News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/09 - Town Park - Telluride, CO - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Hicks, August 10, 2010, 12:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notkuroda

Caspian is one of my most hated songs, and even I liked this version

burmesepython

Quote from: Superfreakie on August 24, 2010, 07:10:32 PM
Quote from: burmesepython on August 24, 2010, 06:08:16 AM
Quote from: caravan2001 on August 21, 2010, 06:35:26 PM
I still think that the Cities jam and Simple jam from the Greek probably top anything I have seen or heard this summer ('cept maybe the Camden Chalkdust, that is my no.1) , but either way, it's all good....

Of everything I've heard I would 100% agree that those three (Cities, Chalk Dust, Simple) are the jams of the summer so far. All three are also in unexpected songs and truly break ground on where/when the band can throw down the IT shit. If people are asking for unexpected "surprise me" Phish... these DEFINE that idea.

I think LIGHT from the Greek would have something to say about your pics for jams of the summer, if not jams of 3.0. Sort of pwns Cities in the creativity department. And Simple is really a meatstick/fire on the mountain jam....so hardly as creative as the pure spontaneity improv that is the Greek LIGHT. Just sayin'/

I admittedly had not listened to the Greek LIGHT before yesterday... and now I've listened to it 4 times... HOLY SHIT BALLS!!! YES... YES... spaceship shit going on... weirdness... takeoff... landing... the whole 9. Instantly jumps into the conversation regarding jams of 2010 thus far... and jams of 3.0 for that matter.

Gonna go listen to it again... so tits.

burmesepython

Quote from: disco on August 25, 2010, 01:33:25 AM
Quote from: Superfreakie on August 25, 2010, 01:00:08 AM
Quote from: caravan2001 on August 25, 2010, 12:40:40 AM
Quote from: Superfreakie on August 24, 2010, 10:51:07 PM
Just finished this show. While I am sure it was a blast to be in attendance for and nothing to that will ever be comparable, the music itself blows. When not plagued with flubs, it is for the most part directionless or they are just slightly out of sync with each other. Serious drop off from the show that preceded it. Can't win 'em all. The Sand and Piper were alright and that's about it. This show got Fox'd. While the last night at the Greek saw a return of a patient thinking Phish, this was simple 3.0, no one listening to each other, trying to get by with the "energy".

you're crazed....this show far from blows.  The DWD and the Light Up and Julius from set 1 are dope and the  Sand and Piper are monster....The encore rocks too....

I gave positive mention to the Sand and Piper although not in the esteem you hold them. DWD was 3.0 straight ahead rock. As Aug would say, I own that album. Light Up was good and Julius was rocking. But nothing otherworldly to be found here.....especially considering the surroundings.

it was my favorite eva attended caspian if that helps....not a fan normally but this one just kinda got weird, maybe it was me, maybe it was both

It did... it wasn't just the droogs... cool weird seg into Tweez... best Caspian I've seen as well.

burmesepython

Quote from: notkuroda on August 26, 2010, 10:16:24 AM
remember when what REALLY mattered was how you felt at the show?

YES! And I felt fucking fantastic at both of these... pure bliss... soaking in every second of where I was and what was going down. Once in a lifetime type experience.

WhatstheUse?

Sand, Caspian and Piper all kick ass.

9:32 in the Piper is the SICKNESS! Loving that surfer-ish bass line! GO MIKE!

Edit:  Also, I CAN'T BELIEVE Hicks found my "Go Big, Trey" comment on the SBD.  So hilarious.  About :51 into the Piper.... definitely me :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 26, 2010, 04:25:49 PM

Edit:  Also, I CAN'T BELIEVE Hicks found my "Go Big, Trey" comment on the SBD.  So hilarious.  About :51 into the Piper.... definitely me :wtu:

heh I was wondering if you would ever check that out. . .
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Hicks on August 26, 2010, 04:31:02 PM

Yeah... sort of forgot about that for awhile because I hadn't been able to download or listen to the show.

Good ears!

I'm officially eternalized in Phishtory.  Awesome.  :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

McGrupp

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 26, 2010, 04:35:12 PM
Quote from: Hicks on August 26, 2010, 04:31:02 PM

Yeah... sort of forgot about that for awhile because I hadn't been able to download or listen to the show.

Good ears!

I'm officially eternalized in Phishtory.  Awesome.  :wtu:

Truly awesome.

BTW, I listened to this Sand again. I really like it, and I think there are some moments of absolute trey HEAT. But what's up with this ending?
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: McGrupp on August 27, 2010, 09:54:04 AM
But what's up with this ending?

Ummm... where have you been?

I'm pretty sure we call that the "3.0 slow fadeout where they sound like they might take the jam a different direction for a split second but then instead, cut it off and start the next song"
Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

Loving the DEG tease @ 4:38 in this #Line....

I remember Trey doing it when I was there, and looking over at Fish with the goofiest smile on his face... which Fishman returned..
Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

TRIFECTA!

Has Trey ever re-stated the main Caspian theme in his solo like he does @ 3:40 in this version?

It's beautifully awesome!!! This Caspian is awesome!!
Bring in the dude!

Caravan2001

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 27, 2010, 02:16:25 PM
TRIFECTA!

Has Trey ever re-stated the main Caspian theme in his solo like he does @ 3:40 in this version?

It's beautifully awesome!!! This Caspian is awesome!!

Burmese Python has three Trifecta's in this thread I think.  Is that a Trifecta Trifecta?  Or a Triple Trifecta?  I need to teach you how to use the quote function bro.... :-P