News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

GDead Thread

Started by VA $l!m, August 26, 2005, 06:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on November 03, 2023, 12:59:53 PMListening to 11/07/1971 Harding Theatre, SF today for the first time that I can recall and got to Hide Away.
Great blues number that I don't think they played very often that I am aware of.
killer show.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Caravan2001

The bonus disc (Kiel '70) of the new 71 Dave's Picks is unreal.  Second half of '70 is the biggest gap in the vault, apparently only 4 songs have been released previously from this period.  The 8 tracks on the bonus disc have me jonesing for more.  Killer stuff.  The Good Lovin is unreal. Toward the end they go full Hard To Handle.  It's awesome.

VA $l!m

Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 06, 2023, 03:41:50 PMThe bonus disc (Kiel '70) of the new 71 Dave's Picks is unreal.  Second half of '70 is the biggest gap in the vault, apparently only 4 songs have been released previously from this period.  The 8 tracks on the bonus disc have me jonesing for more.  Killer stuff.  The Good Lovin is unreal. Toward the end they go full Hard To Handle.  It's awesome.
IDK, maybe i'm off, but I've always felt like '70 would get bantered around as people's favorite year more if there was just better consistency in the recordings we have.

It's still stands on it's own as probably the year where they evoled the most in such a short period of time.

VA $l!m

ps, Just had an insanely blissed out walk listening to 10-18-74 Sugaree.

musta been nicest fresh air Nebraska day ive ever tasted, perfectly stoned...

i coulda died in that moment and been the happiest man on the planet. :syf:

VA $l!m

right now watchin

Caravan2001

Saw that upgrade, it's super sweet!

Superfreakie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 12, 2023, 10:15:55 PMSaw that upgrade, it's super sweet!

I have the vid (not pulled from youtube) if there is interest.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Superfreakie on November 12, 2023, 11:31:34 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 12, 2023, 10:15:55 PMSaw that upgrade, it's super sweet!

I have the vid (not pulled from youtube) if there is interest.
Yeah, I'd be thrilled. I watched that twice and then shared it with a few friends.
Amazing stuff
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Buffalo Budd

8/05/1970
Golden Hall, Community Concorse
San Diego, CA, USA

Candyman
El Paso
Rosalie McFall
Tell It To Me
Drink Up and Go Home
A Voice From On High
Cold Jordan
Swing Low Sweet Chariot
Deep Elem Blues
Dark Hollow
Friend of the Devil
Mama Tried
To Lay Me Down
Dire Wolf
Ballad of Casey Jones

Just awesome versions of every tune with some slick mando in there by David Nelson.
I love discovering these old gems that I have missed even after all these years listening to these guys.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VA $l!m

10-19-74
this show has some serious classics.
jesus, this tomorrow is forever.. big all timer for me

Superfreakie

Quote from: VA $l!m on November 29, 2023, 02:17:12 PM10-19-74
this show has some serious classics.
jesus, this tomorrow is forever.. big all timer for me

That Truckin'> Caution > Truckin' is ridic
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Gumbo72203

It's not my favorite show, but I think 11/11/73 has my favorite Bobby McGee, and my favorite sounding tape ever.  It's just perfection.

Also, the 4/8/72 Dark Star I THINK is my pick for greatest Grateful Dead jam ever.  Revisited that last night for the first time in probably a decade.  Wow. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

mistercharlie

You cannot view this attachment.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Superfreakie

Probably been posted before. But cool '78 interview. Jerry is pretty laid back. Must have blasted a ball throughout the interview.

https://halmasonberg.wordpress.com/2010/04/04/backstage-with-jerry-the-interview-portland-oregon-1977/

VA $l!m

been listening to alot of jgb.
mostly 90-91
Spotify been great.
1st time hearing alot official releases.