn't let us buy an iPad early for development so we are going to start that soon. 
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

Guyute123

Quote from: Multibeast12 on June 16, 2010, 10:48:15 PM
Hey do you guys think they'll ever make one or have a version come out for the Droid Phones?

I hope so, considering the new droids, i.e the incredible, are just as good or better than the iphone.  Also I have an Incredible and I want that app.

cleech74

Finally got to use this today, at work.  It was pretty sweet to be streaming Phish audio, while on the clock.  Technologee!
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

thelot

Quote from: tet on June 16, 2010, 08:30:04 AM
Quote from: Multibeast12 on June 14, 2010, 07:49:05 PM

no- the streams are of significantly less quality, but still quite good.  i'm sure it's MP3/AAC @ 128kbit at a maximum, maybe VBR if we're lucky...

love this app though.  no crashes for me, and the access to my own archives is brilliant.  very easy to use, and very worth it even if for nothing else than the free $10 download credit!

the 5 second gap between tracks is pretty annoying though. :frustrated:

phuzzyfish12

Not a fan of this app on my iPhone. I got it to use when I'm on the subway and being underground without an internet connection you can't run it, plus it crashes on me pretty often.   :frustrated: