News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

GDead Thread

Started by VA $l!m, August 26, 2005, 06:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Multibeast12

Been listening through the September 91 tour. Some really great playing on years I have slept on for too long.

Caravan2001

Just got through with the recent 9/16/72 upgrade.  Damn, it's so good. September 72 is the greatest.

Grateful Dead
Saturday September 16, 1972
Boston Music Hall
Boston, Massachusetts

Vault Master Reel to DAT Provided by ANON

WAV > Samplitude Pro X5 > Flac24
Mastered by Jim Blackwood with assistance provided by Jamison Waddell
Speed Correction by Jason Chastain

- much more complete than any circulating soundboard, still missing first 4 songs
- He's Gone patched with Bear's Reel > Cass, which we circulated as it's own partial source
- gd1972-09-16.012932.degen.weiner.sbeok.shn provides about 20 seconds at the end of Dark Star into Brokedown

Originally aired on 91.3 FM KXCI Tucson on Dead Air,
hosted by Jim Blackwood and Jamie Waddell on July 26, 2020
https://spinitron.com/KXCI/pl/11326111/Dead-Air
and shared to www.shnflac.net

24Bit 44.1kHz FLAC Level 8

Set I
(missing:  Bertha, Me & My Uncle, Deal, Black Throated Wind)
01. You Win Again
02. Big River
03. Bird Song
04. Mexicali Blues
05. Stella Blue
06. Jack Straw
07. Big RxR Blues
08. Playin' In The Band

Set II
09. Set II crowd
10. Morning Dew
11. Greatest Story Ever Told
12. He's Gone
13. El Paso
14. Don't Ease Me In
15. Dark Star >
16. Brokedown Palace
17. Promised Land
18. Ramble On Rose
19. Not Fade Away  >
20. GDTRFB  >
21. Not Fade Away
22. crowd
23. One More Saturday Night

VA $l!m

o sick.
boston 72 some of my fav shows.
think its night before has my favorite all time Other One.
that morning dew, dark star brokedown legit tho
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mattstick

BRING ME THE ST LOUIS BOX NOW

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on September 24, 2021, 06:47:07 PMBRING ME THE ST LOUIS BOX NOW
And the 72 jams vinyl!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VA $l!m

currently goin thru fall 79... goddam they on fire this tour

mattstick

https://recordwonderland.com/UPC/880882444426

GarciaLive Volume 17 features highlights from three Jerry Garcia Band performances captured in their native Northern California during November 1976. Joined by fellow Grateful Dead members Donna Jean & Keith Godchaux along with John Kahn and Ron Tutt, Garcia has gone on record extolling the group's harmonious sound, evident on classics like "Sugaree" "Friend of the Devil" "Catfish John" and "How Sweet It Is." The 3xCD set contains over 2.5hrs of music sourced from original soundboard recordings.

rowjimmy

susep

Quote from: mattstick on September 24, 2021, 06:47:07 PMBRING ME THE ST LOUIS BOX NOW

Listened to some of it today.  Excellent release.  Love the variety and changes in sound from the band between '71-73.  Easily a favorite era for sure.  Dave's Pick from Feb '70 ropes in well with this release also.   

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Caravan2001

Quote from: mattstick on September 28, 2021, 08:34:55 AMhttps://recordwonderland.com/UPC/880882444426

GarciaLive Volume 17 features highlights from three Jerry Garcia Band performances captured in their native Northern California during November 1976. Joined by fellow Grateful Dead members Donna Jean & Keith Godchaux along with John Kahn and Ron Tutt, Garcia has gone on record extolling the group's harmonious sound, evident on classics like "Sugaree" "Friend of the Devil" "Catfish John" and "How Sweet It Is." The 3xCD set contains over 2.5hrs of music sourced from original soundboard recordings.

This is a very good release and not an era I find myself reaching for often, or even really too familiar with compared to the other JGB lineups.  Really like it and have played it a million times already.  I was not too thrilled when I learned it was a compilation release, but that went out the window once I played it.  Great stuff.

mistercharlie

3/1/1969 3LP will be part of the Start Your Ear Off Right program this year. Limited to 9,000 copies.

https://www.roughtrade.com/us/grateful-dead/fillmore-west-san-francisco-ca-3-1-1969-syeor-exclusive
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

jus finished 9-18-87 msg. such a good show.
& Knockin encore jus hit me in the soul.