News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

GDead Thread

Started by VA $l!m, August 26, 2005, 06:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumbo72203

Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 21, 2022, 06:02:18 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on November 21, 2022, 04:21:32 PMre-watching 'Long Strange Trip'
really such a good doc.
i think that one story about the E72 Lyceum Dew might be my fav dead story.
gives me chills.

Just watched the whole thing again at the beginning of November... as I was stuck on the couch recovering from a little procedure. Probably my 5th time all the way through it. The first episode is just so good. The last episode is just so sad. Everything in between is great, too.

That's a famous story, it's in the McNally book I believe, or Phil's.  Very cool. 

We just watched most of The Grateful Dead Movie tonight.  I took some of her edible and it became a gooooood bit too heavy for me to carry lol so I needed some comfort.  Got under the covers and watched the Trey NFL thing with Nick Mangold, and then TGDM.  Fuck, that band.  Man.  Like, it's not even fair.  They're just so perfect. 

I had the thought of like, how you always see people in the movies when they're at concerts and they're so into it, but it's fake.  But here... it was real.  Like those people were really that buzzed on what was happening.  What a special thing. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

VA $l!m

i still have my vhs  of the dead movie..
probably a 100th gen copy or something lol
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA $l!m on December 18, 2022, 12:42:03 AMi still have my vhs  of the dead movie..
probably a 100th gen copy or something lol

Same.
I also own proper store bought vhs, dvd, and blue ray. Also the CDs. And a partial vinyl bootleg.

Only show I've bought more times is Veneta.

sls.stormyrider

yes, store bought VHS
(saw it in the theater when it initially came out)
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Caravan2001

I have an official VHS and then I bought the Bluray and it came with one of the negatives that they picked up off of the cutting room floor.  I come across it every few years (have no idea where it is) but whenever it pops up I'm like "what's this?" and then I hold it up and its a few frames of the GD movie.  And then I lose it for another 5 years

VA $l!m

almost done going through the 72 Texas run.
i have a hard time not saying this is my favorite run of shows they ever did.

Gumbo72203

Quote from: VA $l!m on December 28, 2022, 03:51:25 PMalmost done going through the 72 Texas run.

for me that's November '73.  Those middle weeks from 11/11 to 11/23 man, what a run. 

i also never knew they released The Movie on VHS.  I swore my understanding was that the DVD was the first commercial release after the theatrical stuff.  My understanding also is that the movie is responsible for Jerry's heroin use, because of the endless editing and whatnot and trying to mix it so that whatever the camera was focused on, instrument wise, was the most prominent element in the mix. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

VA $l!m

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on December 29, 2022, 06:24:47 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on December 28, 2022, 03:51:25 PMalmost done going through the 72 Texas run.

for me that's November '73.  Those middle weeks from 11/11 to 11/23 man, what a run. 

i also never knew they released The Movie on VHS.  I swore my understanding was that the DVD was the first commercial release after the theatrical stuff.  My understanding also is that the movie is responsible for Jerry's heroin use, because of the endless editing and whatnot and trying to mix it so that whatever the camera was focused on, instrument wise, was the most prominent element in the mix. 
dead movie was out long before dvds existed. Wiki says 1981.
--and don't believe bs you hear about jerry's addiction. Everything is exaggerated tall tales in that regard.

mistercharlie

Have you ever been awakened in the middle of the night after having a fever dream about Jerry being in Bisco instead of the Dead?

No? Well, here's this to make it start happening: Garcia (Remixed)

This is an official project. I got the link in an email from Garcia Family Provisions.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Superfreakie

Caught Jazz is Dead last night here in Boston with Kimock and Alphonso. If you have a chance, I highly highly recommend seeing them. They were fantastic.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Superfreakie on January 25, 2023, 09:01:56 PMCaught Jazz is Dead last night here in Boston with Kimock and Alphonso. If you have a chance, I highly highly recommend seeing them. They were fantastic.

I've been watching a few of their shows and I would love to catch them this tour.
Kick ass line up.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

pcr3

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 25, 2023, 09:05:20 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on January 25, 2023, 09:01:56 PMCaught Jazz is Dead last night here in Boston with Kimock and Alphonso. If you have a chance, I highly highly recommend seeing them. They were fantastic.

I've been watching a few of their shows and I would love to catch them this tour.
Kick ass line up.

Yeah, it was fucking amazing.  Kudos to SF for hooking up the third row seats!

Steve Kimock playing instrumental GD songs for a whole night is something I could see every night and never get bored.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

sls.stormyrider

I remember driving to Logan, seeing the sign and say I need to check that out. Forgot about it.
Glad you went and had a great show.
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Superfreakie

Quote from: sls.stormyrider on January 26, 2023, 02:27:52 PMI remember driving to Logan, seeing the sign and say I need to check that out. Forgot about it.
Glad you went and had a great show.

Damn, sorry I didn't remind you. Grabbed tickets months ago at the first on-sale date. Next time there is a show like this, I'll hit you up if you want to sit with us. 
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

sls.stormyrider