News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/18 - Jones Beach - Wantagh, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, August 18, 2010, 11:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: chironug on August 19, 2010, 08:54:46 AM
Mikes drops it down in the Destiny   :mrgreen:

Almost makes up for the total botch of an intro that you have to suffer through to get to that good bit. then Mike bails on it and goes back to the vocals and you wonder if it really was worth it for that 20seconds* of boogie.

*It might be longer...

chironug

qop24

did trey say anything at the very end of the show like "see you in a couple months" or whatever, hinting at what's to come?
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

blatboom

Quote from: qop24 on August 19, 2010, 09:18:04 AM
did trey say anything at the very end of the show like "see you in a couple months" or whatever, hinting at what's to come?
I think he said 'see you next tour'

qop24

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

mbw

Quote from: burmesepython on August 19, 2010, 04:33:39 AM
One more post... here is a quick vid I just uploaded from the stream party at the Report Lounge in Portland... first time I've uploaded directly to YouTube from my iPhone4 and I have to say it's pretty sweet how easy that shit is. The vid gets compressed a bit (360p vs 720p) but you'll get the idea.... and Hicks is raging in it!

very cool.  go hicks!

shoreline99

I thought he actually tripped it up a little. He started to say something else, then quickly said 'see you next tour'.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

VDB

Quote from: Alumni on August 19, 2010, 07:08:48 AM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on August 19, 2010, 12:57:06 AM
A philosophical question: If we get to the point where Phish shows are "boring," does it say more about the band or the audience?

(There's no right or wrong answer.)

Sure there is.

The wrong answer is the audience.   :evil:

Naturally.  :roll:
Is this still Wombat?

VDB

Quote from: Scent of a Tuna on August 19, 2010, 12:54:37 AM
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nassau/police-jones-beach-concertgoer-falls-from-balcony-1.2223962

Excerpt from a review posted on LivePhish.com:

QuoteThe jumper was literally 15 ft away from me and it had no effect on my night.

:-o

I think, in context, that was supposed to be some kind of endorsement of how strong the show was, but... wtf?
Is this still Wombat?

Shadowmaster

Not sure if everyone heard about the jumper at Jones beach last night, someone jumped off the upper mezzanine to the seats 25 feet below and onto some other phans. Jumper is in critical condition I believe.

A Phish fan was fighting for his life after plummeting from a balcony at the Jones Beach theater during a concert Wednesday night, cops said.

The unidentified phanatic suffered massive head trauma after falling headfirst over a railing from the top mezzanine just before 10 p.m. during the iconic jam band's set break, sources at the Long Island beach said.

The shirtless man fell 25 feet and landed with a sickening thud but did not injure anyone in the crowd below.

Jared Needleman, 27, said paramedics had difficulty getting the man out of the stadium because of the large crowd.

"It took them a while to get him out of here. I hope he makes it."

The man was taken to Nassau University Medical Center in critical condition, law enforcement sources said.

http://goo.gl/JN2I

Picture of area afterwards:

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

pcr3

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 19, 2010, 09:56:59 AM
another article:
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/08/19/2010-08-19_phish_concert_horror_as_man_falls_25_ft.html

per my brother-in-law, who was in the departure section (not the arrival), this was not a "fall" but a swan dive.

oh, and after Tweeprise Trey said, "See you next........tour!"
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

rowjimmy

Do you guys read the paug? Or do you just come here to post?

Quote from: Ifthir on August 19, 2010, 09:57:03 AM
Not sure if everyone heard about the jumper at Jones beach last night

Did you read the two posts prior to yours?

Quote from: pcr3 on August 19, 2010, 10:09:27 AM

oh, and after Tweeprise Trey said, "See you next........tour!"

Really?

Quote from: McGrupp on August 19, 2010, 10:01:11 AM
Quote from: qop24 on August 19, 2010, 09:28:47 AM
Quote from: blatboom on August 19, 2010, 09:22:39 AM
I think he said 'see you next tour'

that sneaky bastard

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

shoreline99

It happened right at the start of setbreak, and I came back from the pisser to all hell breaking loose.

I did also hear that it was a jump rather than a push, but who knows how true that is. There were some witnesses talking to some cops by the tunnel near there when i came back.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.