News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

GDead Thread

Started by VA $l!m, August 26, 2005, 06:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Went to the Meet Up at the Movies last night as well. Truckin' ripped indeed.

I gotta say, I was massively disappointed in the songs selection.  They didn't show the Playin'... Dark Star.... or Caution.... you know... like... the best parts of the show. I would've rather just seen the 30 minute Dark Star than the other 1.5 hours they showed.

Don't get me wrong, the rest was all well played... super concise versions of everything but Michelle and I listed to the Dark Star on the ride back home and it sounded like a completely different band than what we just watched. Otherworldly stuff.
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Went with caravan yesterday, band was just so tight and everything completely dialed in. 

Definitely wished they included some big jams, but considering it was for a TV broadcast I understand why they didn't. Although the Beat Club has the big Other One, so I dunno.

Also thought they could've cleaned up the video for us, the lines from the video conversion were pretty distracting. Norman remaster on the theater system sounded incredible. Glad I went, full theater and everyone was loving it.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

WhatstheUse?

Aha, I didnt realize this was something previously broadcasted. I thought it was compiled for this specifically. That makes sense then. The Dark Star is quite out there.

The band really was sounding tight. Which is not a word I generally associate with the dead
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 06, 2022, 07:14:28 PMAha, I didnt realize this was something previously broadcasted. I thought it was compiled for this specifically. That makes sense then.

Fun fact, this was the first live broadcast of a musical performance on Danish TV ever. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VA $l!m

pretty sure i have this on dvd somewhere..

despite the format, still best footage of E72
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Hicks

I'd have to go with the Beat Club, the video quality from the Shakedown Stream was insane, at least HD quality. Plus in terms of performance you get the monster Other One and two PITBs that are both different. 

anthrax

if that 4/17/72 video existed prior to meet up at the movies, i'd REALLY love to see it  :laugh:

VA $l!m

Quote from: Hicks on November 07, 2022, 01:50:35 PMI'd have to go with the Beat Club, the video quality from the Shakedown Stream was insane, at least HD quality. Plus in terms of performance you get the monster Other One and two PITBs that are both different. 
ok now i realize im forgetting everything :(  ... but idk if ive seen that?
 maybe that wasnt out when i got all my dvds back in the stone age

ETA, checked youtube and you right i have seen some of that.
only see part of it there though :(

anyway, i guess i'll revise my former statement and just say ANY footage from E72 is gold in my book :)

VA $l!m

Quote from: anthrax on November 07, 2022, 05:42:38 PMif that 4/17/72 video existed prior to meet up at the movies, i'd REALLY love to see it  :laugh:
yeah its been around forever.
i have a old dvd of it.
not sure if its completely same.

GBL

I caught the 3pm up in Minneapolis on Saturday, was a good time

I thought it was set break when the lights came on lol
If this is love, I'm never going home..

VA $l!m

11-12-72 Birdsong.
Listen to it.

VA $l!m

re-watching 'Long Strange Trip'
really such a good doc.
i think that one story about the E72 Lyceum Dew might be my fav dead story.
gives me chills.

Hicks

Quote from: VA $l!m on November 21, 2022, 04:21:32 PMre-watching 'Long Strange Trip'
really such a good doc.
gives me chills.

Absolutely and the way he describes Jerry looking over his glasses at him is classic.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: VA $l!m on November 21, 2022, 04:21:32 PMre-watching 'Long Strange Trip'
really such a good doc.
gives me chills.

Just watched the whole thing again at the beginning of November... as I was stuck on the couch recovering from a little procedure. Probably my 5th time all the way through it. The first episode is just so good. The last episode is just so sad. Everything in between is great, too. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VA $l!m

fall 72 china>riders are so fire.
that is all.