News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

LivePhish iPhone App

Started by rowjimmy, June 13, 2010, 04:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

This app has only been working when on wifi for me recently. Anyone else?
Is this still Wombat?

Guyute

Kept crashing for me today while trying to stream the featured show.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

VDB

Does anyone else have trouble getting tracks to reliably play when you select them in this app? I swear my success rate hovers around 50% at times. Sometimes it's a long wait before the track starts, sometimes I have to skip ahead and then skip back, sometimes it just doesn't play. And then, sometimes, it works as intended. This has been my experience for years, across versions of the app and OS.

Curious what others' experiences have been like.
Is this still Wombat?

emay

Yeah I think Lp runs on the nugs.net servers which have same issue. If I'm anywhere with less than 5G for service it takes it a min to load up the track.

rowjimmy

If I'm planning to listen anywhere beyond my wifi or town with reliable data, I have made it a practice to DL shows before I go out. Works just fine then. Just try and remember to dump the DLs every now and then.

My experience with the Nugs app has been notably worse across the board but this practice generally works for that too.

VDB

Interesting, as the issue is less predictable for me, i.e. less obviously related to network/data conditions.

I tried shooting LP (Nugs) support a note just to, you know, be kind and tell them about the issue, but the rep only wanted to argue that it must be my network's fault or that of my app and/or OS version.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Quote from: VDB on August 18, 2022, 01:23:00 PMInteresting, as the issue is less predictable for me, i.e. less obviously related to network/data conditions.

I tried shooting LP (Nugs) support a note just to, you know, be kind and tell them about the issue, but the rep only wanted to argue that it must be my network's fault or that of my app and/or OS version.

Hilarious.
Tell the rep to check their fucking twitter mentions sometime.