News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

GDead Thread

Started by VA $l!m, August 26, 2005, 06:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 20, 2022, 11:31:48 AM89 and 90 want and deserve your support.
I'd rather listen to JRAD. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VA $l!m

Quote from: PIE-GUY on October 20, 2022, 11:41:20 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on October 20, 2022, 11:31:48 AM89 and 90 want and deserve your support.
i dont know what this means but im sure it would upset me if i did
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA $l!m on October 21, 2022, 01:05:47 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on October 20, 2022, 11:41:20 AM
i dont know what this means but im sure it would upset me if i did

It would indeed.
It has upset me.

Caravan2001

Have to say, fairly upset over here TBH lol.  But I do feel better knowing that Slim doesn't even know what JRAD is. It gives me hope.  I saw Melvin with Kimmock and Oteil last month and he is a treasure.  Hadn't seen him since Comes A Time in 2010, which was incidentally the first time I had ever seen/heard John K.

VA $l!m

i guess i can thank PG for sending me down a rabbit hole that ended up at this interesting article about Victim from Gerrit Graham who wrote the lyrics of which i've always been a fan.
-I never knew the Junkie line caused such a hubbub within the Band's circle.

http://artsites.ucsc.edu/gdead/AGDL/votc.html

...Victim has definitely grown on me over the years. Jerry always shreds the fuck outta it, especially by 90s shows standards when it got to that point. And yeah, i love the lyrics. Didn't even realize it wasn't a Barlow song til just now when i looked it up.

mattstick

Anyone else get the In & Out Of The Garden box?

DL2 really outdid himself with 6 incredible shows and an absurd box design.

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA $l!m on October 21, 2022, 08:32:58 PMi guess i can thank PG for sending me down a rabbit hole that ended up at this interesting article about Victim from Gerrit Graham who wrote the lyrics of which i've always been a fan.
-I never knew the Junkie line caused such a hubbub within the Band's circle.

http://artsites.ucsc.edu/gdead/AGDL/votc.html

...Victim has definitely grown on me over the years. Jerry always shreds the fuck outta it, especially by 90s shows standards when it got to that point. And yeah, i love the lyrics. Didn't even realize it wasn't a Barlow song til just now when i looked it up.

Was listening to Without A Net this weekend and midway through Victim, I told my wife about what Phil once said, re the song: "I can't imagine why Bob feels the need to sing it but I'll defend to my grave his right to do so."
I then went on to note that as weird as it is, Jerry RIPS.

Caravan2001

Di
Quote from: mattstick on October 21, 2022, 08:44:29 PMAnyone else get the In & Out Of The Garden box?

DL2 really outdid himself with 6 incredible shows and an absurd box design.

Didn't get the box but it sounds amazing.  The playing is super.  There are some really great ads, especially of the 81s but the box sounds incredible.  Been getting a lot of play, especially the shows I was not as familiar with.

Superfreakie

Dave's Picks 2023 Bluuurbb:

Portland '77 - we have the Betty's, but Jeffrey Norman will hopefully add some sparkle!!

Well, here we are embarking on our 12th year of the Dave's Picks series, a dozen years of bringing you complete unreleased shows on CD, mastered directly from the Grateful Dead's master tapes. And the most remarkable thing? Even 45+ volumes into the series, not to mention literally scores of other previous archival releases, we are still able to produce shows like Vol. 45, two complete concerts from Portland, OR, on 10/1/77 and 10/2/77. And wait until you see what we have in store for Vol. 46! And its accompanying Bonus Disc that will exclusively be sent to 2023 Dave's Picks subscribers! I was reminded of this analogy in regards to sports teams that win championships: you've got to have a deep bench of talented, quality parts to keep the run going at the elite level it requires. And the Grateful Dead's tape vault? The deepest bench there is! Cumulatively between the Dick's Picks, Road Trips, and Dave's Picks series Vol. 45 will be the 98th installment, not to mention the countless box sets, vault releases etc. And the fact that the two Portland '77 shows are coming out in 2023? THAT's a deep bench! We have three more releases planned in 2023 that are all going to knock your socks off the way we expect Vol. 45 will. A huge thank you for keeping this thing going; it's your interest and excitement that has allowed the Dave's Picks series to continue, and we really see no end in sight. With each Dave's Picks selling out more quickly than the last, subscribing in 2023 will make sure you get all four complete show (in the case of Vol. 45, TWO complete shows!) releases throughout the year, plus the Bonus Disc that will arrive with Vol. 46. Thanks again for sticking around. We're as passionate now as we were when the series started, perhaps even more so, and we plan to continue releasing Grateful Dead of quality you've come to expect for a very long time.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

rowjimmy

Subscribed the other day.
Don't sleep.

WhatstheUse?

Anyone hitting the Meet-Up at the movies this weekend? Michelle and I are headed up to Fort Collins!

4/17/72!
Bring in the dude!

VA $l!m

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 03, 2022, 11:01:01 PMAnyone hitting the Meet-Up at the movies this weekend? Michelle and I are headed up to Fort Collins!

4/17/72!
o dam thx for reminding me, need to see if its playing somewhere close.

ETA: dam 3pm tomoro downtown... right at end of home football game.. downtown will be packed af. maybe ill roll down and pray for a parking spot

VA $l!m

listening to 10-19-72 atm.
this OTher One is top tier goddam

Gumbo72203

just did the Meet Up today.  That band is ridiculous.  Like, it's not even fair how good they were back then.  That Truckin' was fantastic.  And even the Big Railroad Blues ripped!  May have even been my highlight, and i never gave a shit about that song haha. 

I think i might just subscribe to the Daves Picks thing and sell the ones I don't want.  Grrrrr
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again