News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Fuck4paug

Started by redrum, July 06, 2010, 01:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltMe

Quote from: tehdead on July 06, 2010, 08:06:54 PM
look at it this way, they played FYF!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

totally lol...all night and most of the next day my gf kept asking me why i was laughing and what i was saying when i was talking to myself...i was repeating "i cant fucking believe they played fuck your face"
nothing i see can be taken from me...

VA $l!m

i think the destiny vs FYF discussion is akin to the
GD, with FYF being unbroken chain, and destiny was more like dark star.
destiny as guyforget said was a beloved song that had the hype.
chain was like fyf, in that nobody ever expected them to play it, and also that it lost some of its hype once played b/c it was in the later years of the band......

well, sorta.

anyway, i was @ 2-28-03, but i agree with both camps.
...great. i just proved to myself that i am a gemini once again. :shakehead:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

justjezmund

i said some thing before but got rid of it to say something else,

being involved in that monstrosity of vulgarity last friday night and then seeing it happen saturday hit me in a wierd way. 

And if you were involved in LFST, and voted no.

just go home

/just sayin
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: tehdead on July 06, 2010, 08:06:54 PM
look at it this way, they played FYF!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

you've got a strong point here.   :-D
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

Hicks

Quote from: JustJezmund on July 06, 2010, 09:57:44 PM

And if you were involved in LFST, and voted no.

just go home

/just sayin

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: !cEm@n $l!m on July 06, 2010, 09:51:13 PM
chain was like fyf, in that nobody ever expected them to play it, and also that it lost some of its hype once played b/c it was in the later years of the band......

well, sorta.

I was @ the Chain... This (FYF) strikes me as being akin. EXCEPT most people in that venue didn't know what they were hearing the other night. A far greater percentage knew what was up when the Chain happened.

That said I still think the analogy holds up.

VA $l!m

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 06, 2010, 10:38:16 PM

well, sorta.

I was @ the Chain... This (FYF) strikes me as being akin. EXCEPT most people in that venue didn't know what they were hearing the other night. A far greater percentage knew what was up when the Chain happened.

you realize the danger of agreeing with my insanity? :police:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

rowjimmy

Quote from: !cEm@n $l!m on July 06, 2010, 10:45:39 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on July 06, 2010, 10:38:16 PM

well, sorta.

you realize the danger of agreeing with my insanity? :police:

I've been hip to your rap for a long time, bro.

whyweigh5.0

Definitely not

I know this because I saw someone on another board post that they were going to play this.  They made that post about about two weeks ago

sorry to be a bubble buster
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

disco

so does this mean there would have to be some prep school hippie discussions before they will play that? I'd be down with a whirl, I believe 12-6-86 is the last version of that song. That would technically beat the FYF bust out wise. As for if people really want to hear it, I doubt it. It's a fun lil' diddy that has a few dated references and a nice section in the middle. Yet another one that caravan's lazy ass has not made it out to see  :-P
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

DI

Quote from: mattstick on July 06, 2010, 02:18:33 PM
Quote from: Hicks on July 06, 2010, 02:15:21 PM
Quote from: mattstick on July 06, 2010, 02:10:37 PM

You really think Fuck Your Face was the ultimate bust out?

Played only once before on an unknown date at least 23 years ago . . .

I'd say yes.

It can't only be about the date since last played.  The quality of, and importance of the song to the band's songbook is more important to me.  I'd put 2/28/03's Destiny Unbound ahead of Fuck Your Face.  FYI McGrupp - I was not at 2/28/03.

Also, the fact that they're making a conscious effort to dust off songs from the wayyyy back catalog kind of diminishes the recent "bust outs" to me.
And I'd put Alumni ahead of it too, because unlike FYF I actually think it was cool because I like the song, not just because they haven't played it in a long time.

guyforget

Alumni '99 sans Letter to Jimmy Page, or Alumni '10 w/ LTJP?

I cant decide which is more significant, or if they tie, or what.  I was particularly happy that they did the LTJP part when they played Alumni this year, as it should just be part of the song, like The Landlady is part of PYITE, or Bundle of Joy is part of Fluffhead. 

Also, if youre going to count a song like Alumni Blues, which was played in '99, what about something like Curtis Loew?  I bet I could have found more people on lot in the late '90s who would have said Curtis than FYF.

-AD_

DI

Well, it was only once off, and the time before that was twice in '94 then before that '91. 3 year gap, 5 year gap, 11 year gap. I'm saying that even if they had played Alumni>LTJB>Alumni frequently until '99 then didn't play it until this year I'd still say it was bigger. I think it's more about how important it was, and how good it is. I'd care more if they played it again this tour than if they busted out another '80s tune.

mistercharlie

I am personally waiting for them to but out 'I Know A Little'. I love that song and they could play it so well with their current sound. Current gap of 1212 shows.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.