News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/15 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - Post Show Discussion and Review

Started by redrum, August 16, 2010, 12:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPhishman

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

cactusfan

listened to this 2nd set again today... and it didn't really do it for me. yes, there are some good moments, but it's very 3.0 in how rushed they feel. the ghost has some great stuff in it, but not for long, and then it ends right away.

this just points up again the beauty of berkeley 8/7 2nd set, and how just by having the patience to let the music develop, everything opens up.

Buffalo Budd

Not a huge fan of this Theme, rough start and Trey really screws up the jam.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

I listened to the YEM as I drove into work... I didn't really notice it until it was over.

Buffalo Budd

This Piper seems to standout from others in 3.0
Not fantastic but stretched out a little farther than the usual.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

aphineday

Quote from: mattstick on August 25, 2010, 02:23:26 PM

I listened to the YEM as I drove into work... I didn't really notice it until it was over.
Hmmm, I actually liked it a lot, I don't know that I thought they were exploring new grounds or anything, but I thought it sounded cool.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: mattstick on August 25, 2010, 02:23:26 PM

This happens to me too. When I have a lot on my mind.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

aphineday

If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

emay

GBL

I was so fucked up I don't even remember these shows..

Can't wait for AC!
If this is love, I'm never going home..

G. Augusto

Quote from: Phantagnostic on September 12, 2010, 02:55:46 AM
I was so fucked up I don't even remember these shows..

Can't wait for AC!

That's how you know they were epic.