News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

GDead Thread

Started by VA $l!m, August 26, 2005, 06:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Doesn't Jerry repeat a verse on scarlet fire from Cornell?  Maybe they will rob a correct verse like they did for so many roads on the so many roads box set.  That is still the best box out there except for maybe the Fillmore 68 box but I like be full career coverage of  smr.  But oh yeah, I forgot Europe 72 is the best box. So good.

mattstick

Looks like the LPs are a couple bucks cheaper for me on Amazon.ca

How is their site so crashed out?

Hicks

I think I hammered their server so hard trying to order that they banned my IP, whoops.

Guess I'll try again when I get home. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

I think the cart system is fully crashed. It was occasionally loading before, now nothing.

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on February 16, 2017, 07:37:38 PM
I think the cart system is fully crashed. It was occasionally loading before, now nothing.

Crazy, don't think I've ever seen an ecommerce site meltdown so hard. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

Mission accomplished!  Got through on my phone, go fig.

mattstick

Once dead.net diverted traffic to Rhino.com it sucked but I got through.

Caravan2001

pretty sure the vinyl and the box will sell out pretty fast.  The 1st '77 box set is easy to get but this one will be different.

mattstick

The pre-order came with a download of the 5/8/77 Scarlet Fire. Pretty nice.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on February 16, 2017, 10:18:40 PM
The pre-order came with a download of the 5/8/77 Scarlet Fire. Pretty nice.

Wow.

Never heard that before.

But seriously, their site won't accept my e-mail address. It's a goddamned Grateful Dead song, people.'
Don't make me pick up a phone.

VA $l!m

i aint got no fancy box sets or nuthin but ive been listening to alo t of 77 myself and came across a gem of a disco Dancin today.
check out 5-4-77 paladium's 1st set closer. shit is pure fire. Jerry's all over the fuckin place.
D Dancins are some of my fav jams and i really hadnt taken notice of this one before, but thats changed. prob a top 5 for me.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Caravan2001

Quote from: VA $l!m on February 18, 2017, 04:47:29 PM
i aint got no fancy box sets or nuthin but ive been listening to alo t of 77 myself and came across a gem of a disco Dancin today.
check out 5-4-77 paladium's 1st set closer. shit is pure fire. Jerry's all over the fuckin place.
D Dancins are some of my fav jams and i really hadnt taken notice of this one before, but thats changed. prob a top 5 for me.

Yeah dude.  It's one of the best versions out there and another reason why that is my favorite show of all time.  Can't believe they left it off the box.

mattstick

Pretty lame that they're releasing an unlimited version of the CD box set now.

Not that I really care about LE/scarcity but they could have given us both options up front.

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on February 21, 2017, 02:22:19 PM

Pretty lame that they're releasing an unlimited version of the CD box set now.

Not that I really care about LE/scarcity but they could have given us both options up front.

No book and special box though, I'm still glad I managed to order the full version. 

rowjimmy

Watch this breakdown of Ripple. It's in Portuguese so you'll want the subtitles and will need to give them a little leeway in the translation. That aside, it's actually a lovely and astute bit of coverage of a song for people with little or no context.

Favorite translation oddity: "G, the hickest of keys"