News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Fuck4paug

Started by redrum, July 06, 2010, 01:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGrupp

Quote from: mattstick on July 06, 2010, 02:29:55 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:22:46 PM

I'm not calling you a dick, but I do think you have trouble typing the same way you would speak.

And I'm not calling you a w00k, but if you were to suggest that I was the "fun police" because you disagreed with my opinion, I'd tell you to STFU.  Cool?

Fun police? No. But you sure do like imposing "the right" (your) opinion on people YOU disagree with. In a 'hetty phish lawz' enforcement kind of way.

I'm sure you're a nice guy in person, but man you sure come off as a dick on the interweb (which is ser biz, no?).

And that's what I was trying to say before.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: Poster Nutbag on July 06, 2010, 02:32:42 PM
If you go through the first 11 pages of the fuck you 7/1 setlist thread... LLama, Roses are Free, Fuck your Face, Vultures, and Lizards were called... prior to 7/1 being played... and they played all those songs in 2 nights... Can see Sophist's point, but it's definitely weird, thats all...

I went back to the LFST and had a blast...again!  Here is what I found.

Quote from: hicks

This, Rage Against Homework is lamers.

Also, Fuck Your Face opener tonight.

And yes, while they did not open with it, I think there were too many stars aligned.  As for your friend seeing the sign, I just learned this fact, although I still believe in this conspiracy.  Its like whether there was a Lone Shooter or not.  I believe (at least I will lie to myself) that week4paug is now the puppet master of Phish.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

Hicks

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on July 06, 2010, 02:38:02 PM
If you go through the first 11 pages of the fuck you 7/1 setlist thread... LLama, Roses are Free, Fuck your Face, Vultures, and Lizards were called... prior to 7/1 being played... and they played all those songs in 2 nights... Can see Sophist's point, but it's definitely weird, thats all...

Quote from: rowjimmy
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2010, 05:26:58 pm »Quote from: rowjimmy on July 01, 2010, 05:09:37 pm
Hey fuck you!
RATM, LOL

Hey fuck you, that's my quote!  :wink:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: Hicks on July 06, 2010, 02:41:57 PM
Quote from: UncleEbinezer on July 06, 2010, 02:38:02 PM

[/quote]

You were right.  I was doing something else and my brain lapsed.  mod'd

UncleEbinezer

Btw, fuck you too!!!!   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Hicks

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on July 06, 2010, 02:45:40 PM

Btw, fuck you too!!!!   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

What's a few fuck yous amongst friends?

Also,

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

McGrupp

^^^  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

I was quoting that monkeystasio video post-show to Jphish! Love it!

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

sophist

Quote from: mattstick on July 06, 2010, 02:29:55 PM
Quote from: Hicks on July 06, 2010, 02:22:17 PM
Destiny was played heavily throughout 90-91 though, so there's tons of folks that were seeing them back then that caught it.
This was a song that practically no one had seen before, and even if they had who can remember since the date is totally unconfirmed.
As one of Mike's earlier compositions, I'd say it's historically significant too, and certainly an interesting tune as well.
So all that adds up to a bustout of the highest order in my book.

I see what you're saying, but Destiny Unbound was the song that people thought would never be played again, at least when I started seeing shows... it's not like there were people waiting for the Fuck Your Face bustout.  And while I'm not a fan of Destiny Unbound or Fuck Your Face as songs, I do think Destiny Unbound is a little more interesting.

Quote from: sophist on July 06, 2010, 02:23:33 PM
So according to you, one of their first songs written is less important than one of their more popular songs? 

Yes.  Are you jonesin' to hear Minkin, And So To Bed? or He Ent To The Bog?
I would appreciate it if they played them.  Part of me is a huge stats nerd, it's what I love about the band, that they have these rare songs.  Are they the best songs in the catalog?  No.  But I like having them as a possible option, and I appreciate the significance of a bust out like FYF. 

As a tune i like it though, I think FYF is a cool song.  I dig the main riff and I thought they raged the fuck out of it in Charlotte.     
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mattstick

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:36:53 PM
Fun police? No. But you sure do like imposing "the right" (your) opinion on people YOU disagree with. In a 'hetty phish lawz' enforcement kind of way.

I'm sure you're a nice guy in person, but man you sure come off as a dick on the interweb (which is ser biz, no?).

Meh.  I asked a question...  You assumed the rest.  Clearly Hicks, sophist and others were up to the task of discussing it.

McGrupp

Quote from: mattstick on July 06, 2010, 02:55:10 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:36:53 PM

Meh.  I asked a question...  You assumed the rest.  Clearly Hicks, sophist and others were up to the task of discussing it.

Those guys were being civil, I was just straight up being a dick.

At least I can admit when I'm being a dick, right? :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

rowjimmy

* rowjimmy would totally shit in guyforget's hat if they played He Ent To The Bog.

sophist

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 06, 2010, 03:03:42 PM
* rowjimmy would totally shit in guyforget's hat if they played He Ent To The Bog.
* sophist would be to take the # 1
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: sophist on July 06, 2010, 03:04:28 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on July 06, 2010, 03:03:42 PM
* sophist would be to there to take the A # 1

FYP

guyforget

i havent listened to fyf yet, but it is a pretty big bustout.

that said, as far as significance in the scene, i gotta agree w/ mattstick that destiny unbound @ 2/28/03 was the biggest phish bustout ever. 

you ask anyone who was on tour in the last 90's what the song they wanted them to bring back was, and it was destiny, destiny, destiny.  it had lore, it had hype, it had a reputation.  second only to a narrated gamehendge, in my opinion. 

-AD_

sophist

I get that.  I'm not diminishing that either.  796 shows is a huge gap, but FYF was 1413 show gap.  I think that speaks volumes, at least in the sense that they brought something out of the wood work that was seemingly impossible to return from a statistical standpoint.  It was/is much more likely for a song like Destiny to be played again.  I was just as stoked to get my first Destiny on 7/3 as I was about FYF.  The only difference though is the pure shock of it, and I guess that is akin to what happened to people at 2/28/03, it must of been shocking.