News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

GDead Thread

Started by VA $l!m, August 26, 2005, 06:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 06, 2023, 08:43:18 AMListened to 08/06/1974 Roosevelt Stadium again.
Holy shit, they go so deep on the EOTW & PITB.
So sick.  :willynilly:
That Eyes is my #1 all-time favorite Dead jam. It's so damned smooth and near symphonic in the movements. The Playin is no slouch either. 

"Get off the fence, idiot!"
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

speaking of Roosevelt Stadium ive been watching the remaster of the 76 show.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

you guys gotta see this.
check out bobby and phil goofing off during the opener around 5 minute mark.

Caravan2001

haha.  That's a sweet video.  Never saw that.  Wish there was video of 83 and 85!

rowjimmy

Cheesin'!
Gonna have to watch that whole vid asap.

VA $l!m

lovin' all the summer 74 i8ve been digging into.

indica &  Philly 8-5  1st set right now.. mellow monday

VA $l!m

been watching the remaster of 4-27-77 Capitol Theatre.
These remasters have really made some of these 70s vids watchable now.

This might be the best raw Spring 77 footage.
 Jerry is absolutely rockin all night.
Billy too.
The rest of the band seemed subdued til they came out second set seriously lookin coked up and giggly.
Bob wipes his nose at one point i noticed lol.
But yeah,
pure 77 HEAT.
love it.

VA $l!m

50th anniversary of the 2nd dank co show other day.
this show has really grown on me over the years.
probably my fav ME & my Uncle
sounds like Bob is trippin with his dyslexia kickin in.. totally slobbers the lyrics. love it.
then JEr jus RIPS the fuck into his run.
Definitely gotta be a 'cracked the bottle'.. you knew it was coming.
 :syf:

Superfreakie

Quote from: VA $l!m on October 26, 2023, 07:34:31 PM50th anniversary of the 2nd dank co show other day.

Your auto-fill/correct had me scratching my head as to what dank Colorado show was played in October 1973. lol
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Superfreakie on October 29, 2023, 01:19:23 AM
Quote from: VA $l!m on October 26, 2023, 07:34:31 PM50th anniversary of the 2nd dank co show other day.

Your auto-fill/correct had me scratching my head as to what dank Colorado show was played in October 1973. lol

We've called Dane County "Dank" County since 93 at least.

Superfreakie

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 30, 2023, 07:05:16 AM
Quote from: Superfreakie on October 29, 2023, 01:19:23 AM

We've called Dane County "Dank" County since 93 at least.

Not sure why I've never heard that; or have more likely forgotten  :police: 
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

VA $l!m

VA $l!m

Caravan2001

this show has really grown on me over the years.
probably my fav ME & my Uncle
sounds like Bob is trippin with his dyslexia kickin in.. totally slobbers the lyrics. love it.
then JEr jus RIPS the fuck into his run.
Definitely gotta be a 'cracked the bottle'.. you knew it was coming.
 :syf:

So good.  The Stella Blue is an all timer

Buffalo Budd

Listening to 11/07/1971 Harding Theatre, SF today for the first time that I can recall and got to Hide Away.
Great blues number that I don't think they played very often that I am aware of.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Quote from: pcr3 on June 28, 2024, 03:20:19 PMNote to self: Do not forget to eat actual food.