News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/22 - Comcast Center - Mansfield, MA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, June 22, 2010, 11:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Nobes on July 06, 2010, 09:18:58 PM
Quote from: slslbs on June 25, 2010, 06:41:41 PM
listened to the recording today. At the show, I was listening to it the way I listen to most 3.0 - keying on Mike and Page.
On the recording, there were a few times (especially during Light and Slave) where I had to wonder WTF Trey was thinking.

Exactly. Sometimes having the SBDs of shows I went to really bums me out. I didn't hear that shit when I was there.

Imagine how I must feel when I realize that almost every show I just called "the best show eva :wtu:" are actually whale infested slopfests....  :|
Bring in the dude!

blatboom

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 07, 2010, 01:28:00 PM
listened to the recording today. At the show, I was listening to it the way I listen to most 3.0 - keying on Mike and Page.
On the recording, there were a few times (especially during Light and Slave) where I had to wonder WTF Trey was thinking.

Exactly. Sometimes having the SBDs of shows I went to really bums me out. I didn't hear that shit when I was there.

Imagine how I must feel when I realize that almost every show I just called "the best show eva :wtu:" are actually whale infested slopfests....  :|

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

blatboom

Hicks

back to reality'd
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Hicks on July 07, 2010, 10:10:24 PM

back to reality'd

Reality, lol.

I'm a much bigger fan of thinking everything is awesome all the time.  :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

sls.stormyrider

Yea, there is certainly a downside to the playback instead of relying on memories.
I will say that the Weekapaug was better on tape than I remember, and the H2 wasn't as bad as I thought (partly, I guess cause I was expecting a screw up or 2, I keyed on it. I have to stop being so critical
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

blatboom

Quote from: slslbs on July 08, 2010, 09:56:32 PM
Yea, there is certainly a downside to the playback instead of relying on memories.
probably the worst thing about 3.0 Phish.  (2.0 wasn't much better)

Nobes

And yet, I feel I must have every SBD. It's a strange addiction.

Superfreakie

Quote from: Nobes on July 09, 2010, 10:29:13 PM

I believe it's called sadomasochism.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: Superfreakie on July 10, 2010, 12:34:26 AM

If you are a huge Page fan, not so much. I've always understood the aud preferred to sbd argument, but as someone who wants to hear the nitty gritty of what Page is doing on a nightly basis, the sbd's can't be beat.

I once learned the entire Reba jam by ear, from 12/31/95, on the piano from an aud source cause that is all we had at the time. Now, with the advent of all these boards, it cuts down on the work factor (also the inaccuracy factor) for those that like to "read along". I wilt thinking about trying to learn something from an aud anymore.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Superfreakie on July 10, 2010, 12:34:26 AM

That's what you call it when you're addicted to '04 SBDs, and listen to Coventry every other day.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.