News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

GDead Thread

Started by VA $l!m, August 26, 2005, 06:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

I was riding my bike by when they knocked it down and all I had to do was stop and grab a couple of bricks for posterity. Always regretted not stopping.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: slslbs on January 08, 2018, 11:45:58 PM
What I would give to have seen a show there
Any show
Any artist

Must have been amazing

My parents lived in Manhattan during those years. They got married in 1969. My Pops said they went to a handful of shows there... none of the great ones, but whatever. They saw Joan Baez, Blood Sweat and Tears, and Johnny Winter, for sure. May have been others. The one that's out of character for my folks is Johnny Winter... my mom grew up with the Winter brothers. They sang in the church choir together as kids... so she has always followed their careers with interest. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: PIE-GUY on January 09, 2018, 01:14:40 AM
Quote from: slslbs on January 08, 2018, 11:45:58 PM
What I would give to have seen a show there
Any show
Any artist

Must have been amazing

My parents lived in Manhattan during those years. They got married in 1969. My Pops said they went to a handful of shows there... none of the great ones, but whatever. They saw Joan Baez, Blood Sweat and Tears, and Johnny Winter, for sure. May have been others. The one that's out of character for my folks is Johnny Winter... my mom grew up with the Winter brothers. They sang in the church choir together as kids... so she has always followed their careers with interest.

So cool, Winter is a beast on guitar.
Those brothers are creepy looking dudes though.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sls.stormyrider

^^
yeah, Johnny was amazing, I saw him when I was in HS. Sat in the 6th row. May have been the loudest show I ever saw. Edgar is a great musician too.
I'm pretty sure Johnny was actually the headliner the nights the Allman Bros recorded AFE. After the first or second night, he bailed
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: slslbs on January 09, 2018, 09:08:35 AM
^^
yeah, Johnny was amazing, I saw him when I was in HS. Sat in the 6th row. May have been the loudest show I ever saw. Edgar is a great musician too.
I'm pretty sure Johnny was actually the headliner the nights the Allman Bros recorded AFE. After the first or second night, he bailed

He's amazing but he ain't no Duane.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sls.stormyrider

no, he's not

Duane and Jerry on 1 stage must have been something. I wish there was a better recording of the Dark Star jam. And the holy grail would be the night before closing, when the ABB reportedly played all night.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

jam>

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 09, 2018, 12:23:34 AM
I was riding my bike by when they knocked it down and all I had to do was stop and grab a couple of bricks for posterity. Always regretted not stopping.

Are you talking about Fillmore East? The original building is still there.

emay

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Caravan2001

Quote from: jam> on January 09, 2018, 10:58:55 AM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 09, 2018, 12:23:34 AM

Are you talking about Fillmore East? The original building is still there.

Yes.  I though they knocked it down, but guess not.  Maybe it was just a smaller demo.  The front (2nd Ave.) was surrounded by fence and there was all kinds of debris.  This is 20 years ago though so my mind could be playing tricks on me. Maybe it was just interior demo? Or maybe it was just the brick face that they took down for the bank entrance. But I distinctly remember when they were re-doing it.

mattstick

Nice cover on Dave's 25.

Caravan2001

Quote from: mattstick on January 11, 2018, 06:21:40 PM
Nice cover on Dave's 25.

Cool cover and good show, but honestly, if they release another '77 show I am going to break something.  I mean, enough is enough.

mattstick

Why do the Dave's Picks series sell for so much more than the Road Trips series on eBay?

I just listed my Dave's Picks vol 1 (not sealed) and the first 3 Road Trips series (sealed w/ bonus discs)...

Let's see how this plays out.

Caravan2001

Looking forward to the JGB Hilo '90 show!!

Caravan2001

Quote from: mattstick on January 21, 2018, 01:11:26 PM

Why do the Dave's Picks series sell for so much more than the Road Trips series on eBay?

I just listed my Dave's Picks vol 1 (not sealed) and the first 3 Road Trips series (sealed w/ bonus discs)...

I don't know why those things go for so much.  It's not like the liner notes/packaging is all that.  I mean, they are mostly good shows and sound, but I am perfectly happy finding the flacs on the net.  I mean do people really play these things on their CD player or do they just want to own them? The only one I kept is Fox Atlanta '80 and it still just sits on my shelf.  Was also pretty bummed to sell Europe '72 box, but again, it just sat on my shelf for 4 years.

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on January 21, 2018, 01:11:26 PM

The cardboard packaging is kinda lame, but the Road Trips do go for a decent amount with bonus discs.  The first two are available from dead.net right now and the last couple have been reissued by Real Gone, so that's driving down the prices. Eventually Real Gone will reissue them all, in plastic jewels too so they'll actually be better than the OGs IMO. 

The Daves Picks hype is crazy though, the last volume sold out in 40 minutes. You pretty much have to subscribe these days to get them at non-Ebay prices. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.