News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/01 - Walnut Creek - Raleigh, NC - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mistercharlie, July 01, 2010, 11:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPhishman

Quote from: McGrupp on September 13, 2010, 09:16:32 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 13, 2010, 05:17:54 PM
I preferred Raleigh > Charlotte as well.   

Mostly, based on the songs played (my Llama opener, FINALLY!) and the amount of fun I had while in attendance.

I'm starting to wonder if WTU's preference of shows is based on number of females chilled with during and post-show...

:wink:

Quality>quantity
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: JPhishman on September 14, 2010, 12:57:27 AM

Mostly, based on the songs played (my Llama opener, FINALLY!) and the amount of fun I had while in attendance.

I'm starting to wonder if WTU's preference of shows is based on number of females chilled with during and post-show...

Quality>quantity

I prefer both.
Bring in the dude!

sophist

I'm not judging it on how much fun one would have, but how the band plays the music.  To me, that's why Charlotte is the best of the four.  It's the most consistent throughout in my opinion, the first set of Raleigh is really flat to me. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

notkuroda

I thought both shows were hot for completely different reasons. Raleigh I loved for the tight playing, and it was a big Trey show. The next night had more jams, and the second set was straight money.

McGrupp

Quote from: notkuroda on September 14, 2010, 08:50:41 AM
I thought both shows were hot for completely different reasons. Raleigh I loved for the tight playing, and it was a big Trey show. The next night had more jams, and the second set was straight money.

These things.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

emay

Quote from: sophist on September 14, 2010, 07:57:01 AM
I'm not judging it on how much fun one would have, but how the band plays the music.  To me, that's why Charlotte is the best of the four.  It's the most consistent throughout in my opinion, the first set of Raleigh is really flat to me.
Agreed, it falls flat towards the second half of the set IMO. basically cause the song selections are all pretty typical and played standard. Thats not a bad thing, just not as exciting or full throttle as the first set in Char.

JPhishman

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 14, 2010, 01:19:07 AM
Quote from: JPhishman on September 14, 2010, 12:57:27 AM

Quality>quantity

I prefer both.

We're still talking about Phish tour here, right?

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

WhatstheUse?

So I just found this video on my cell phone from the end of our epic night in Raleigh.

It was taken at around 3 am in the hotel lobby.... that's our friend Dane  :tte: :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Bring in the dude!

Buffalo Budd

TTE wasn't played that night :?

Funny shit to watch although I have to admit I've been there a couple of times before.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

qop24

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 18, 2010, 04:06:11 PM
So I just found this video on my cell phone from the end of our epic night in Raleigh.

It was taken at around 3 am in the hotel lobby.... that's our friend Dane  :tte: :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

bahahaha silly Dane

but in the hotel LOBBY? really?
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: qop24 on November 18, 2010, 04:17:40 PM

bahahaha silly Dane

Yes. Lobby.

This was shorty after he proceeded to get us kicked out of 2 separate bars/clubs
Bring in the dude!

emay

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 18, 2010, 04:18:21 PM
Quote from: qop24 on November 18, 2010, 04:17:40 PM

bahahaha silly Dane

Yes. Lobby.

This was shorty after he proceeded to get us kicked out of 2 separate bars/clubs

YES love seeing some southeast ragin!

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on November 18, 2010, 04:23:54 PM
YES love seeing some southeast ragin!

I must say, we raged Raleigh pretty darn hard that night.

Still up there as one of the most fun nights I've had on tour...
Bring in the dude!

JPhishman

LOL @ Dane.... that shit was priceless. The best was after the bouncer not letting us in the first time because he was already wasted, then letting us in the second time only for Dane to lay his head on the bar and pass out within minutes of being there.

so... lol at us too, cuz that was just ridiculous.

:beers:
:phish: