News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Would you still love me.....

Started by willsteele, June 16, 2010, 12:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hesthemamba

2009?  :| maybe.. 2010? definitely.   :rawk:
He was a naked pa.

thatfargone

No clue.

I am a different person now, impossible to say.
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

WhatstheUse?

As far as live experiences go, the worst Phish show I've ever seen absolutely crushes the best shows I've seen by any other bands.

So..... fuck yes.
Bring in the dude!

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

thatfargone

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 16, 2010, 02:37:33 PM
As far as live experiences go, the worst Phish show I've ever seen absolutely crushes the best shows I've seen by any other bands.

So..... fuck yes.

Hmmm on second thought, I see no flaw in this logic. :laugh:

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

Multibeast12

I say yeah. I'm closer to that point of when i first heard Phish.

Play_It_Leo

Quote from: phuzzyfish12 on June 16, 2010, 01:07:37 PM
Yes for me also.

If I heard ANY of Phish's live or studio albums for the first time today I would get into them. Even, if you were asking me to base my decision on Phish Live 2009/2010 and Joy being the only album that they have released I'd still be a fan. There is just a vibe, feeling that gets translated through the music that I like and I haven't found another band that can do that for me.

This. Well put.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

thatfargone

Quote from: Play_It_Leo on June 16, 2010, 07:05:56 PM
Quote from: phuzzyfish12 on June 16, 2010, 01:07:37 PM
Yes for me also.

If I heard ANY of Phish's live or studio albums for the first time today I would get into them. Even, if you were asking me to base my decision on Phish Live 2009/2010 and Joy being the only album that they have released I'd still be a fan. There is just a vibe, feeling that gets translated through the music that I like and I haven't found another band that can do that for me.

This. Well put.

Yeah I really like the way you put this too fuzzy.  Mainly why this is the only "jam band" I can stand.  Actually some of the only rock I listen to also.

justjezmund

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

PIE-GUY

No doubt in my mind. Here's the thing. I go to see music that makes me dance. I can't get the full spiritual release I need on a regular basis if I don't have opportunities to dance every now and then. That's what leads me to phish, new orleans funk, the dead, whatever. Radiohead is great, but their shows are a bunch of people standing around watching. It just doesn't move me.

Now phish playing a perfectly average NICU makes me dance like a kid again. So, yes. I would dig it either way.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

birdman

Quote from: Alumni on June 16, 2010, 12:34:35 PM
Probably not. But I have no problem with that. I got into Phish at a specific point in life, and it made a huge and lasting impression. I'm not sure any band could do that in 2009. I'll be honest - I'm pretty much through with the jamband scene these days. Not that there aren't good young bands out there ripping it up - I'm sure there are. That's just the way it is. You only go around the merry-go-round once, and it only goes in one direction.

$.02
My feelings exactly.
Paug FTMFW!

Poster Nutbag

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 16, 2010, 02:37:33 PM

So..... fuck yes.

especially if it was all new!! are you kidding... for Phish to be new and fresh, and to not have been spoiled by Phish in the 90's... This is a no brainer... I can't find any other band today that can hold my interest for the length of a full album, much less fifteen + years... 10 years off their game and twenty years later Phish are still the best F'n band on the face of the earth, even with the infamous whale call...

$.02 
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

mbw

willsteele

Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 16, 2010, 09:49:37 PM
No doubt in my mind. Here's the thing. I go to see music that makes me dance. I can't get the full spiritual release I need on a regular basis if I don't have opportunities to dance every now and then. That's what leads me to phish, new orleans funk, the dead, whatever. Radiohead is great, but their shows are a bunch of people standing around watching. It just doesn't move me.

Now phish playing a perfectly average NICU makes me dance like a kid again. So, yes. I would dig it either way.

Right on.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

DI

Yes, I started listening to Phish after the breakup and I never really listened to anything past the 90s. When I went to the Gorge (2nd night only, I still can't believe I missed the first...) it was by far the best concert I've ever been to. Lots of energy, great people, great music.